Awoo.

The "Name Something That You Actually Enjoyed About Sonic Recently" Topic

Tara

Today I had great luck in the Sonic 3 & Knuckles slot machine bonus stage! I got the Jackpot (100 rings) twice. ^^

• Thumbs Up 6

Maybe not so recent but realized it's pretty much been with me my whole life and I'm perfectly okay with that.

Also, Sonic Adventure was my first game on dreamcast and my entryway into next gen at the time even if I didn't know what gens were, simpler times.

On 6/9/2016 at 1:04 AM, Zaysho said:

There was a funny glitch that occurred though: as I said, I played Sonic only, so Tails is SUPPOSED to only show up during the Marble Garden boss. Imagine my surprise when he comes flying out of nowhere when I finish the Carnival Night miniboss and starts tagging along! Of course, then I screwed up and died, and he wasn't there anymore, so I have no idea if he would've continued along for the rest of the playthrough if I cleared the level with him behind Sonic. I have no idea what triggered that, but it made me laugh.

0:50 - 1:34. You must've jumped from Tails' hands at the start of Act 1 and caused it--unless there's other ways to get that glitch?

That series of Glitches and Oversights in 3&K is a lot of fun, by the way. For one of the best games in the series, it's surprising how many weird things can possibly happen by doing the smallest things. Of course, most of these glitches aren't likely on an average playthrough, so it's not surprising a majority of them are new to me.

• Thumbs Up 2

i finally got to play as shadow in sonic and the black knight

seriously we need moar shadow

• Thumbs Up 1

There's been very little of it because so much of both the Sonic community and everyone else runs on longstanding and seemingly unshakable memes about the series's "badness". So many other factors play into and out of this to the point where, sometimes, it becomes miserable to even think about talking about this series with other human beings.

I'm trying my best to enjoy myself despite it all. The best I've been able to hope for is playing the games myself and learning interesting new things about them that I didn't know previously. Maybe one day I can put any of this research to use.

I actually left the forums some time ago because of the negativity issue, and that was before Sonic Boom lol. Came back today to see what's up and I must say, this thread makes me incredibly happy.

I have many things about Sonic making me happy right this moment, as I'm on one of my "Sonic kicks." That is to say, every once in awhile I just become obsessed with Sonic again and start replaying a bunch of stuff, rewatching the shows, and reading the comics. I suppose the most recent thing that made me very happy was getting the Platinum Trophy in Sonic Generations. I had already gotten every achievement on the 360 version and decided to do it again on PS3. Currently working on Unleashed. While I miss having all the other Sonic characters around, these were beautiful games and I hope we get a new game that is as beautiful as the opening cutscene for Unleashed in the near future; holds up incredibly well.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

So here I am to say that even though I am aware that are noted issues that people have with tonight's announcements, I'm really happy to see so many people looking forward to something and actually showing even slight amounts of optimism.  Really makes my day.  Here's hoping this trend continues!

• Thumbs Up 5

I successfully copied my friendly rival's technique for tons of points in Lava Reef 1, so I got  OVER 900,000!!! points in one life by the time over. The trick takes practice and it's repetitive, but with this, I just might max the score on 5 lives with no Launch Base alarms.

I'm very excited for Mania having 32X-like graphics, as I love the graphics in Knuckles' Chaotix. Even now, over 21 years later, those colors blow my mind.

As much as most did not like Maddie Blaustein as Omega, she was still better than Gamma in the anime. Besides, she's a heroine to me.

• Thumbs Up 3

There was a bad thunderstorm today and our power went out for a few hours. I decided to get my 3DS and try playing something to pass the time. I didn't have a game in mind so I figured I'd just play any random game I had saved onto my 3DS since I wasn't feeling Pokemon today. Anyways, my 3DS' battery was running low before I could even get anything started, so I switched to my old DSi which luckily was running on full battery power. While looking through my old collection of DS games, I decided to go with Sonic Rush Adventure. I've always been a huge fan of both Rush games but it's been quite a long time since I've given either one another quick run through.

I had forgotten just how much fun it was and how addicting it is to go so fast. It makes me wish that SEGA would've pumped out one last Rush game just for me. It would have been a much better use of resources then those poor man's (poor men...?) version of the console titles.

(Colors DS does not count :angry:)

Either way, it has me way more excited for Sonic 2017 then I was before, since it seems like it's going to be another boost game. I've always been a fan of boosting, but like most everyone else, I've felt that it could get old and I'd be done with it far too quickly. After some time Generations grew to be so boring to me so after the initial hype of the trailer of 2017, I was sadly feeling sort of 'meh' about it. I was truly in love with Sonic Unleashed... but since the death of my PS3 I haven't been able to play it again, much to my chagrin... And so I kind of forgot how strongly I felt about the thrill ride that are these games. My only hope is that 2017 is larger and more open ended then Generations was.

So yeah in short, I love Rush Adventure even more than I did before, which was already a lot. And it's got me more hype for Sonic 2017. =)

• Thumbs Up 2

So I was watching some Sonic 2 speed runs just for the hell of it for maybe like a day or two before Mania was announced. I'm not sure how closely Taxman and the gang follows the speed run scene and if it's just coincidence on how it functions, but seeing that new drop dash ability happen for the first time was what had me really hyped.

It's like a significantly less cumbersome, accessible version of a perfect spin dash technique. For me personally, coming off of a lot of games where a technique or exploit would go unheard of, forgotten or even be spitefully removed by the devs, I'm just really glad to see something like that recognized and even embraced for a change.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Studiopolis Zone music. What a funky tune! It's absurdly difficult to get tired of it. Can't wait to hear it while I'm playing the game!~

• Thumbs Up 8

I enjoyed packing my things for Summer of Sonic. I cleaned the stuff I intend to get signed at the signing booth to make them look as good as I can.

