Awoo.

The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD

Klinsy

People have been spotting a couple of tweaks to the game based on analysis of the Famitsu screenshots: You won't have to collect as many Tears of Light in Lanayru Province, and the maximum Rupee capacity has been raised.  I'd expect there to be more such tweaks here and there; hopefully, as more news of this sort comes in, the game will start looking like more than just a visually underwhelming port.

Edit: Well, there we go, that's some significant new content right below me, whether you like how it's handled or not.

Looks like the wolf Link amiibo is going to unlock a dungeon.

De nombreux bonus avec les amiibo « The Legend of Zelda » : posez tous les amiibo liés à la série The Legend of Zelda pour bénéficier de différents bonus dans le jeu, comme recharger le carquois de flèches ou la jauge de cœur. Le nouvel amiibo Link Loup vous permettra même d’accéder au donjon inédit « La Cave du Crépuscule » ! Il enregistrera également des données qui pourront être transférées dans le prochain épisode de la série sur Wii U.

Unlock bonuses with "The Legend of Zelda" amiibos: Tap all the amiibos for the Zelda series to unlock bonuses in the game, such as regenerating your life, or getting arrows for your bow. The new Wolf Link amiibo even allows you to get into a new dungeon: "The Twilight Cave". The data recorded on this Amiibo can even be transfered to the next episode on Wii U.

http://www.amazon.fr/dp/B017XX1HO4/ref=twister_B01AJQXFQU?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1170410

Ugh.

Hopefully the extra dungeon can be bought on the eShop without having to buying the amiibo, because it's starting to sound like Nintendo seems to be following other companies and are using amiibos as a form of on-disc DLC. Very disappointing, especially when Nintendo are releasing games like AC: amiibo Festival that seemingly made to sell more amiibos and nothing else.

Well, what if this new mini-dungeon is a story continuation that opens up the possibility of Midna returning in a future title? more specifically Zelda U?

Also, don't nessecarilly take it as truth. Yet, I mean people have been wanting Amiibo's to do more, and the first print of TPHD includes the amiibo, so it's not exactly on-disc DLC. It's a title re-release with bonus content(Not removed content) that the amiibo allows you to access, you still can play the whole main story either way.

You can buy TPHD without the amiibo. This is on-disc DLC. It doesn't matter whether or not this is bonus content, it still sucks you need a toy to unlock it.

And I seriously doubt this dungeon will have any story. It probably won't even be a big one.

Also, I've never wanted amiibo to do more. Quite the opposite is what I've been wanting.

• Thumbs Up 4

3 minutes ago, Marcello said:

You can buy TPHD without the amiibo. This is on-disc DLC. It doesn't matter whether or not this is bonus content, it still sucks you need a toy to unlock it.

And I seriously doubt this dungeon will have any story. It probably won't even be a big one.

Also, I've never wanted amiibo to do more. Quite the opposite is what I've been wanting.

It's also $20 cheaper and has all the content from the original game. Also we still don't know if this posting is even accurate or not

10 minutes ago, Marcello said:

Why would you want them to do less

You might as well just buy one of the $5 action figures since if they don't do anything, they're just overpriced toys. :V

But this isn't the amiibo thread so I'll drop that here. Personally I think it's pretty cool, if true. I doubt it has anything to do with the story but it could be fun nonetheless.

• Thumbs Up 3

13 minutes ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

It's also $20 cheaper and has all the content from the original game. Also we still don't know if this posting is even accurate or not

This doesn't refute what I said, though.

7 minutes ago, Christmas Idol Luka said:

Why would you want them to do less

You might as well just buy one of the $5 action figures since if they don't do anything, they're just overpriced toys. :V

But this isn't the amiibo thread so I'll drop that here. Personally I think it's pretty cool, if true. I doubt it has anything to do with the story but it could be fun nonetheless.

I don't want amiibo figures. I do want the content they're locking away.

• Thumbs Up 6

Also, here in the US at least, we can't really complain either way because we're getting the amiibo pack in as our only release at the moment, and it's everywhere and easily available, however in EU while that might be your special edition, you guys have the option of buying it seperately. Here at least, it's the only release, and it's going to be super duper common.

Also, here in the US at least, we can't really complain either way because we're getting the amiibo pack in as our only release at the moment, and it's everywhere and easily available, however in EU while that might be your special edition, you guys have the option of buying it seperately. Here at least, it's the only release, and it's going to be super duper common.

