Awoo.

Sony @ E3 2015 "I believed!"

Badnik Mechanic

IGN out it best: The lows of Sony's conference were the probably highs for every other conference. Can't believe I'm agreeing with IGN lol.

Sony did very well, exceedingly well. Long-awaited announcements are obviously a big boon, particularly that triumvate of TLG, FFVII Remake and Shemnue 3. Plus, the pacing was mostly quite good. Horizon looked incredible, felt that was the best game on show.

I will say - and I realise that this might be overly cynical - that the excitement caused by the announcements was less down to the games themselves and more the fact that they happened. TLG's demo was uninspiring, FFVII was completely CG, and Shemnue 3 was just a Kickstarter. I think with lesser announcements, Sony may have been ridiculed, but they chose the right ones that it didn't really matter.

EDIT: It will be very interesting to see what Nintendo has in store. If they somehow manage to top this, I'll  be very impressed.

Sony won it for sure because of the HYPE! TLG, FFVII remake and Shenmue 3 were the Megaton trio that helped make this conference so exciting to watch. Some of the games looked great like Horizon and Uncharted 4 (despite Nate just standing there at first XD) and there were others that looked good to decent. No boring bits, no interviews, just one game after the other. So yeah, Sony made my night and also made me consider a PS4 even more.

And with that, I'm off to bed.

I want us all to realize something. We're getting a FF7 remake, the Last guardian, and the chance for Shenmue 3 to be made. All of this is happening before Half-life 3.

gotta save something for e3 2016 tho

So, earlier today I was all "rah blah blah fuck everything, all these games look bad, bleh, i think I hate video games now..." I was one of the biggest E3 Grinches around...

BUT SONY THOUGH

FUCKING SONY HO-LEE SHEET

Last Guardian somehow managed to look the same as it did in 2009, but fuck it's the Last Guardian, it's the successor to Shadow of the Colossus and Ico, it's gonna be great! Then there was the thing with the robot dinosaurs- Horizon! My god does that look cool... No Man's Sky I'm still not quite sold on, but it's definitely impressive and a very cool concept, Dreams is still kind of confusing to me, but in any case it looks like whatever it is it'll be amazing! And I'll always take another Uncharted. And despite not being at the conference, Ratchet and Clank is definitely a killer app for me. So, PS4 certainly looks a lot more appetizing than it did yesterday.

Now I barely know what a Shenmue is, but I know this threequel is legendary, so damn, I'm happy for y'alls and I'ma let you finish. Putting that and The Last Guardian in one conference rose this one to Bibilical proportions. Sony didn't win E3, they dominated it.... 

Sony sure did dominate in announcements, I'll give that. A lot of things we didn't see coming.

...but it'd be a lot better if they actually had games coming THIS year.

Shiiiit, Ive lost it! But youre fucking me, Shenmue 3??!!!! OH MY GOD. They won. They effin won. Any E3, past or future.

The only way this conference could've been more perfect, is if Sony had announced a new PS4 exclusive Crash and Spyro game. But they have to let God do His work, right? :D :D

Pretty good conference. Was surprised by a lot of the announcements.

You all probably knew what I was hyping for. With the lead up of the COD announcement, I thought for sure they were referencing Crash in there but as predictable as it seems, it wasn't.

At least I have Ratchet and Uncharted to enjoy!

You know you've won when you cause SSMB to crash and it's non Sonic news.

I'll likely post a full thoughts on the thing later. But holy shit that was one of the best E3 conferences for years. 

• Thumbs Up 3

still who the fuck sleep during an alpha of Uncharted 4 cutscene?! just kidding of course.

Dude its probably gonna be good for now, am buying a PS4 this end summer.

I thought that Microsoft is gonna win this year just because of backwards compabatibility (trust me, if PS4 would have real compatibility to PS3 and PS1 I would have already bought that) but after seeing what games Sony has. I mean, wow, The Last Guardian and Shenmue 3, two games that were suppose to be dead. Anf then there is remake of FF7, which many have wanted. Me, well I still have FF7 which my family had back in days. And I haven't played it, I'm just not fan of JRPG.

There there were those games which we already knew: likes of Uncharted 4 and No Man's Sky but there was nothing about new Ratchet and Clank as far as I know.

I am well and truly smackgobbed. I half expected this conference to not be disappointing after Sony's one last year, but....holy shit I expected nothing and they delivered everything. The Last Guardian, Horizon, Dreams, No Man's Sky and, of course, SHENMUE 3 LADS all ranged from great to absolutely mindblowing. Great showing Sony, this is perhaps the best E3 conference I have seen in recent years.

