Awoo.

The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD

Klinsy

I'm pretty sure it's just Europe that doesn't have it packed in, oddly enough. I don't think it's fair to say the game was made just to sell amiibo when the real reason it was made was to be a stall tactic since Zelda Wii U is behind in production.

Though seriously, god forbid 1 amiibo actually does anything, though the jury is still out even on this one, what possible purpose could it serve in the Wii U Zelda when all the "dungeon" does is net you a bigger wallet?.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Conando said:

I'm pretty sure it's just Europe that doesn't have it packed in, oddly enough. I don't think it's fair to say the game was made just to sell amiibo when the real reason it was made was to be a stall tactic since Zelda Wii U is behind in production.

Japan, too. And you can get it digitally everywhere.

I'd say it had two main purposes then. The amiibo I wouldn't be surprised to have been cooked up by the higher ups to grab some extra cash. I mean it was a HD remaster originally from what I remember right? Don't really see many of those add new things to the game to sell you.

The first image thing I looked up for Twilight Princess HD NTSC-J netted this.

zelda-twilight-princess-hd-box-japan-656

So it's my understanding that it's a pack in, though with the odd choice of it being also sold without it. Does it cost LESS without the amiibo?

Just now, Conando said:

The first image thing I looked up for Twilight Princess HD NTSC-J netted this.

%7Boption%7Dhttp://image-cdn.gamnesia.com/28813/zelda-twilight-princess-hd-box-japan-656x437__xlarge.jpg

So it's my understand that it's a pack in, though with the odd choice of it being also sold without it. Does it cost LESS without the amiibo?

The amiibo-less versions costs less in Europe, so I assume it's the same in Japan.

The amiibo argument isn't less of a thing here btw. Locked content is locked content. Part of the full game being cut off unless you use the Amiibo. No matter how you swing it, that's on disc dlc, and people aren't a huge fan of that.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, KHCast said:

I'd say it had two main purposes then. The amiibo I wouldn't be surprised to have been cooked up by the higher ups to grab some extra cash. I mean it was a HD remaster originally from what I remember right? Don't really see many of those add new things to the game to sell you.

I don't think it's that out of the question when the last 2 Zelda remasters they did had significant changes. Majora's Mask having completely redone bosses and a new sidequest for a bottle, while Wind Waker HD streamlined the horrid Triforce Quest. Nintendo tends to add SOMETHING when they do a remake or remaster, even if it's something stupidly small like Boss Rush in OoT 3D.

Just now, Conando said:

"I don't think it's that out of the question when the last 2 Zelda remasters they did had significant changes. Majora's Mask having completely redone bosses and a new sidequest for a bottle, while Wind Waker HD streamlined the horrid Triforce Quest. Nintendo tends to add SOMETHING when they do a remake or remaster, even if it's something stupidly small like Boss Rush in OoT 3D.

"Sell" as in sell the extra features to you separately. I never see remasters do that.

12 minutes ago, Marcello said:

The amiibo-less versions costs less in Europe, so I assume it's the same in Japan.

Well then I don't really see how it directly translates them to trying to net more money, since it's presumably 10-15 less dollars without the amiibo? Buying the two separately would get the government more in taxes I guess.

Edit: I mean I admit it's a weird thing to actually have extra content tied to a peripheral, but I'm just not seeing it as a big issue or some grand scheme to make money when the game costs less without it and is otherwise packed in with it for a standard msrp. It's not like there isn't a "Nintendo tax" on most other remasters (they're generally the price of a fully original game); Metroid Prime Trilogy being pretty much the only outstanding deal. In other words, I'm not seeing the fleecing with the amiibo when they've already always sold things like this at no discount (that being more of an issue to me then selling a plastic toy with it).

