Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot

Scorch

I've been a fan of the Crash Bandicoot series from the very beginning, ever since the first game came out back in 1996. It had the same basic gameplay style as other series, such as Super Mario Bros., Sonic the Hedgehog, Donkey Kong Country, etc., where you have to run, jump, kill enemies, collect coins, rings, fruit (or whatever it is that's in the game), as well as other gameplay mechanics. Lots of people feel as if the Crash Bandicoot series went downhill after Naughty Dog stopped making them, but in my opinion, the series went downhill after Traveller's Tales stopped making them. I actually enjoyed both Wrath of Cortex and Twinsanity. I consider Crash of the Titans, Mind over Mutant, and pretty much any game that came out after Twinsanity to be garbage. My favorite Crash game of all time would have to be the first one. Sure, he didn't have any of those "fancy" moves that he had in the sequels, but I actually found it to be slightly more fun and challenging than the others.

Edited by Scorch

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mollfie

• Ming Ming Hatsune

• Rave92

• Eileanach

Top Posters In This Topic

I've played most of the Crash games, I've not played some of the newer ones because well...after the Wrath of Cortex they seemed to be seriously running out of ideas. Naughty Dog were fantastic, it's a pity they stopped making them.

I love the first game because of nostaliga (I still have it), but I dunno what was my favourite really. I want to track down the other games to replay them.

I'm only in to Crash Racing Games...not the usual platforming/action of Crash itself. You can say their kart games are a rip-off/similar to Mario Kart, but because it's similar to Mario Kart, I enjoy it. I even have that Crash Nitro Kart game on my iPod Touch. X3

But I heard Crash has been going downhill lately, which is sad...hope Crash doesn't end up like Sonic where then those review sites like IGN gives them a 3.2 or something...

I always used to Snub Crash back when it was new. It's not because I was mainly a Nintendo fan, but because he just gave me the creeps. And the guy in the giant Crash suit that you see in the commercials? I actually thought Crash acted like that...

I recently saw my friend playing the second Crash game he downloaded onto his PS3. It looked decent. Classic platforming. Im sorry I missed it. Maybe if I ever get my own PS3, I will give the games a chance. I don't know if I want to try any of the newer ones.

There was one Crash racing game on the original Playstation that I really enjoyed. ^.^ I personally think that one was better than the newer ones too.

I'm a bit of a Crash fan. I've got Wrath of Cortex, Twinsanity and Tag-Team Racing. I found them to be fun.

I'm a bit of a Crash fan. I've got Wrath of Cortex, Twinsanity and Tag-Team Racing. I found them to be fun.

You're missing out if you've never played the PS1 Crash games. I suggest you play them NOW.

Crash was part of my childhood. At the ages of 6, 7, and 8, the only console I had was a PS1, and I had a PC too but PCs aren't exactly consoles. I had all the Crash games on my PS1 except for Crash Bash (I rented it once and always wanted it since), and PC ports of Genesis and Saturn Sonic games, so all I ever thought about was Crash and Sonic, Crash and Sonic. I liked other stuff too, but Crash and Sonic were my two favorite things in the world. And then in 2003, we got a PS2 and a Gamecube, and one of the games my parents bought for me on the PS2 was Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex. Wrath of Cortex and Twinsanity were the only third-party Crash games I liked. Every other third-party Crash game I cannot stand. My favorite Crash game though is Crash 3: Warped.

I liked Crash on my PS1. Since then, I didn't play hit on other consoles, maybe on PS2, but hour or two.

Edited by Rave92

I really enjoyed the original Crash Bandicoot games for the PS1, sadly I never owned a PS1 so I didn't get to play through ALL of the levels but I do remember enjoying what I did get to play an awful lot. I especially loved the Wrath of Cortex, not too sure why.

I have one of the new style ones for the 360 (not Mind Over Mutant the other one) and I did not like what they've done to crash they've made him quite retarded and this made me sad. It was a fun game, I'll admit that, but I didn't feel like it was really a Crash game.

Oh that was the one where you got to ride loads of things like tigers and bears right? I thought that game was great fun especially if you played it with a friend like taking turns each to try and beat each other's scores.

Crash was my favorite mascot during those years between my Genesis and Dreamcast. I loved the crazy humor and characters and how the games were a great way to make the transition in to 3D gaming by incorporating many classic 2D platforming elements into a 3D environment. I'm going to buy the first three games on PSN soon although I really wish Crash Team Racing was on there too. It was a blatant Mario Kart ripoff but TBH I liked it a lot more. I'll take missiles and explosive crates over koopa shells and bananas any day.

Edited by That Crazy Bat Guy

Crash team racing is the greatest game ever. Period.

We need good ol' Crash back. Not sierra's lame attempt.

I was odd. I got the Playstation somewhat late into its life, and ended up buying the games in reverse order. Started with Warped, and loved it. The gems and relics added huge amountd of replayability, and it had just the right difficulty level. I still hate the two swimming levels though.

Crash 2 was next, and it was fun, but something didn't seem quite right. I can't put my finger on it, to be honest. I'd also say the Gems were a bit too difficult and obscure in this game.