2 hours ago, Marcello said:

This doesn't refute what I said, though.

I don't want amiibo figures. I do want the content they're locking away.

Oh, I understand, my bad.

Well, hopefully they give non-amiibo collectors an alternative way to get it.

1 hour ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

Again, that still doesn't really refute the general point Marcello and I was making. Regardless whether US buyers has multiple options of buying the game or not, we don't like the idea of amiibo being used to exclusively lock away extra game content.

• Thumbs Up 2

A dungeon does seem like way too big a thing to lock behind the amiibo even though I plan to get it and thus won't be affected.

At least, if they give no option to get it any other way.

To be honest I never know what to think of Amiibo.  The concept is fine in games like Disney Infinity and Skylanders coz that's the whole point, the game is about the figures.  You don't get into one of these games and then get angry that content is locked behind physical merchandise, you know from the start that that is the whole point of the game.

Meanwhile Nintendo have just begun to blanket apply this product idea to all their franchises, new and old, whether you like it or not.  The result is amiibo fans complaining when amiibos unlock nothing of values, and amiibo dislikers/people who have more sense than disposable income complaining when stuff that in past generations would have just been part of the game are now arbitrarily kept from them, with the extra teasing knowledge that, in order for the concept of instant unlocking upon amiibo touch to work, said content is there and ready to go on the physical disc in their hands.

• Thumbs Up 5

Nintendo still haven't really sussed yet the best way to integrate amiibo into a lot of their games.  Thie better scenarios for TPHD might be either that the Twilight Cave is something really dependent on the amiibo gimmick - given that they're talking about writing data to it to carry over to Zelda U - or it's the usual proposition of the amiibo unlocking early something that you'd otherwise have to work for.

They also said the figure carries something over from TPHD to the new Zelda.

What if that something is located in the dungeon? That's a pretty weak justification but it would at least make some amount of sense. Not a fan of this practice but they really need to strike a balance with amiibo functionality. 

I mean it's not an issue at least in North America where you literally can't buy the game without the amiibo. Is that the same with Japan?

(I know it's not with Europe)

I have to admit I would be down with some sort of meta thing where you find a statue that resembles the TP Amiibo and you find out it has special powers to transfer whatever it is to another time/world.

Would feel like a nice bit of fun in the same way that the Stone of Agony looked like a Rumble Pak made out of rock in the N64 version.

• Thumbs Up 4

3 hours ago, JezMM said:

I have to admit I would be down with some sort of meta thing where you find a statue that resembles the TP Amiibo and you find out it has special powers to transfer whatever it is to another time/world.

Would feel like a nice bit of fun in the same way that the Stone of Agony looked like a Rumble Pak made out of rock in the N64 version.

Or the Tingle Tuner, which was basically a GBA with GCN connecter, in Wind Waker SD.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 14/01/2016 at 9:39 AM, FFWF said:

Does this mean we'll finally be able to afford 10 Arrows from that shop without needing to convert it into a Malo Mart first? Haha.

Okay, they'll probably end up increasing the price of them anyway but it'd still be pretty funny to be able to do that.

Okay so the Wolf Link Amiibo doesn't unlock a dungeon but rather a battle arena where you fight through waves, kind of like the cave where you fight and survive through all the different floors to find the Great Fairy.

15 minutes ago, sonicgirl313 said:

Okay so the Wolf Link Amiibo doesn't unlock a dungeon but rather a battle arena where you fight through waves, kind of like the cave where you fight and survive through all the different floors to find the Great Fairy.

It is that dungeon, just a modified version with different enemies and wolf link only

Do you care to explain in what way? Other than the Wolf Link amiibo, the other ones serve next to no purpose and are still best used for a Figure Fighter in Smash Bros.

It should be said the Wolf Link amiibo comes with the game in North America, you can't buy the game without it coming with. I'd see it being a thing if you had to buy it separately.

• Thumbs Up 2

53 minutes ago, Conando said:

Do you care to explain in what way? Other than the Wolf Link amiibo, the other ones serve next to no purpose and are still best used for a Figure Fighter in Smash Bros.

It should be said the Wolf Link amiibo comes with the game in North America, you can't buy the game without it coming with. I'd see it being a thing if you had to buy it separately.

So then if you don't live in America, the idea that Nintendo is using the game to push sales of amiibo (by tying content and future stuff with the future Zelda game to it) is understandable.