Also the Sonic Social Media continues to be dank.

• Thumbs Up 2

Today I was playing Marble Garden Zone and for the most part was doing a rather horrific job, dying multiple times from stupid things out of carelessness...only to surprise myself by defeating the Act 2 boss, one that I used to struggle with, very easily. It's a good feeling!

Today I realized how much I actually enjoy S3&K, Until Today I didn't give it the time of day, so after setting aside a few hours to play it makes me finally understand why its one of the all time greats. 10/10 would play again.

• Thumbs Up 2

So today I discovered that Right Said Fred did a single for the release of Sonic 3 in the UK

How did I ever live without this

• Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, Ayliffe said:

So today I discovered that Right Said Fred did a single for the release of Sonic 3 in the UK

How did I ever live without this

Curse you! now i have that song in my head again! XD

For me i actually started playing Generations 3DS for the first time since it was released back in 2011. back then i remember not enjoying as much as it's HD counterpart, which is understandable but now after playing through it again i really enjoy it! it's quite impressive what dimps did in 8 months of development time! Mushroom Hill Zone looks absolutly gorgeous, same thing with Emerald Coast and they actually fixed the Sonic Heroes Special Stage!! which i absolutly loved! it was really fun to play!

I recently picked up Sonic Battle from a retro game shop in Toronto and I've been really digging the unique art style and character interactions. The art style gives the Sonic cast an indescribable level of uniqueness to them on the same level as the first Sonic Riders' art style. The character interactions are some of the best personally for me in the series. I'd imagine the dialogue would be something like Battle if a cartoon more based around the game universe was made; that would instantly bump it to #1 of favourite Sonic cartoons if one existed. Maybe a Sonic anime in the style of Sonic Battle or Riders.... Only in my dreams, that's for sure.

My mom always has a party for the Olympics opening ceremony, and usually we boot up our Wii so any kids who come over can play Mario & Sonic (though we only have the first and second ones, so it won't actually be for the current Olympics xD). I wasn't there due to having to work, so my younger sister was in charge of that. Well, as it turns out, the Wii was refusing to play Wii games, so playing a game that actually had to do with the Olympics wasn't an option - it was either a GameCube game or nothing. Well, the best game my sister could think of was...Sonic R. Yeahhhhh so we don't have a great video game collection x) But, when I did finally get home and got to see what they were doing, I saw that they were enjoying themselves, and frankly it was rather endearing. They thought it was so weird that Tails had two tails, and the girl playing him was excited by his flying ability. They were all doing terribly, actually, but they were only playing against each other, so there wasn't actually a problem xD

• Thumbs Up 4

I'd have to say attending Summer of Sonic, so basically getting to play Studiopolis and meeting Crush 40 and other special guests. It was my first convention/concert/sonic event all in one so it was a great experience for me.

• 1 month later...

Today, I found my copy of Sonic Rush Adventure after it'd been lost for so long!! It turns out it was actually with the other video games but in a box that had another box on top of it so I didn't know where it was...xD Kind of a lame place to "lose" it, but it didn't matter, I was absolutely thrilled to find it again anyway. I just finished the final boss on a non-Emeralds run, Ghost Titan (the boss of Big Swell), and I found it to be an extraordinarily fun one, with so many interesting attack methods and awesome music too. Not exactly hard, but it was still super satisfying to play, and considering my gaming skills (especially when it comes to bosses), easy is probably best :P

Now to get all the emeralds I guess xD

• Thumbs Up 4

Yesterday, I decided to try reading the Sonic Dash and Spin manga. I didn't expect much of it considering that it seemed to be a small childrens manga, but it's actually really fun to read through! It was actually pretty funny and I really enjoyed it. The characterisation was pretty good and reminded me why I like Sonic so much.  I'm sad that it ended only after one volume, but I also started Sonic the Comic (the British Fleetway comic series) right after, and it is also  a really nice read. Sonic and Tails' personality is quite different. Sonic was more akin to the grumpy, mean/sarcastic Sonic in Sonic OVA and Sonic Boom. Even so, I still found Sonic to have pretty good characterisation (and still very likeable), and I found Sonic and Robotniks backstory to be pretty good. I think it's a pretty good comic series, and I'm glad it's being kept somewhat active with the online comic releases. Really looking forward to reading more. 

I never expected the various graphic novels to be so fun and enjoyable. There is so much to be positive and happy for in the Sonic franchise.

• Thumbs Up 2

Over the last few days, I've played Sonic 2. I used to hate the game when I was younger, having always preferred 3 & Knuckles and being never able to get past Metropolis Zone. I can now see why it's considered along with SA2 to be the best game in the franchise. Really want to play it again now! 

Also got the First4Figures Modern Sonic statue in the mail lately, 12-year old me adored that statue when it came out but, years later with a job that dream finally comes true!

• Thumbs Up 1

The Sonic the Hedge Dog series was really fun while it lasted. Too bad they didn't showcase Blaze the Actual Cat...

CATERKILLER RECEPTION COMITTEE! Why hasn't that caught on? 

And spriting Sonic characters and stuff is pretty fun to do. Along with collecting extant sprites.

Recently I decided to replay Sonic Unleashed from start to finish after debating about it and...yeeeeeah it might be my favourite Sonic game now. It truly felt like a grand adventure with amazing visuals, music, scale and probably the best story. Hell, I even enjoyed the Werehog levels. It has certainly rekindled my love of Sonic. 

• Thumbs Up 4