Awoo.

The Web-Slinging webhead himself Spider-Man Joins the MCU

Inkling Cooper

Might as well put this here too. Animated Spidey movie coming in 2018, by Phil Lord and Chris Miller, the geniuses behind the Jump Street movies and The Lego Movie!

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/spider-man-gets-animated-and-dated-with-phil-lord--christopher-miller-and-sony-pictures-entertainment-300070801.html

LAS VEGAS, April 22, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- On July 20, 2018, Phil Lord & Christopher Miller, the directors of The Lego Movie, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, and 21 and 22 Jump Street, are taking Spider-Man back to his graphic roots with the first-of-its-kind animated Spider-Man feature, it was announced today at CinemaCon by Tom Rothman, chairman of the Sony Pictures Entertainment Motion Picture Group. The film will exist independently of the projects in the live-action Spider-Man universe, all of which are continuing.

Lord & Miller are masterminding the project, writing the treatment and producing the film.

As previously announced, Spider-Man will next appear in a live-action Marvel film from Marvel's Cinematic Universe (MCU). Sony Pictures will thereafter release the next installment of its $4 billion Spider-Man franchise, on July 28, 2017, a live-action film being produced by Kevin Feige at Marvel and Amy Pascal, who oversaw the franchise launch for the studio 13 years ago. The animated film from Lord & Miller, dated July 20, 2018, has Avi Arad, Matt Tolmach, and Pascal also serving as producers.

Spider-Man, embraced all over the world, is the most successful franchise in the history of Sony Pictures, with the five films having taken in more than $4 billion worldwide.

• Thumbs Up 2

Curious to see how this looks. It'll almost certainly be CG, but I wonder how stylized it'll be.

When is the last time there was an animated superhero adaptation released in theaters? Mask of Phantasm?

Curious to see how this looks. It'll almost certainly be CG, but I wonder how stylized it'll be.

When is the last time there was an animated superhero adaptation released in theaters? Mask of Phantasm?

Well there was last year's Big Hero 6 by Disney...but admittedly I feel it was the BH6 verse reworked to fit a different kind of story.

Other than that though...yeah, I think Batman: Mask of the Phantasm was the last theatrical animated superhero adaptation.

• Thumbs Up 1

You're right Gabe. Big Hero 6 is more of a loose adaptation of the original Marvel comic and feels less like a full blown superhero flick and more like a boy and his robot movie.

Well if Phil Lord/Chris Miller are behind the animated movie then at least I know it won't be anything like Ultimate Spider-Man! XD

he has a slightly bizarre and kinda wimpy look.

Get him to look ungroomed and he's perfect.

He looks like an alien, Pete's supposed to be attractive

why does he look seven years old

god he's what, 18? EIGHTEEN? Dude, WHAT? 

He looks like the kid that gets beat up and thrown in a locker, I have half a mind to do it myself

Call Dylan up come on Marvel don't do this to me I swear to god

• Thumbs Up 1

yes uh

remember the part where he's a nerd and all then gets amazing super powers

I'd say if he's bringing the inner Flash you have to the surface, then he's doing his job

yes uh

remember the part where he's a nerd and all then gets amazing super powers

I'd say if he's bringing the inner Flash you have to the surface, then he's doing his job

yZChWGr3ko4t0c3lQhlOMByno1_500.jpg

spider-man-blue-7.png

spider-man-unmasked-3.png

Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_1_546_Textless_2n

Pete's an attractive guy who's just kind of awkward around people until his powers shoot his confidence through the roof. This isn't the 60's anymore, this kid looks like a fucking parody of the nerd stereotype. 

Garfield's Peter was the right direction, I don't know why they wanna turn around and hire the king of Planet Dweeb to play Spider-Man

• Thumbs Up 1

That kid's attractive too, wouldn't have made it into Hollywood at his age if he wasn't. He has one trait outside the usual norm, the eyes being far apart, which helps sell the idea of "he has one trait outside the norm+no confidence, no-one likes him, he gains confidence, people either ignore the trait or even take a liking to it".

Plus, y'know. Again. If it helps make jocks like you want to punch him, that just helps selling the role :V

• Thumbs Up 1

That kid hooking up with Emma Stone is as realistic as the rest of the MCU I guess, maybe that's what they were going for

you know, really pushing the whole "absolutely absurd unrealistic fantasy" angle

If we're going that path, Emma Stone looking like a 30-year-old while supposedly being in high-school wasn't the most realistic thing either

not going to say it was stretching believably because it had none- I didn't buy it for a second

He reminds me too much of the dweeby Maguire look than the nerdish Garfield look. But I think the biggest issue for me is he looks way too fucking young like holy shit he looks 12 years old lmao.

• Thumbs Up 1

If we're going that path, Emma Stone looking like a 30-year-old while supposedly being in high-school wasn't the most realistic thing either

not going to say it was stretching believably because it had none- I didn't buy it for a second

Emma Stone doesn't look anything other than god damn beautiful you shut your face

• Thumbs Up 6

He reminds me too much of the dweeby Maguire look than the nerdish Garfield look. But I think the biggest issue for me is he looks way too fucking young like holy shit he looks 12 years old lmao.

Apparently they're going for the more 15 year old vibe.

Emma Stone doesn't look anything other than god damn beautiful you shut your face

SHE LOOKS OOOOOOOOOLD

mind, not old-old, "aren't you the teacher" old

55410667b8775.jpg

This was me as a high school junior, 16/17 years old. Dylan can pass as that easily. You don't need to hire a kid that seriously, no exaggeration, looks like he's fucking 12 years old.

• Thumbs Up 1

see here's the thing

he's 18

he doesn't need to pass as a high-schooler, he's an high-schooler, Flash daddy-o

He's a high schooler that looks like he just got out of his diapers and passed the fifth grade

You can put him in striped pajamas or make him Hugo and shit but that kid is not spider-man that's literally absurd

I'd rather wait and see if he acts well rather than judge him on his looks. If he's a good Spider-Man/Peter Parker, I honestly don't care how he looks.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hmm, by today's standards, he certainly wouldn't look out of place in a high school.

remember that moment in the harry potter books where ron insists that kids in the early years look too young, showing a lack of awareness that overall his generation looked that young when in the first years in hogwarts