So Sony looked at pretty much every long-running rumour and decided "fuck it, let's actually do that". Even put a release period down for The Last Guardian.

The future looks bright for PS4...after this Christmas.

Oh, I haven't had a proper read through everything yet, but I'm seeing no mention of the Vita. That officially dead now then?

Oh, I haven't had a proper read through everything yet, but I'm seeing no mention of the Vita. That officially dead now then?

Not dead.....but a 'legacy' system! Isn't that great?!....!....(I'm going to go cry in a corner for a little while. :()

I wasn't expecting anything for Vita though so I can't say that I'm disappointed there.

I think Jacky's status retelling Penny Arcade's E3 2010 bit on Nintendo sums Sony's conference up (slightly edited for accuracy).

"Last Guardian's BACK FROM THE DEAD, FF7 Remake CONFIRMED, NEW SHENMUE, New Uncharted, New VR shit, no sports, Santa Claus is real, he's in our booth, and he's giving out fucking handjobs.

Sony bitches! We out!"

TLG, FF7 Remake, and freaking Shenmue III are on their own the stuff of fanboy pipedreams naysaysers claim would never happen, ever. To reveal all of them in the same conference is just setting off nuke megatons. And that doesn't even get to the exclusive gameplay reveals of Star Wars Battlefront, COD BLOPS3, and new Uncharted 4 gameplay they also had.

We still have Square Einx and Nintendo's conferences this year, but god Sony's conference is going to be one hell of a tough act to follow. I can't blame anyone who's already declaring they had the best conference this year.

• Thumbs Up 2

If they actually unveiled Kingdom Hearts 3 gameplay after the FF7 remake unveil...oh man. That would truly be the best E3 conference of all time.

This conference was stuff from dreams! A pipe dream made real!

I think it's safe to say that Sony takes home the win. I don't see Nintendo topping this without announcing a new big 3D Mario and Animal Crossing, two massive new IPs, the return of Metroid and F-Zero, more crossover Mario Kart DLC, the results of the Smash ballot and a surprise trailer for Zelda. Or something equally insane.

Eh, Sony's presentation was a snorefest for me. The audience's response to Hitman was hilarious: not a single care was given. Not one clap, not one cheer. The host quickly moved away from it. It all just felt so awkward on the whole, from the Destiny guy laughing at himself and his own bad jokes, amongst other things. The biggest wins according to popular opinion were Shenmue and the FF remake, but the former isn't exclusive ("its very much their thing, but..." as said on stage) and will be coming to PC when it lands. The latter is a win for them, but nothing that I'm personally interested in.

Then there were the usual suspects, which I promptly ignored: Assassin's Creed, Destiny, CoD. I stopped watching after BlOps hit the screen.

If there's one thing I'm excited for, its World of Final Fantasy. I'll be waiting for it to eventually (and hopefully) hit PC sometime in the future.. Along with Shenmue, of course.

As much as I'm a Sony fangirl, I have to say this one thing that bugged me. It's the flipping timed exclusive CoD DLC. I hated this practice when it was at Microsoft, and I still hate it now. I know Sony also did this with Assassin's Creed too and also didn't like that, but it didn't stick out as CoD's.

Activision didn't renew their contract with MS because either they have fallen out or because XBOX isn't the country's leader anymore. 

For heavens sake now in future Sony conferences, I have to watch the snoozefest that is CoD.

I think it's safe to say that Sony takes home the win. I don't see Nintendo topping this without announcing a new big 3D Mario and Animal Crossing, two massive new IPs, the return of Metroid and F-Zero, more crossover Mario Kart DLC, the results of the Smash ballot and a surprise trailer for Zelda. Or something equally insane.

Announcing a new Animal Crossing isn't going to kill Sony. And the next Mario title must not be a NSMB or 3D Land title.

Announcing a new Animal Crossing isn't going to kill Sony. And the next Mario title must not be a NSMB or 3D Land title.

Alone, certainly not. I meant all of them together.

As much as you guys may hate CoD, you have to admit that it's a pretty big major thing for Sony. Like it or not, Call of Duty is one of the biggest gaming franchises right now and since Sony have managed to enter a new partnership with Activision to have the DLC come earlier to PS4, it means it's going to give Sony a huge leg up over the PC and Xbox One versions.

• Thumbs Up 2