Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

Hm? I completely agree with shdowhunt60, actually. Once you reach somewhere around episode 50, this happens:

But he's not there yet. He's still in the middle of the game.

I can't rely on having a fly/power type because there is absolutely no way to predict as to what kind of level I'm going go be play.

That's why you have to have your fly and power character at a somewhat decent level.

It's essential to do that because some daily challenges/events are easier with certain characters than others, it doesn't even have to be that high, just up until you hit the tens of thousands to upgrade is more than enough.

Also use the friend system to get free lives.

He's wrong about that. It starts at episode 40. And I actually did just beat the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

But like why would he even had said that if he hadn't reached this point? (Be it episode 40 or 50 it doesn't matter too much)

Wow, in that case then I think I am going to re-review this game.

It's not event a case of "buy more stuff to make the game better" like you expect from freemium titles. It's just this entirely luck-based system to make the game less fun and nothing will change that.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ok can anyone else confirm that the following has happened to them?

• If you unlock a character, then by some miracle unlock a 2nd by the roulette wheel which is the same, you are NOT reimburse for that spin, you lost 50 red rings or 10 eggs. (needs 2nd verification).
  • There is no way to transfer/recover a lost save.
  • The game has online only DRM which isn't preventing cheaters (I've seen some people freely admit they have cheated in the game), so why even have it?
  • Tails and Knuckles at times can clip through the floor.
  • If Tails hits a wall and the player flies up, if there are spikes at the top of the wall he will die/take a hit, other characters are likely to survive.
  • Animals can clip through the floor (noticed this during the animal rescue event).
  • Animals will almost always jump in pits from the middle of the 2nd stage onwards.

Ok can anyone else confirm that the following has happened to them?

• If you unlock a character, then by some miracle unlock a 2nd by the roulette wheel which is the same, you are NOT reimburse for that spin, you lost 50 red rings or 10 eggs. (needs 2nd verification).
  • There is no way to transfer/recover a lost save.
  • The game has online only DRM which isn't preventing cheaters (I've seen some people freely admit they have cheated in the game), so why even have it?
  • Tails and Knuckles at times can clip through the floor.
  • If Tails hits a wall and the player flies up, if there are spikes at the top of the wall he will die/take a hit, other characters are likely to survive.
  • Animals can clip through the floor (noticed this during the animal rescue event).
  • Animals will almost always jump in pits from the middle of the 2nd stage onwards.

In order...

• I've heard you get rewarded another 50 rings for that.
  • Sometimes the Android version deletes your save. Yep, there's no way to recover if you've not made a manual backup. Considering it's not happening to everyone and the game is currently in soft-release, this is a bug that I expect to be fixed.
  • To issue updates and various other sort of online activities like events without needing to do a full update of the app. And should they ever add ads to the game, forcing players to be online means that SEGA won't miss out on ad revenue (I always switch to aeroplane when I play Jump Fever to stop the ads)
  • Never noticed clipping issues for Knuckles/Tails. The Android version noticeably lagged a fair bit on my device, so it wouldn't surprise me.
  • Dunno what you mean by this one.
  • Again, I haven't noticed this, but...
  • Yep. This definitely happens. Especially if you're on one of the upper routes where the animals will always fall off anyway. It'd make more sense if the animals just bopped up and down on the spot, instead of running away from you and giving you no chance to 'save' them before they commit suicide. 
  • Thumbs Up 1

Dunno what you mean by this one.

Ok I'll try to explain this.

Say you are running along a flat platform, and ahead of you is a wall/cliff, if you don't jump, you hit the cliff face and after a second you die.

So as Sonic you would jump over it. 

Tails and knuckles you can either jump, or use their specials to get over it.

Now say that cliff has a spike trap on the top of it. 

As Sonic, a double/triple jump gets you over no problem.

As Knuckles, a dive attack followed by a jump also gets you over it no problem.

With Tails however, if you fly, his momentum is still to go forwards, so once the cliff wall is clear, he instantly goes forward into the spikes and will take a hit.

