Awoo.

The Web-Slinging webhead himself Spider-Man Joins the MCU

Inkling Cooper

Was already my favorite out of the other choices, so yeah i can dig him as ol' (new) Pete

I just wish they kept Andrew Garfield. D:

I don't mind the kid from Hugo though. He seems like a good Peter Parker.

On the other hand, I don't see him as a very good Spider-Man. I'll have to wait and see.

Dylan wasn't ever officially confirmed for anything. Those were just rumors. There's even a chance that he was never considered to begin with.

Granted there's a chance this might not be 100% confirmed either but Latino Review is usually on point with this sort of thing.

Either way I don't think it was a bad choice. I think he'll make a great Peter, at least.

I didn't really care for Ender's Game that much and for the most of the part I thought Asa was only leveraging bad material. There was one pretty great exchange in it that felt like it could have been straight out of the MCU honestly, especially in a Captain America driven narrative.

olTqZgx.gif

Don't think he'll be forced to deal with a bunch of Whedon quips considering he's out of the picture. Not that I don't think it couldn't be pulled off.

And as mentioned, he totally looks the part. And hey, if being handsome is the only barometer to which you determine Spidey then he kind of has that covered too.

It should be pointed out that while Deadline has reported on the rumor as well, Variety are now claiming that Tom Holland is still in the running, so it could go either way. Have to say it's not often you see two of the "big three" reporters contesting each other.

for reference, as it can be different how we remember things from how they were (IE as I mentioned before, Ron Weasley insisting they never looked as young as the new students do)

Here's a couple photos I've found of me and friends in the final year of High School, and the year after (IE first year of College)

29811_120727344622336_1916695_n.jpg?oh=5

22535_101851706511171_7565949_n.jpg?oh=a

I dunno, seems to me Asa fits perfectly here. While some kids already start having facial hair young (once met a guy who had a full-on Spielberg look at age 15), plenty of others still keep their young look until they're like 20 or something.

I think people are too used to Peter and friends looking way too old for high school to begin with. Asa looks like what Freshman-Sophomores look like in my school now, so I think he looks the part.

I think people are too used to Peter and friends looking way too old for high school to begin with. Asa looks like what Freshman-Sophomores look like in my school now, so I think he looks the part.

Freshman sure, yeah.

Pete's not supposed to be a freshman though is he? He's a senior. MAYBE, MAAAAYBE a junior. Why would you skew younger than that though... the whole point of the character is him balancing his real life responsibilities with his superhero persona what the fuck kind of responsibilities does a 9th grader have 

Nah, I think he looks way younger. I look at him and I see a 13 year old kid. 

Like I said, I can see him as a Peter. But how he'll do a witty and heroic Spidey is beyond me.

Freshman sure, yeah.

Pete's not supposed to be a freshman though is he? He's a senior. MAYBE, MAAAAYBE a junior. Why would you skew younger than that though... the whole point of the character is him balancing his real life responsibilities with his superhero persona what the fuck kind of responsibilities does a 9th grader have 

I think you're forgetting the fact that Peter might be young, but he's also poor, he works at such a young age so he can help his aunt with all the bills and making some income so the two of them can survive another month, plus taking care of his aunt, plus school, plus being a hero, plus trying to have a personal life

I think you're forgetting the fact that Peter might be young, but he's also poor, he works at such a young age so he can help his aunt with all the bills and making some income so the two of them can survive another month, plus taking care of his aunt, plus school, plus being a hero, plus trying to have a personal life

What kind of place hires 15 year olds that look 12 for long enough hours that they can actually afford to help with bills and shit

I'm pretty sure that's not even legal, actually. There's a lot of precautions that only really begin to get lifted when you hit 17. This is from experience, btw. A 15 year old isn't going to do jack shit to "make some income so they can survive another month" - that's just too young for it to be feasible while living an otherwise normal lifestyle with school and other commitments.

He also looks 12 and that still bothers me 

Nowadays, though? I'm sure a 16 or 17 year old can make some money, even if not in the old-school 60's ways. Wasn't one of the points in the Bendis take on Spidey you love so much (where he's still in HS, incidentally) him getting hired to blog?

Nowadays, though? I'm sure a 16 or 17 year old can make some money, even if not in the old-school 60's ways. Wasn't one of the points in the Bendis take on Spidey you love so much (where he's still in HS, incidentally) him getting hired to blog?

Oh gosh you really got me I completely forgot my favorite two incarnations of the character were in high school

16-17, yeah. Not 14-15, which is Freshman age. 

edit - oh also ultimate spidey wasn't trying to be the fucking breakfast club and he didn't look 12 in that

I dunno, have you SEEN how children are drawn in superhero comics? Peter looks pretty childish to me in that :V

detail.jpg

I'm not the biggest fan of the art style honestly but idk man he looks fine to me 

It was more a joke on how normally whenever superhero artists have to draw children they come out looking like adults with the proportions of a baby

val.png

although on that line, wouldn't be surprised if Bendis did intend for Peter to look younger and he simply doesn't because Bagley didn't know how to, pretty much

EDIT: regardless, don't know if it is that much stricter over there, but over here there's always small jobs and similar you can take even if technically illegal- people just turn a blind eye to it and pretty much pay you half of what they would if it was a legit contract. I could see Peter doing some stuff like that if needed.

Freshman sure, yeah.

Spectacular Spider-Man started with Pete beginning Sophomore year iirc, so it's not like it's impossible to tell an interesting story with that. He'll just have to take on more and more responsibility as the movies progress like in the show.

Marvel's been really good when it comes to character development so I'm excited to see how they handle Pete.

Spectacular Spider-Man started with Pete beginning Sophomore year iirc, so it's not like it's impossible to tell an interesting story with that. He'll just have to take on more and more responsibility as the movies progress like in the show.

Oh, no, that's totally the idea. They've even said as much, haven't they? They're skewing young because they want an actor they can keep milking for years and years and years instead of ending up with an RDJ situation. 

I have no doubt they're going to be milking Peter's long winded development for as long as they possibly can. 

They straight up said they're aiming for a Breakfast Club tone and Spectacular really didn't do that so I don't expect them to be similar at all. 

Marvel's been really good when it comes to character development so I'm excited to see how they handle Pete.

I disagree but you know that so whatever

I get most of your complaints with the MCU(no sense of danger, action can dip into mindless CG nonsense, etc. All valid complaints) but I don't get what they've done wrong as far as characterization/development goes.

Yea, I don't have a much of a problem here; I mean yea, I would have like an older, perhaps a college-aged actor, but since this is effectively a new Spidey they of course gotta skewer him back to High School. Now what they do it is what we'll have to wait and see.

I get most of your complaints with the MCU(no sense of danger, action can dip into mindless CG nonsense, etc. All valid complaints) but I don't get what they've done wrong as far as characterization/development goes.

Not much necessarily wrong but it's all been fairly standard and one note imo. I've never really been impressed by their actual storytelling and can't imagine them reaching the same level of depth as stuff like the Ultimate comic or Spectacular show. Let alone touching the really high grade stuff like Kraven's Last Hunt.