Awoo.

Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice

Radiant Hero Ike

Remember that 3DS theme from before that was revealed but wasn't elaborated on when it would be out? That's a Japanese Fire and Ice pre-order as well!

The only thing "Toon" about it is the Boom Sonic render; even the music theme is from Heroes instead. 

• Thumbs Up 4

I want all the exclusive stuff. As soon as I saw that crystal statue I was like 'must get'!

Wish it was more of a separate thing than being with Sonic Toon, but eh, collectors items.

I love the new theme! Any possibilities for an american/european release? I'm getting the 25th anniversary edition but I don't think I can use the theme since 3DS eshops are different between regions...

Speaking of Dfekt...

Have we actually had any new information on him? It seems odd that for what is supposed to be a new main villain we know barely anything nor have we actually seen a lot of him in the game?

Starting to have Rise of Lyric flash backs here. Especially with what Sega were saying about the game during Summer of Sonic.

37 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Speaking of Dfekt...

Have we actually had any new information on him? It seems odd that for what is supposed to be a new main villain we know barely anything nor have we actually seen a lot of him in the game?

Starting to have Rise of Lyric flash backs here. Especially with what Sega were saying about the game during Summer of Sonic.

I haven't heard anything about that. What did they say?

1 hour ago, Mayor D said:

Speaking of Dfekt...

On 8/9/2016 at 10:35 PM, Fusion Fomantis said:

I just noticed something-

Dfekt's design changed! If you look at the promo art when the game was announced in 2015, his arms and fingers were connected, his legs were really small and his head had a slightly different design.

Fast forward to the recent trailer and now he's got legs and feet, (though he's still short) his head had a minor redesign, and his arms and fingers look a lot like Peridots limb enhancers..

The screw on his head changed sides as well!

EDIT: For comparison's sake

latest?cb=20160504003517 

latest?cb=20160722105025

Aside from that, he controls bosses from what we've seen and that's it.

Pretty sure there won't be a gamescom trailer for this game....

52 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

I haven't heard anything about that. What did they say?

Oh thought it would have got out by now since a lot of people heard it.

During SOS there were loads of people waiting in line for Mania and a bunch of SOE reps were close by.

During the intro to the event it was said "We also have Sonic Boom Fire & Ice" and a bunch of the reps laughed, some took the piss a little and I even heard one rep say "All 2 of you will love it!"

Not sure why they were acting like that since from everybody who played the demo seemed to think it was an 'allright' experience.

9 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Oh thought it would have got out by now since a lot of people heard it.

During SOS there were loads of people waiting in line for Mania and a bunch of SOE reps were close by.

During the intro to the event it was said "We also have Sonic Boom Fire & Ice" and a bunch of the reps laughed, some took the piss a little and I even heard one rep say "All 2 of you will love it!"

Not sure why they were acting like that since from everybody who played the demo seemed to think it was an 'allright' experience.

Well I'm pretty sure they were just joking but to be honest, it's going to be obvious people are going to try out Mania first because well; it's the game that has the bigger appeal than Fire & ice. The Boom games haven't done a good impression with Rise of Lyric and to a smaller extent, Shattered Crystal. 

I'm not surprised nor upset and I'm probably the person who's the most excited for this game.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know if I should spend the 165 bucks on getting Sonic Toon: Fire & Ice just for the extra bonuses. I mean, of course they'd probably cost quite a lot separately if it's rare type of thing. But damn, it looks so good. I really love that crystal Sonic statue. And then I think how I'd just have a useless copy of Sonic Toon... I suppose I could sell that, I guess.

But in order to play it, I'm also thinking of just pre-ordering it at EB Games and I'm just so conflicted. I want that stuff all so badly.

Am I the only one who finds the Fire symbols on the ice and the Ice symbols on the water really unnecessary?

Like, if it was the first level, it'd be fine, since it would instruct first-time players on how the mechanics work, but after that, I'm pretty sure players would know when to switch to fire or ice. It just comes off as really hand-holding, and it gives the impression that the developers think their target audience are idiots. It's like the signs in Heroes and Sonic 4: Ep. II. It's not really a puzzle if the game tells you what you need to do.

• Thumbs Up 5

So one of the weird looking rings we saw in one of the screenshots was apparently a Dragon Ring.

The way it's collected kinda reminds me of the way some of the special coins are collected in the Super Mario Bros games. You break a capsule in the tunnel/adventure stage and you'll have to find 8 of these rings fast.

The design is really cool though!

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/sonic/images/c/c9/Bg.gif/revision/latest?cb=20160822195544

• Thumbs Up 1

Ehhh, it's just showing skills of Sonic and Amy, Sonic can jump higher than others and has an air dash, while Amy can break things and change the terrain with the Piko hammer. They even put the logo on where to use the hammer so that also makes things slightly easy.

Ugh, the level design looks almost identical to Shattered Crystal.  Like, literally no different.  I wish they would stop being so cryptic as to what has supposedly improved in this game.

3 hours ago, Operationgamer17 said:

Two new trailers. 

https://t.co/bH7h2OY7HJ

Also, the music in this trailer is really catchy.  Any chance we'll actually hear it in the final game or is it (yet another) track that was used as a placeholder while the actual game contains very dull and substandard music?

18 minutes ago, Tara said:

Ugh, the level design looks almost identical to Shattered Crystal.  Like, literally no different.  I wish they would stop being so cryptic as to what has supposedly improved in this game.

Also, the music in this trailer is really catchy.  Any chance we'll actually hear it in the final game or is it (yet another) track that was used as a placeholder while the actual game contains very dull and substandard music?

It might be in the final game. It sounds like something you'd hear in it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I played like 5 minutes of it before becoming engrossed with Crush 40 and the rest of the cool stuff happening on stage at the 25th party.

It was kinda fun. You can boost with the fire power which was nice. I didn't like having to switch to Tails repeatedly to use fans, though. Slows things down too much.

I only have the demo of SC to compare it to, but I didn't mind it. Not gonna be a day one buy... Maybe when I have extra money.

57 minutes ago, Tara said:

The music used in those trailers definitely sounds like something Jacques would make so I'd say there's a good chance that it's going to be used in the game.

If Sonic Boom were to be on consoles in the future, I'd rather have the next console game developed by Krome Studios or Insomniac Games. They are both western developers and if one of those developers does a game or two, they can give Sega more freedom and they can do it WAY better than BRB. Both developers reserve rights to delay the game to have a good quality. 

Wasn't it Sega's unreasonable demands that made Rise of Lyric such a pain to work on?  Like, BRB wasn't the most well organized studio as is, but Sega making demands that hindered development progress and damaged already developed parts (think it was Sega that demanded RoL work off an engine that doesn't exactly work on the Wii U).  I don't think that kind of mismanagement mess would change, even with a top-tier development team from a well-known and well-received studio.  Sega still owns the character, and as long as that's the case, they have final say in the quality of the product.

• Thumbs Up 2