The problem... in later parts of the stage, the game puts bottomless pits by the cliff wall, so if you hit the spikes, you'll either die instantly, or fall into the pit and die. This only happens with Tails due to his flying direction.

• Thumbs Up 1

this makes no sense
our progress and the game depends on being connected to internet
there have happens>

We're doomed, better back up...

1926843_1386289198356849_555841182398563

I said long ago that devemos find ways to capture data server
and run the game offline mode
so not depend on a server to tell us when or play it?

Many here lost their progress is most probable
I have aki android emulators for pc and how to capture server packages

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoFKe8sRa7Y

wireshark

https://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsug_html_chunked/ChCapInterfaceRemoteSection.html

TCPDUMP

http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/tcpdump-capture-record-protocols-port/

e also seen in networks android games
as a clash of clans
totally out of playable online
as is this?
edit the apk?

Going to need a new APK if you're a UK Android user by the looks of things. The game is now giving me a connection error and says it must be updated through the Google Play store, though you get the 'not available in your country' message if you try to do that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yep, looks like this is the end of my Runners adventure.

Screenshot_2015-03-17-08-28-24_zpsqnbsqe

Genuinely don't think I can be bothered to download an updated APK, should one pop up somewhere. The game has thrown so much crap at me recently I have very little incentive to go back to it anyway.

Though on the plus side, if this means everything up to this point becomes lost, I suppose I'm kinda glad I never unlocked anything rare...

If by "bug fixes" it means "squishing all those pesky people who are playing our game without shelling out any money for freemium content" then yes, I suppose it's set to be a success :lol:

What I found especially hilarious was that the game notified me I could earn extra Red Rings today in some promotion or other... only to be told I can't even access the game at all! May as well hit the uninstall button and be done with it...

Maybe I'll give the game another chance when it properly comes out in the UK. Maybe. We'll see what changes between now and then.

I actually unlocked Espio, Chip, Caliburn and a bunch of other rare stuff...I copied the Runners folder on my pc, just in case, but I don't think I'll go back to this game until the Italian release. So long, folks!

11067775_1387016521617450_70736072454253

I managed to update my APK. Dunno if events will update with this method. So watch out if you're going to try this But the Maintenance News is gone. My Rank, Levels, and Companions is intact.

Hello Sonic Runners!

Maintenance conducted from 5:00 am (UTC) has finished at 7:00am (UTC).
Thank you for your patience during this time.

This maintenance also includes an update to the app.
Please follow the instructions after restarting the game to update your app.

We apologize to everyone for the inconvenience caused.

I saw this on the Runners web site, but didn't get that message at first launch. Only a prompt to download more game data.

My guide to updating the Android version:

1. You need an app called QooApp. Go to http://apk.qoo-app.com/

2. Search (using the search bar on top of page) for Sonic Runners

3. Click download, click English version.

4. Accept the Download. When it's finished, put the APK in your phone

5. Sideload the APK

6. After it's installed, open QooApp. Search for Sonic Runners

7. Press Update, and follow the instructions

8. When it's done, try it. Haven't seen any other testimonies about this method

• Thumbs Up 1

Tried that method and it worked. All my data is kept so that's good. The difference with how I did it is that I did it all on my  device. Maybe you did it like that though.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not too far in the game, I don't think... Unfortunately, my laptop keeps crashing for no reason so I don't think I can update my game. I guess I'll just wait for it to fully release, then. Only rare things I got were Chip and Caliburn anyways.

So, just be careful trying that method..

Why? Other than losing the save is there a security risk?

I used qapp all through my phone and it worked. All you do is install qapp (on your phone), search sonic runners through the app, then install Runners. Haven't checked the game itself yet though.

I used qapp all through my phone and it worked. All you do is install qapp (on your phone), search sonic runners through the app, then install Runners. Haven't checked the game itself yet though.

I'd check it just in case you get a nasty surprise.

Oh? the thread was rebuilt. cool.

So am I reading that right, are those US links to the Google play store and iOS shop? is this game actually out in the US now? thought we were still restricted to canada and japan.