Awoo.

P.T. Silent Hills "There is pain here..."

Badnik Mechanic

So, Konami released P.T in order to fuel the hype train of Silent Hills and after doing one of the stupidest things I have seen "triple A"-company doing in a lomg time they now try to make us forgot it's existense... When it starts to remove let's plays? I bet very soon.

Good job Konami. And by the way, you also lost the man who was keeping you alive by being Konami

• Thumbs Up 1

I checked my PS4 and P.T has no expiry date for me anyway so it appears that it's just because it was the German version of the demo, which was exclusive for PS Plus members.

> Took down the demo from the store

> Made the demo unavailable for redownload

> Disabled Shareplaying the game

Next to their TODO list:

> Upload a patch to disable P.T from working/add expiration date

> Remove walkthroughs from YouTube

Konami, seriously. You are DONE after MGS V. Only because Kojima wants our support for that particular game. You are a complete disgrace and I hope this would all backfire sooner or later.

I just really don't understand why they're being so petty about this.

If it cost them money to keep the demo up I can understand that, but they're flat out trying to make it like P.T. never even existed.

can't let something silly like facts get in the way of some good old fashioned hysteria

• Thumbs Up 1

at some point, Konami more likely take off my idea of buying MGSV already. they just really dont care about Gaming anymore.

... .... ....

https://twitter.com/pacifist_elk

I have... . ... no words....

According to this user. The PSN checks all your games for the DRM license... if 1 game doesn't have the license, it locks you out of ALL your digital content.

Now because Konami has pulled P.T. from the network, it no longer has a license, so when the PS4 verifies it, it fails the license check. This in turn locks you out of all your content. Even deleting P.T. doesn't fix it.

Apparently there was a similar issue with Drive Club when that got released.

So, this particular case, is a fault on Sony and not Konami?

Both.

Sony for having such a stupid DRM license check system.

Konami for doing a full pull when they must and should have been aware of it.

However looking at GAF, it seems to be mainly hitting US accounts: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1044670

• Thumbs Up 3

Lol, the drama never ends with this game.

Anyway, those of you who still have P.T. and haven't had your games library locked: Just delete P.T. and don't try to play it ever again.

Or better yet, sell it at a con to some shmuck who's dying to have a PS4 with it preloaded. That seems like a good option.

Lol, the drama never ends with this game.

Anyway, those of you who still have P.T. and haven't had your games library locked: Just delete P.T. and don't try to play it ever again.

Or better yet, sell it at a con to some shmuck who's dying to have a PS4 with it preloaded. That seems like a good option.

Can I take the option where they fix the problem and where I don't intentionally con someone? That's the best option.

• Thumbs Up 6

From what I'm seeing people say, just DC your PS4 from the Internet. This skips the license check, if you really want to play it that much.

• Thumbs Up 1

Can I take the option where they fix the problem and where I don't intentionally con someone? That's the best option.

There is no such option, lol. (EDIT: Other than disconnecting your PS4 from the internet, apparently.)

You've just gotta make the best of the cards you've been dealt. If it were me, I would've already sold my P.T.-loaded PS4 at an inflated price by now. :D

... .... ....

https://twitter.com/pacifist_elk

I have... . ... no words....

According to this user. The PSN checks all your games for the DRM license... if 1 game doesn't have the license, it locks you out of ALL you digital content.

Now because Konami has pulled P.T. from the network, it no longer has a license, so when the PS4 verifies it, it fails the license check. This in turn locks you out of all your content. Even deleting P.T. doesn't fix it.

What?

Locks everything!? I would somewhat understand that it would lock the the content that fails the license check but all content? How anybody can think that that is a good idea because this P.T fiasco is apparently the second time when this kind of thing happens. Publishers are just too stupid to have something like this on console.

...I can't really even blame this on Konami. that is a ridiculous DRM system.

Konami is partially to blame for removing the license, but it is still mostly Sony's fault, yes.

I'm sure it'll be sorted out eventually. For now, those afflicted will just have to call up Sony's support number.

Right... false alarm...

This might not be P.T. related after-all 

There was PSN maintenance going on earlier, it seems that the part which deals with licenses was affected too which impacted tons of people including this guy. 

So this guy documents it and a number of big news sites publish the story.

Then when maintenance finished, the license part of the network was restored, so everything was fixed. However both this guy and the news outlets who ran with the story never updated it. The only places which have updated appear to be forums with users saying "Yay games are unlocked now."

You've just gotta make the best of the cards you've been dealt. You've just gotta make the best of the cards you've been dealt. If it were me, I would've already sold my P.T.-loaded PS4 at an inflated price by now. :D

arthurdisney-blink.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

Right... false alarm...

This might not be P.T. related after-all 

There was PSN maintenance going on earlier, it seems that the part which deals with licenses was affected too which impacted tons of people including this guy. 

So this guy documents it and a number of big news sites publish the story.

Then when maintenance finished, the license part of the network was restored, so everything was fixed. However both this guy and the news outlets who ran with the story never updated it. The only places which have updated appear to be forums with users saying "Yay games are unlocked now."

Ah, noice! Glad that it's not a permanent problem. :D

arthurdisney-blink.gif

What? You think it's too soon to sell?

...Ah, maybe you're right. Perhaps one could get $1500+ for a P.T.-loaded PS4 in a few years. :D

can't let something silly like facts get in the way of some good old fashioned hysteria

like seriously. 2 different "konami isn't just taking PT, they're taking ALL OUR GAMES" scares in 2 days.

