Awoo.

Anything you want from the franchise that'd never realistically happen?

Writer's Blah

Every fanboy and fangirl has dreams for their franchise, and those dreams are always inevitably crushed when they realize companies don't cater to you specifically; they cater to an audience. That's how they make money. And there's nothing wrong with making money; it's what every business should set out to do. But just to entertain my own morbid curiosity, what are some things you wish SEGA would do for the Sonic franchise that you know would never realistically happen?

Seeing as though I'm starting this topic, I suppose I'll start. Now, I'm a huge character guy. I love Sonic's extended cast, but I've seen the pratfalls that come about when SEGA tries to cram all of them in at once (looking at you, Heroes and 06) and that's obviously not the best solution. So what would I like to see to get the most out of our characters without having them bog down current games? Well, a couple of years back, SEGA's animation studio released a little feature called "Sonic: Night of the Werehog." It was a short, but beautifully clever animation featuring Sonic and Chip's escapades in a haunted mansion. It's also been the only feature to be produced by SEGA, in-house (not including that short animation included in Sonic Jam), which led me to question why weren't more ever made? And gosh, had they taken off, there's a ton of stuff that could've been done with them.

Like, take something from the franchise that's never gotten a whole lot of clarity. One of the biggest arguments towards SA2's story is that so much of it hinges on Shadow's grief for Maria and Gerald. He bases all of his revenge against humanity out of the loss he's gone through. However, we were never actually there to experience that loss. Why should we honestly care about Shadow's revenge plot if we can't empathize with him properly? The concept's too narratively complex to be made into a proper game, but I imagine it'd work great as a short film. Shadow's single week of normalcy aboard the ARK, how he bonds with Maria and the other scientists in his first week of life would probably breathe a lot of life into the character and perhaps make his angsty personality seem more human; the image of being able to see Shadow genuinely happy for once is something I'd love to see, but I know would never happen realistically. Stuff like this could be done to elaborate on Blaze and Marine's relationship, give Silver a bit more depth and characterization after 06 left a bad taste in everyone's mouth, Rouge's escapades with GUN and her conflicting lust for thievery and treasure hunting, heck, something as simple as a day in Knuckles' life guarding the Master Emerald sounds like it'd be a joy to watch.

But anyway, that's just me. Maybe I'm stupid. What would you guys like to see happen that, realistically, probably won't?

• Thumbs Up 5

A celebration game for Sonic where you can mix and match all of Sonics powers and use them to defeat McNosehair.

A game with just Sonic fighting villains by himself. No side characters just Sonic using his wit and strength. 

Sonic have the ablity to speak a second lanuage. 

• Thumbs Up 3

I meant in a 3D game if your repond to me. A 3D story game with Sonic being challenged and he picks himself up using his wits, smarts and strength. A game where Sonic can break down himself but he finds a way to beat the villian. Without help. that would be so amazing you dont know. Make it happen! 

Also a game where Sonic is a ninja would be nice

I meant in a 3D game if your repond to me. A 3D story game with Sonic being challenged and he picks himself up using his wits, smarts and strength. A game where Sonic can break down himself but he finds a way to beat the villian. Without help. that would be so amazing you dont know. Make it happen! 

Also a game where Sonic is a ninja would be nice

If Espio's in it, count me in.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sonic '06 remake which is as polished as Sonic Unleashed, but has the controls of Generations.

Oh and a game centered around Silver, who he is, how he found out about his psychokinesis etc.

Edited by Haalyle
  • Thumbs Up 4

A good game.

Other than that, a game like Sonic Unleashed with more open world elements and no slapped on gimmick (like werehog or classic sonic) or a Tails centered game.

• Thumbs Up 5

A game starring Silver the Hedgehog, like Shadow's game, but for Silver. I legitimately adored Shadow's game, and had so much fun with the choices type gameplay, I would much enjoy seeing Silver have a similar gimmick if he ever had his own game! Maybe not a 'hero or villain' type choice, but something fitting to his character.

Same goes for Tails, honestly. Maybe like a prequel game from Tails when he was still getting to know Sonic, and learning throughout the game to be faster, spindash, run using his tails? I'm bad at explaining, but just something neat.

I forgot Night of the Werehog existed, and I wish there were more mini-movies that elaborated on small things, or just had some fun!

• Thumbs Up 2

Sonic '06 completely remastered, a game dedicated to Silver's storyline, and Sonic Adventure 3 (because I've about given up hope). Those aren't too bad, right?

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh here's a good one: Professor Pickle as a recurring character or a Unleashed 2 so he'll have more time to shine.

He's the main character. It's the adventure of finding the missing cucumber sandwiches.

