Awoo.

The Pokemon GO Thread: Coming to iOS and Android 2016

Inkling Cooper

Looks like Pokémon GO has released on both Android and iOS devices as of today, but with those available for Australia so far and slowly getting to other regions. Very excited to see this show up on the app stores https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nianticlabs.pokemongo

https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/pokemon-go/id1094591345?mt=8

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The beta wouldn't even let me log in ever, so I'll be interested to see if the final release actually works. Very intrigued, but can't even be excited currently.

The graphics are simple for a mobile game and yet it routinely crashes and has terrible performance on my iPhone 4S. gg, Niantic.

So far I've gotten Charmander, two Rattata's, and a Eevee. Leveling up Charmander atm. Not a fan of the microtransactions, but they were expected. The materials needed to grow and raise your Pokemon seems a bit ridiculous, but we'll see how things go in the morning 

Few things warm my nerdy lil' heart more than seeing 9/10ths of my co-workers and managers who normally wouldn't give two flips about Pokemon playing Pokemon Go today.

• Thumbs Up 1

Caught a whole lot of Pokemon today. The strongest ones I have so far are a Pinsir and pidgeotto.

So you want Pikachu as your first starter? Well, apparently you can have it:

GameXplain have also posted a starting guide for the game:

Now where's my UK version?

Apparently not any time soon according to one of the guys in charge. 

So, do any of y'all think the Pokemon Go hype will lead to many casual people checking out the mainline handheld games? Because that would be, like, great.

Over half the people that work at my job locations are playing this game, even some of the managers... and it is glorious.

The battling seems weird in this in how it's executed and that it's limited to gyms. Were trading and battling with friends ever stated to be a part of this app, because I kinda hope that they might implement that in the future (and hopefully a friends list)

At least I'm not having issues logging into their servers now

17 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

Apparently not any time soon according to one of the guys in charge. 

According to Serebii

As the launch of Pokémon GO has been hit with various server and login issues, when speaking to Business Insider, Niantic Inc. CEO John Hanke has confirmed that the planned launch rollout of Pokémon GO internationally in countries like the United Kingdom and various other countries in Europe has been paused while the issues are resolved. We'll provide more on this when it comes so keep checking back

I bet this never happened to Ash.

A woman playing Pokemon Go has found a dead body in America.

The augmented reality game, which was released last week, gets people to catch virtual monsters using the person's location on their phone.

Nineteen-year-old Shayla Wiggins, from Wyoming, was told to find a Pokemon in a natural water source but instead found a man's corpse.

"I was walking towards the bridge along the shore when I saw something in the water," she told County 10 news.

"I had to take a second look and I realised it was a body."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/36757858/pokemon-go-player-finds-dead-body-in-wyoming-river-while-searching-for-a-pokestop

Heard about that. Also heard there have been traffic accidents with the cause being this game. I mean I don't play it a ton, but still...damn people are intense 

So how long do you guys think it will be until we get an update with other generations of Pokemon? I don't think it's too far fetched to expect a generation update later on this year.

15 minutes ago, Johnny Boy said:

So how long do you guys think it will be until we get an update with other generations of Pokemon? I don't think it's too far fetched to expect a generation update later on this year.

I hope soon, but I also hope they fix the whole "Pokemon appearing in places with high mobile phone usage rather than around paths" thing they have. The Ingress model isn't going to work with Pokemon when the idea of Pokemon is to catch them in the wild away from people, not have 10+ of them appear in a supermarket/shopping centre.

How many Pokemon are able to be caught, just the first 150? Because I'm seeing 250 unless my eyes are deceiving me due to lack of proper sleep 

I hope they add legendary Pokemon too... Because it would be kinda lame not too IMO, It's not like there needs to be only 1 of each of them to be realistic or some such nonsense, they just need to be extremely rare while still possible for everybody.

I kinda expected this app to explode with popularity when it came out, but it still makes me giddy that every other person that I come across is a Pokemon GO player

It's great when I can talk about Pokemon stuff to almost all my coworkers and they know what I mean.

9 hours ago, Johnny Boy said:

I kinda hope we get battling and (at the very least) trading with friends / people near by sooner, some people are just lucky in finding certain species apparently... a friends list would have been nice as well

7 hours ago, Mogtaki said:

Somebody made a chart if anything of what's been seen so far.

Hide contents

fAgrDoh.jpg

Am I the only one who thinks its weird that Eevee is very common? :S

Actually loving it so far, I haven't been this excited about catching Pokemon since I was a kid. I guess that's what having them generate from real world locations will do to ya. I can't say I really cared for the AR mode, though. As cool as it is to see that Bulbasaur in the garden, catching them is a pain in the ass with it activated.

13 hours ago, Mogtaki said:

Somebody made a chart if anything of what's been seen so far.

Reveal hidden contents

fAgrDoh.jpg

Ok I can say from experience that speedos is extremely common.

49 minutes ago, Johnny Boy said:

Ok I can say from experience that speedos is extremely common.

Mk5AkH0.jpg

New Pokémon confirmed!?