And finally I made my way back to the original, and I rank it between its two sequels. The levels are great, and for some odd reason I don't find the Gems quite as difficult (even if you do have to do it all in one life).

I had demos of Crash Bash, Crash Team Racing and the first PS2 game, but none of them grabbed my interest. Hell, the most noticeable thing about the PS2 game was its horrid loading times.

Naughty Dogs games have always had such great humor in them, I think that was why they kinda sucked when Naughty Dog stopped making them. I miss that.

Oh that was the one where you got to ride loads of things like tigers and bears right? I thought that game was great fun especially if you played it with a friend like taking turns each to try and beat each other's scores.

Yeah that's the one, I finished it a lot of times (when I used to play it long time ago), but never played in 2P mode tough.

Glad I'm not the only one :P

I loved the original 3 Crash games, I still play them today round my grandma's house. But I've lost intrest now, I don't like the whole jacking mutants thing they've gone with. I think they should of stuck with the platforming.

Well I sure didn't play it for a long time (by that mean over 8 years) but I think I will when I get PS1 from the basement some day.

Edited by Rave92

It's been a while since I've played them, but I always thought the Crash Bandicoot games were a lot. One of my favorites being Crash Team Racing. While it was a Mario Kart rip off as That Crazy Bat Guy mentioned, the game was a lot of fun regardless.

I use to be a crash fan but then, I just kinda left it with my childhood. Anyways, Crash of the titans was a decent game, pretty fun actually. And because of that, I want to try the newest one that was released. Wow retro platformers were the best!

I loved Crash on the PS1 but never got into the games after that as they didn't look very appealing. I've got back into the series now with Crash of the Titans and Crash: Mind Over Mutant both on PSP. I've completed Crash of the Titans and am now deep into Crash: Mind Over Mutant.

The good: Yes, these 2 new games are alot different to the old Crash games but I'm really enjoying the games for what they are, Crash's skills and gameplay are fun , the Titans/Mutants keep the game fresh with each having different powers, the levels are well made and have alot of variety and the comedy in the cutscenes is absolutely hilarious.

The bad: 1. These are the slowest loading PSP games I have ever come across, I can go for a quick toilet break and come back to still find it loading. 2. Why does Crash get dizzy after spinning for so long? He never used to in the old games. Thankfully you can at least upgrade the move a good few times to make it last longer. 3. Why does Crash not have a shadow in Crash of the Titans, you can't tell where your landing when platforming. Thankfully this problem was sorted for Crash: Mind Over Mutant.

I havn't played any of the PSP games, and I was a little worried that they'd be crap. Sounds like there are some really good points though...maybe if I see it cheap or can borrow it off someone I'll give them a go.

I love Coco's design in Mind Over Mutant.

200px-MindOverMutantCoco.PNG

Edited by Mollfie

I'm only in to Crash Racing Games...not the usual platforming/action of Crash itself. You can say their kart games are a rip-off/similar to Mario Kart, but because it's similar to Mario Kart, I enjoy it

I'm in a similar situation, I’ve only played the ones from the PS1, I liked the platforming games and loved Crash Team Racing which is one of my favorite racing games. I haven’t played a Crash game after that generation, but I’m not really interested, the platforming wasn't the thing that really attracted me about Crash, however I would really like to get the opportunity to play Crash Tag Team Racing.

Edited by Zarckoh

I used to love the Crash Bandicoot games when I was a kid! I don't enjoy them as much these days, but then that could be because I only have Crash Bandicoot 1 & 3 and I've played them so much in my lifetime I've completely overkilled! XD

I've never been that keen on the first Crash game, it was pretty boring and I got fed up quickly, even when I was a kid. I just didn't like the colour schemes of the levels.

Crash Bandicoot 3 was great! I spent sooo many hours playing it when I was a kid. I love all the levels, they're all so interesting and unique. The levels I most enjoyed were the ones where I got to play as Coco Bandicoot riding on the tiger and the ones where Crash rode on a motorbike.

These are the only ones I've ever played. I must try some of the others out someday, especially Crash 2, I've always been meaning to play that but I've never got round to it.

Edited by S o n i c

I heart Crash.

'Specially the first three and CTR. Crash Bash was alright too, seeing as that was just a spin off game it didn't bother me as much seeing as it wasn't developed by Naughty Dog. I had a lot of fun with it all the same.

I first came across the first game when I went round to my friends house maybe nearly 10 years ago now. I must have been in Year 2 or 3 back then. But anyway, when I first seen it I was blown away. I still remember seeing N. Sanity Beach and playing it and it was then I knew I HAD to get a Playstation.

So I did, and I got all the Crash games. :3 As well as Spyro, another game series close to my heart. Many good memories, many fun times and many hours well spent on these games. 8D

I have played some of the games after the PS era though, such as and Crash of the Titans at the same friends house last year. Not too sure about the redesigns though... I used to have some of the PS2 games and the GBA ones but I didn't enjoy them as much.

Edited by Moonlight Silence