I wish there was just 10-15 minutes of fact checking before gaming related mass pitchforking

• Thumbs Up 2

Super Bunnyhop's Follow-up on Konami's situation with his youtube claim.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guillermo Del Toro Laments What Silent Hills Could've Been (IGN)

If you're devastated Silent Hills isn’t happening, you’re not alone - so is Guillermo Del Toro.

Last month Konami officially cancelled the much-anticipated collaboration between the Hollywood director and Hideo Kojima. While a lot of the details remain obscured, it's a consequence of the undisclosed issues surrounding Kojima and his long-term publisher.

While speaking to Del Toro about his next movie, Crimson Peak, I told him how devastated I was by Silent Hills sudden cancellation. "We are, too," he replied. "The collaboration between Kojima and myself, the meetings, and the friendship that was developing was beautiful. We had an agreement on where to go. We had an agreement on how we were going to push the new platforms. We were having a blast.”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here’s what Del Toro told IGN:

“What we wanted to do with the game – and we were very much in agreement on this – was to take the technology and make it as cutting-edge as we could in creating terror in the house. The idea was very, very atmosphere-drenched.

“But what made Silent Hill so great was that you had the atmosphere but then you a pay-off with a very active, very intense series of moments. We wanted to do some stuff that I’m pretty sure – just in case it ever comes back, which honestly I would love for somebody to change their mind and we can do it – but in case it comes back there was some stuff that was very new, and I wouldn’t want to spoil it.

“Norman [Reedus, the Walking Dead actor who was attached to play the lead role] was super happy, Hideo was super happy, and so was I. I know there’s a petition going on the internet and it’s gathering signatures. I would add my signature to it, and hope that someone pays attention.”

“P.T. was downloaded enormously, which shows that people have a passion [for the series].” And it's one in which Del Toro shares. “[silent Hill] hit me at the right time when I played the first one and the second. It’s a truly great mythology and too great a storytelling arena to let die. It’s too good.”

From speaking to him, it's clear Del Toro isn’t a Hollywood director wanting to play in the world of video games; he has a passion for the series, and truly believes in the form, but after two failed projects – the first being Insane, which was cancelled in 2012 following the demise of its publisher THQ – he’s unsure if he’ll ever make a game.

“Well, you know, I’ve tried twice and I don’t know if I’ll ever come back to the form. In one instance, the company went down, and in the second, the completely unexpected happened, which was Kojima and Konami separating. It’s kind of left me reeling."

Del Toro told me one of the reasons he’s been so thrown by the experience was the abrupt nature of the cancellation and Konami’s treatment of P.T., quickly removing it from the PlayStation Store and even preventing people from re-downloading the experience if they already had it in their library. “Honestly that’s what surprised me. It was a sort of scorched earth approach. It was not a gentle and ambiguous cancellation."

Speaking to Del Toro, it's clear he's disappointed by how quickly the project unravelled, that he'll never be able to work with Kojima, or play with the Silent Hill mythology, but what's more detectable in his words and tone of voice is just how much enthusiasm he still possesses for the project that will never be.

“Hideo and I have been in touch," he told me at the end of our interview. "And he knows he would be the only guy I would follow to the ends of the earth on anything. I think if anything can be rescued, I will be more than happy.”

Well thank you very much Konami, you shits.

Thanks to you we will probably never see a Del Toro game unless Kojima comes to him for a personal project.

At least it sounds like he made a new best friend from all this:

"And he knows he would be the only guy I would follow to the ends of the earth on anything."

♫ It's guy love, between two guys. ♫

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

So this rumor was reported by IGN

An anonymous source has reportedly told Rooster Teeth that Microsoft is in talks with Konami to purchase and release Silent Hills as an Xbox One exclusive.

We reached out for clarification and were told "Microsoft does not comment on rumor or speculation." We have also reached out to Konami and will update you when we know more.

According to Rooster Teeth's source, Silent Hills is 80% complete, and Microsoft is trying to purchase the property for "billions" of dollars by E3 this year – where it will officially reveal the game as an Xbox One exclusive. It could reportedly be released as soon as March 2016.

Konami pulled the PT demo for Silent Hills from the PlayStation Store "as a show of good faith to Microsoft," Rooster Teeth said.

It's important to note that "billions" is a huge amount of money for a franchise that hasn't been in gaming's spotlight for many years.

For comparison:

Amazon purchased Twitch for $970 million in 2014

Microsoft purchased Mojang for $2.5 billion in 2014

Disney purchased Lucasfilm and Star Wars for $4.05 billion in 2012

In December 2014, Walking Dead actor Norman Reedus, who was supposed to play a major role in the game, said the "heavy" motion capture for Silent Hills hadn't been shot yet.

Rooster Teeth also reports Konami is trying to get out of the console game business as soon as possible, so it's selling off properties that can't easily be converted to mobile experiences.

This directly contradicts a statement Konami provided to IGN earlier today, saying “Konami will continue to embrace the challenge of creating entertainment content via different platforms; across not only mobile platforms, but for home consoles, arcade units, and cards, to meet the changing needs of the times."

http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/05/29/silent-hills-reportedly-an-xbox-one-exclusive

Not sure what to think about it if it turns out to be true though.