• Thumbs Up 8

I really wish that Sonic games come packaged with a full modkit, but then i realize that Sonic Team's a Japanese dev team and cry on the floor.

Other than that though, I'd love a First Person Sonic game (Tribes without guns and jetpacks basically).

• Thumbs Up 1

What about Professor Pickle replacing Tails as Sonic's sidekick?

I'll show myself out...

Nah uh! Professor Pickle would have cucumber sandwiches as his sidekick... once he find them. (This is like... a fanfiction I'm making up on the spot).

• Thumbs Up 1

WHERE DO I EVEN START!? Sonic Adventure 3 (bite me),Sonic Heroes 2( please don't kill me), Sonic Riders 4, Ian Flynn being the new writer for the games, old forgotten characters such as Nack and Bean returning to the series, The Babylon Rouges making their way to the main series, a better sequel to Chronicles, a tv show based off the Archieverse (reboot), A console MMORPG XenoVerse type game, Chao Gardens, and a Big/Chaotix spin off game. ( No I'm dead serious )

Hey let a guy dream. <_<

Edited by Dan-Dude
  • Thumbs Up 5

Oh BOY don't I have a list for you...

-The extended cast making relevant appearances and becoming playable again (until those "professional" critics and large section of the gaming community shut up, this is very unlikely).

-The extended cast getting their own spin-off games so they can have their own adventures and limelight to shine in (a big thank you to ShtH for making that an impossibility).

-An RPG spin-off series of good quality (Chronicles was a complete waste of potential and its overall failure made sure an RPG game never happens again).

-A racing game series akin to Sonic R (in that you are racing on foot) with all the characters introduced in the franchise in the past (or a new Riders game, whichever is preferable yet unlikely).

-A new fighting game series akin to Sonic Battle but without sprites and, again, all the current characters are playable (or even less realistically, a game that is pretty much Smash Bros. but for Sonic).

-A Sonic ARTS/MOBA (Not actually serious about this one but it sounds like a fun idea. Sadly there aren't enough characters to fulfill a suitable roster and these kinds of games typically have INCREDIBLY toxic player bases. As if we need more of that in the Sonic community :lol: ).

-Remakes for the "Dreamcast Era" games (Adventure 1&2 and Heroes) on the level of Pokemon ORAS.

-Retired characters (Fang/Nack, Mighty, Emerl/Gemerl, etc.) returning to the franchise.

-Cream the Rabbit officially becoming part of the main cast (Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy) and being handled competently (I don't care what anyone says! Cream was made to be Amy's sidekick and was frequently alongside the main cast in the games before 2005 and Sonic X! She has good potential to be truly something and all she needs is to be utilized more frequently in a favorable way).

-And finally (unless I think of more), Chao Gardens returning.

I just realized that most of my list is basically spin-offs of various genres...

• Thumbs Up 3

A good 3D Sonic game. One that's actually built on the mechanics of the Genesis Sonics.

A good 2D Sonic game. One that's actually built on the mechanics of the Genesis Sonics.

...that's all.

• Thumbs Up 7

-A new fighting game series akin to Sonic Battle but without sprites and, again, all the current characters are playable (or even less realistically, a game that is pretty much Smash Bros. but for Sonic).

-Remakes for the "Dreamcast Era" games (Adventure 1&2 and Heroes) on the level of Pokemon ORAS/Metroid 0 Mission/REmake/Yakuza Kiwami

Why does everyone who's asking for a Sonic fighting-game spin-off always wants it as a Smash clone ? A Smash clone doesn't fit Sonic because Smash is all about careful footsies (ie carefully controlling your position) and Sonic is really bad at footsies, personally it would be better as a Anarchy Reigns clone but with less combos and more chasing through momentum control (basically Sonic Battle 3D).

Edited by NoirSuede

I'd love a Sonic Battle 2 instead, provided it still had a great story. It was the second Sonic game I ever played and my favorite portable one to this day, :>

A sequel to Sonic Adventure. Which is GOOD.

Or any Sonic game that is based on the older (before 2013) Sonic games, which contains a story too.

A new chao garden. NOT that pathetic excuse for one in Sonic Chronicles, a proper one. Even if it was just a standalone game, I'd be more than happy.

Also a new Sonic Fighting game, something in the vein of Dead or Alive or even Digimon Rumble Arena but with every character, old and new.

Oh and a game (properly) based in the Archie universe, that would be pretty sweet.

Also a game with Uncle Chuck (of SATAM and Archie comics fame) in it as a plot centered helper, basically playing a Professor Pickle type role. (owait, they paired the two in the Archie comics. My idea still stands though)

Lastly for Sonic Xtreme and that SATAM game concept to actually be completed and made, respectively, and released in some shape or form officially.

Edited by kamifox1
  • Thumbs Up 1