Awoo.

Nintendo @ E3 2015

Hero of Legend

Nintendo won E3 last year but...I don't think they'll repeat that win this time. I'm majorly disappointed right now, Goddamn.

M&L Paper Jam is looking good though! And Starfox Zero. HAR.

• Thumbs Up 2

That was okay. The tributes to Mario at the end was really heartwarming. I hope I can convince my best friend who just got a 3DS to get Triforce Heroes. We have such a blast in co-op games.

So coming into this, I was thinking no one's really had a bad E3.

I honestly didn't expect Nintendo to be the stinker this year, such a damn shame.

*flips papers*

The ball was on your court Nintendo and YOU DROPPED IT.

Might as well name this The Amiibo Mario Maker Digital Event. Terrible, awful conference. At least Ubisoft made me laugh with Jason Derulo.

Very disappointing conference. With just 51 minutes of run time, it was littered with unnecessary developer stories that felt like complete filler and games that barely captured my interest. Star Fox Mario and Luigi, 3DS Zelda had good reveals and Fire Emblem/Xenoblade were nice to see, but it was just a damn mess. I don't even mind the muppet sketches since they're funny, but christ. 

I expected better from these guys, they're usually so consistent.

Well, on the plus side, they actually announced some new 3DS games this year, unlike last year.

I feel really bad for saying this, especially after that charming Mario tribute at the end but...Nintendo, you lost. .___. Most of it was boring, there were only two or three NEW games that really interested me (Starfox Zero and Mario & Luigi Paper Jam were big stand outs for me) and it didn't feature any big Megaton surprises that I was SO looking forward to!

The Metroid game looks like some kind of meh spin off on 3DS and OMFG the animu in SMTxFE is shocking! Nobody told me it was gonna be so much like Persona and less like the darker and more serious Shin Megami Tensei. Fire Emblem Fates and Xenoblade X look awesome as always and it's good to see a release date for the latter but other than that...damn, Nintendo definitely didn't win this year.

Also, WHERE THE HELL WERE RETRO AND NEXT LEVEL?

• Thumbs Up 1

Such a crying shame. I went in not expecting much yet I am sorely disappointed. It's better for my wallet I guess. But wow. Pointless information on things we already knew about uninteresting developer stories. Yes I'm looking at you women who made the yarn yoshi amiibos. 

I was expecting a DK game after seeing the iwata puppet holding bananas. but nope.

The only game that I got interested in was Mario and Luigi Paper Jam.  I really trust AlphaDream and the footage looked amazing. So that is a game I can't wait for. To bad its next yrs game. there is nothing of interest for me this year for 3DS other than Sonic Boom Fire and Ice. And honestly I'm not jumping out of my seat for that one too much.

This makes me think that they are giving up on both consoles and setting the stage for next year's NX reveal. and Honestly at this rate it wouldn't surprise me if NX launches next year after what I saw for this Digital Event.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well that blew.

Star Fox Zero was cool. I seriously hope Gyro aiming is optional. That could kill the game for me.

Triforce Heroes looked fun, but nothing special.

Paper Jam was a cool idea. Hopefully less tutorials than past games.

Heh. And everyone thought this would be where Nintendo wins.

The entire thing was like one massive fucking joke from Nintendo. A kick and a spit to the face. You wanted Zelda U!? HAVE FOUR SWORDS 3!, You wanted Animal Crossing U!? HAVE AMIIBO PARTY AND ANOTHER 3DS GAME WHERE YOU DON'T EVEN GET TO BE MAYOR! You wanted a Metroid game following up on Samus' adventures on Wii U/3DS? NOPE, HAVE A BORING PRIME SPINOFF WITH A LACKLUSTER FOOTBALL GAME INCLUDED! 

The only good things were Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (I'm a big fan of both series), Star Fox Zero (Which is looking good might I add), and the Fire Emblem/Xenoblade games looking good, despite me not having played the series before.

In total. This was a fucking embarrassment. No If ands or buts. Even the little Mario tribute at the end was ruined due to long length and just the overall boredom from the entire thing.

In total, this was a spit in the faces of Nintendo fans. Fake outs and stupid crap all around. Most of these games are like the fake ones you'd see on the internet from assholes trying to fake out Nintendo fans. ''THE NEXT METROID GAME IS GOING TO BE FOOTBALL/SHOOTER HAHA''. ''ANIMAL CROSSING ON WII U IS GOING TO JUST BE A PARTY GAME FEATURING OVERPRICED FIGURES HAHA''.

Sony won. Hands fucking down. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Nintendo told us well in advance what to expect and you guys still overhyped things. You guys have nobody to blame but yourselves.

I wasn't really expecting any bombs, but I think Star Fox Zero and Paper Jam was enough for me, really.

• Thumbs Up 4

am so sad, this digital was mediocre god. good for star fox i guessing but overall Sony pretty much drop the bomb.

This Star Fox Zero gameplay is amazing *tears of joy*

I never thought I'd utter these words but Starfox was the most hype thing shown from Nintendo's E3.

• Thumbs Up 1

Paper Mario & Luigi was the only interesting part of this presentation. Everything else ranged from "It's okay" to "shit." SMT X FE still looks awful, Metroid is still dead, Star Fox & Zelda looked alright but mediocre, Hyrule Warriors might have been a ecent announcement if it hadn't been leaked, Mario Maker & Yoshi are always nice but basically nothing new was actually announced about them. Why the fuck did they keep Zelda U out of this? One of their most anticipated titles right now and we still know next to nothing about it.

More FE is always welcome I guess

I'm expecting some stuff has been held back for the Treehouse streams, just to keep things interesting.

Though for the Digital event - sorry Nintendo. You had some good stuff, but EA had both Battlefront and Mirror's Edge that have me really loving them. That was not the Animal Crossing on WiiU people were expecting.

Where is my Mario Strikers, Nintendo? You could have won my heart by showing that game.

People praised Nintendo before for doing a digital event over a staged conference because they thought the digital event will just show games.

Boy they were wrong. Developer stories have no place in the digital event. No one cares, and if they do, can watch it ELSEWHERE.

• Thumbs Up 3

Honestly if Ryu and Roy weren't leaked months ago. That would have been another highlight for this e3 as well.

How much Fire Emblem stuff has been announced this year? This is a great year for FE fans, it seems.

So

+Star Fox looks fun but mediocre

+Zelda looks fun but mediocre

-HW would be cool if it were actually new

-Nothing new about Yoshi

- - - Metroid is dead

+FEF localisation is appreciated, more story stuff, hopes raised slightly for an actually good story

-SmT X FE is awful

-Nothing new about Mario Maker

+Mario Maker at least still looks fun

+++++Paper Mario X Mario & Luigi crossover

tl;dr Nintendo wins E3