Awoo.

Star vs. the Forces of Evil - The Best Disney Princess

Spin Attaxx

On 11.09.2017 at 6:28 PM, DabigRG said:

Finally bothered to investigate this thread and I see it's barely halfway through one page. 

A good sign, I'm sure.

I love this show, but for some reason don't feel like talking about it that much. Maybe because it's one of those 'whimsy/drug' cartoons like Adventure Time that are just hard to criticize.

(Also, I'm really trying to avoid any spoilers)

But if you wanna know what I really love about the show it's the main leads. It's incredible how they made lead that is both princess with dresses, unicorns and rainbows, and crazy ass-kicking rule-breaking rebel, and that contrast never feels 'in your face' it's perfectly natural. She's far from a role model, but she means well, learns from her mistakes and acts like a human being, going trough many thinks normal teens go through. And Marco is perfect foil to her, more grounded to keep her in line but never grumpy Squidworth-like  "Ooo, Star stop having fun" type.They contrast and complement each other. (Also, i strangely love how Star talks. I chuckle thinking how dated-this will be one day).

Other than that animation is super smooth, stories bizarre and imaginative and no matter how goofy tone can be, all serious moments work really well. It's not without it's flaws, there are episodes I swear were written one line at the time, with no arc, purpouse, logic, using "whimsy/drug show" premise as a excuse for lazy writing, rather then tool for creative story telling ( "Pixtopia" or "The Banagic Incident"  and especially "Goblin Dogs" come to mind)

Is there any way to legally stream this online? Like, every released episode so far, and not just season 1.

• 1 month later...

The show came back today with Scent of a Hoodie and Rest in Pudding

Spoiler

Scent of a Hoodie has Star obsess over Marco's hoodie after he leaves, which leads to her and Ponyhead trying to retrieve from the Royal LaundryKnight.

Rest in Pudding has Star be haunted by silent appirations of Glossaryck and deals with her attempts to make them stop. They stop after she tosses the last bit of the book into the Healing Pool.

• 3 weeks later...

Twas good, curious to see where things go next, although something that was curious to me

Spoiler

Is it just me, or did the doll of Heinous's Dad look kinda like Tom's Mom? could it be part of his family tree.

Also Mina is totally the antagonistic muscle for the rest of the season