Why wouldn't they offer both options to more areas then? I mean sure, if you look at it from the perspective of game + amiibo, they aren't making much more, so why not offer both? Also I'm mainly looking at it from a amiibo perspective. Just the amiibo, and how that usually goes. Scalpers, and low stock because of them. If you're looking at just the amiibo and not the game outside America, Nintendo could still make a hefty profit from it much like other a lot of their other amiibos. Wouldn't shock me if it was a business tactic releasing them separately outside America to see if that would spike sales of the amiibo. 

I see it more in the vein of cost cutting like they did with the 3DS XL (that dumb shit where they didn't include the adapter) in Japan and Europe. 

How much would it hurt them really at this point considering this being a Wii U title? The things nearing its end, and overall the system did arguable pretty poorly as far as sales overall, so you may as well go all out with something like this. if you're gonna make the bundle available in America, I don't see how much damage it could do to make it available in Japan and some parts of Europe. Considering its a console Zelda game, you're pretty much guaranteed money. 

Well, it IS available in those regions. Just for whatever reason it's not the only print of the game there is, unlike the North American release.

As in why does North America only sell it as a bundle and not as both? NoA has a habit of not selling reduced price things that lack an important peripheral. Though I suppose it could also mean that availability will be worse in NA, which sucks.

Well stinks if you just wanted the amiibo for collectors sake as well and are in America. Could have made the bundle AND made a normal separate  wolf link amiibo for stores as well. And considering its a amiibo, it would likely sell.

I imagine they'll sell it separately eventually like they did the Chibi-Robo amiibo, it could just be a case of making sure the people who buy the game actually get the amiibo at first.

• Thumbs Up 1

The new "dungeon" seems pretty unimportant.  To me it feels more like a bonus for having the amiibo than a penalty for not having it, though I'll admit it's maybe a borderline case.  Hard to really judge without knowing what it does in Zelda U...

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, FFWF said:

The new "dungeon" seems pretty unimportant.  To me it feels more like a bonus for having the amiibo than a penalty for not having it, though I'll admit it's maybe a borderline case.  Hard to really judge without knowing what it does in Zelda U...

All it does in TP HD is record your score. So I doubt it does anything special in Zelda U. Probably some sort of minor bonus to something depending on how good your score is. Maybe it just heals by the number of hearts you had left in that dungeon for all we know.

New Nintendo Minute based on the game.

Not gonna lie, the redone textures actually look rather good.

Also interesting:

F1WkTed.jpg

A new lantern. Looks like the Imp Poe's lantern.

Spoiler

Xn3ChSy.jpg

The old lantern for comparison

Spoiler

Li721K5.png

4Gx78gp.png

-----

Love the quick transformation in that video. Hopefully you an do it regardless of people being around.

Climbing also seems to be faster thankfully.

Wonder what the new lamp does.  Gamexplain was going on about it somehow being used to fight Poes, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's just an upgrade that doesn't need oil, or some other simple thing.

At least it's up for preorder again at amazon (US).  Although, they have now offered it at least twice without notifying me of that fact.  Their notification system is really lousy; I think I got alerted to two things; the last time I checked my notification list, I deleted five things I already own, three of which said 'order now', but had never actually emailed me of the availability.  Two of them were more than a year since coming available.

I'd guess the Poe Lantern is a new mechanic to give hints on Poe locations?  If I recall there was no way to track them down without just searching every nook and cranny of the world blind.  At night.

Going back to the Amiibo argument, I tend to see it how SEGA tried to screw over people with Lost World, and especially Rise of Lyric where several upgrades were locked off unless you used the handheld version to unlock them. It's the same general idea here, they've locked off a upgrade unless you throw out the cash for the Amiibo. The argument that they've added things into their other remasters doesn't work because they weren't locked off in order to use a Amiibo just to get it. What does this mean in the future? Super Mario Sunshine HD will have a Mario/FLOOD amiibo that unlocks eight more shine sprites? Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door HD has a Paper Mario Amiibo that unlocks a Epilogue chapter to the game?

It's a small thing right now, but what's to stop Nintendo from trying to increase this locked away content more and more as these remasters continue?

• Thumbs Up 1