Awoo.

Sonic Boom comics *ENDING #11*.

Inkling Cooper

People seem to be overlooking the "will still continue the universe in our existing books" part.

Jason, you could still write Boom stories for the Digests or something =P

Kinda figured this would happen, that's why I never invested in the series except for the first issue..but yeah, wasn't expecting it so soon, even with all the negativity surrounding Boom you'd think it would last longer than the X series (40)

Oh well, at least they'll start to offer what they have in a bundle for a discounted price.

People seem to be overlooking the "will still continue the universe in our existing books" part.

I don't buy it, esp. since we were told the same thing when X was canceled.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't buy it, esp. since we were told the same thing when X was canceled.

Hmm? Is there proof of this statement still available to see>

My memories are vague, but I believe their wording back then was something along the lines of "it's always a possible we'll return to the Sonic X universe someday". The way they say it here makes it sound like more of a certainty.

My memories are vague, but I believe their wording back then was something along the lines of "it's always a possible we'll return to the Sonic X universe someday". The way they say it here makes it sound like more of a certainty.

Right, can you guys double check on that? it sounds about right but I want to be sure.

If this is a certainty (which I still don't believe) then what books? are they going to shave the Universe or Main series books in half for a boom chapter?

Cause that will piss me off that were going to be getting half of an issue for the same price.

I don't think people are hung up on that point so much but more on the part that it didn't last that long. Especially since this was part of the whole Boom initiative and it's barely passing the halfway point in its first year and now we lost the comic and it doesn't help the games were bad.

Yeah, the Boom stories are going to continue on the digests, Universe Arcs or as backups. But now they are going to play second fiddle to the main series (I feel a joke coming because of this.)

Hmm? Is there proof of this statement still available to see>

Flynn's farewell letter in Sonic X #40 said that "This is the end [...], but only for now. We'll be seeing them again one day."

It might have been more of a consolation that Archie was open to the possibility of revisiting X via Sonic Universe or something. We know they were considering an Underground story before the Penders case flipped the script on them. Not to mention SEGA has practically written off X and Archie isn't even allowed to reprint that material (far as I know, but there might be other licensing issues with TMS that are preventing it).

Yeah, but I'm more inclined to believe Boom will have more of a chance as it's currently airing. X had long since ended by the time #40 happened.

Umm.

I subbed for two years to Boom.

What sort of compensation am I going to be getting?

Yeah, you don't fucking advertise 2 year runs and then cut the cord all of a sudden.

I think I've figured out what they might be doing. Sonic The Hedgehig and Sonic Universe might just get TWO stories per issue so that the first one is a main universe story and the other is a Sonic Boom story.

I knew it, I knew they were offering two year subscriptions.

Speaking of which, they STILL have one year subscriptions up on their website. Hope no one subscribes without knowing that the series is soon to be cancelled, or else they are really going to be fucked.

Heh, funny how quickly they also changed it. Back when Boom was due for release, they were offering two year subscriptions to anywhere in the world. Now it's only one year subscriptions only in US and Canada.

I don't understand why they do that either. That offer worldwide subscriptions to the normal Archie series but for some reason, Sonic and Mega Man get singled out and are only available for US and Canada. It's seriously stupid. 

man that stinks I was going to start reading the series after worlds unite getting subscriptions for megaman sonic boom and sonic universe were part of my reasoning for getting the deluxe package deal in the first place (guess its a good thing I got it on a 25% off orders day)oh well maybe when I get the email for the 1 year subscription thing I can switch it to one of the archie comics they've always interested me I just never bothered to get any recent issues

I really thought it would last at least 25 issues. What a bummer.

My guess is Archie is going to roll over the subscriptions into subs for Sonic Universe or something.

I would much prefer getting a refund for the 13 issues I didn't get, though. I'm already subbed to the other two Sonic series.

To those wondering about the subs: Archie are planning to send out emails on how to get the Boom subs transferred to other titles.

Umm.

I subbed for two years to Boom.

What sort of compensation am I going to be getting?

Yeah, you don't fucking advertise 2 year runs and then cut the cord all of a sudden.

I know for sure that they offer to switch the subscription to another title. But I guess that it is also possible to get a partial refund.

A reoccurring joke in the comic was that every sound-effect or action began with a "ker."

pff..such a sad new after all.. though they say they will comeback..

i just hope SEGA let them do something about an adaptation of Rise of Lyric.. it would be interesting..

I wasn't a big fan of the Sonic Boom comic (never bought it, the preview pictures put me off a bit) but it's a shame to see it ending so soon, especially for those who liked it. =[ So it seems the only successful thing about the Boom franchise is the tv show and maybe the merchandise.

As I mentioned in the Archie Sonic thread, Ian's spoke a little about it on Bumbleking.

Most probably not, given that the cartoon is still going strong. It took us a year or two to get access to Cream even after Sonic X ended.

I can't get into things, so this is all I'm saying on the matter:
- it was not because of sales. Boom was doing just fine.
- it was not because of SEGA.

We'll see what the future holds, but I'll miss having the monthly book to play with. Had some fun stories lined up for it.

• Thumbs Up 1

So... not a SEGA mandate... not because of sales...

Umm.

Are Archie stupid? Why would you cancel something that's selling well unless there's some legal reason?

It just makes no sense at all unless there was a staffing issue, and if you can't find the people to make a PROFITABLE product work, you have failed as a business.