Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

People still play this game? What has Sega got to do to finally get rid of you people?

Anyway this further proves Sticks is not a Sonic Boom exclusive character. I won't be surprised if she appears in the 25th anniversary game.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Ming Ming Yuigahama said:

People still play this game? What has Sega got to do to finally get rid of you people?

No need to hostile about it. The game is still pretty fun if one plays it just here and there casually. Nothing wrong with people enjoying it even if it has problems.

---

On the next subject, I hope I'm lucky enough to get Sticks! Really want her. =D

• Thumbs Up 1

No need to hostile about it. The game is still pretty fun if one plays it just here and there casually. Nothing wrong with people enjoying it even if it has problems.

The irony of "here and there" when you still require an internet connection.

But oh well.

16 minutes ago, Ming Ming Yuigahama said:

Anyway this further proves Sticks is not a Sonic Boom exclusive character. I won't be surprised if she appears in the 25th anniversary game.

tell that to the people who beat me in world leagues everyday

Sticks is confirmed in m&s. 

8 minutes ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

---

On the next subject, I hope I'm lucky enough to get Sticks! Really want her. =D

Yep i would have completed team wild if i got her. But no such luck. Nvm, i have a bunch of characters to unlock anyway. 

What if they decide to celebrate lunar new year? O.o they did a spring event once right?

13 minutes ago, caseykz said:

What if they decide to celebrate lunar new year? O.o they did a spring event once right?

If they do any more events... Hopefully they put bit more effort in them and not just reskin the Time-Mode like they did with teh Christmas event. :v

• Thumbs Up 1

So far they've missed 3 good times to do an event, that's for New Years, Valentines and Christmas (As Christmas was just a stage and no collect-a-thon/Raid Battle). I doubt the game's going to have many more events, nor frequent updates as I think in their eyes people only care about new characters.

11 minutes ago, SuperAj3 said:

So far they've missed 3 good times to do an event, that's for New Years, Valentines and Christmas (As Christmas was just a stage and no collect-a-thon/Raid Battle). I doubt the game's going to have many more events, nor frequent updates as I think in their eyes people only care about new characters.

Valentines? Thats not a good idea. Nope. If its just a stage or plain collecting its okay, but...story? Oh wait, maybe they can use zeena

The interface seems pretty packed. I wonder how they will fit future events in.

The Windy Hill in Spring stage will most likely return for Easter, but we'll have to wait and see if the Christmas stage was an exception (since it was so close to the big update) or if all the Special Stages are going to be skins from now on. Fact is there is currently no way to upgrade or obtain Merlina, King Boom Boo, Mother Wisp, Erazor or Zazz's Moon Mech. However, I remember not many people participated in the collect-a-thons according to the ranking results.

I'd prefer if they just added new episodes with Desert Ruins and Tropical Coast, as there are still unused stage icons for all the Special Stages (even Christmas) + variations like Windy Hill, Lava Mountain and Sky Road at night. It's just a waste to only use them once a year.

I'm not gonna spin for Sticks. Actually, I haven't tried the Premium Roulette once since the 2.0 update, as I'm saving up my (currently 2000+) RSR for the Event Chaotix that I believe will come this year.

24 minutes ago, caseykz said:

Valentines? Thats not a good idea. Nope. If its just a stage or plain collecting its okay, but...story? Oh wait, maybe they can use zeena

The interface seems pretty packed. I wonder how they will fit future events in.

Most other games do it, considering Valentines is more prevalent in Japan. I could see a costumed Amy and Cream being the event characters, and there be a collectathon.

Sega need to do some big event to bring people back. Maybe they should have Mighty and Ray as limited edition characters on the wheel and have Fang as a reward for getting a score of 1 million or more for 20 days in a row. 

33 minutes ago, LukA8 said:

I'm not gonna spin for Sticks. Actually, I haven't tried the Premium Roulette once since the 2.0 update, as I'm saving up my (currently 2000+) RSR for the Event Chaotix that I believe will come this year.

Chaotix event? The Chaotix are available to buy without having to use the roulette. Why would they bring back to the roulette? Or are you talking about the screenshots people found of Metal Espio when the game first launched?

No, I'm talking about costumes for them like Christmas Team Heroes or Halloween Team Dark that have a stronger bonus. The way they recently changed the character select screen to have the Chaotix positioned right behind the Hero/Dark characters makes me think they are gonna be the next trio to get this treatment. Of course, that's just a simple hunch for now, but I don't want to be out of Red rings once they arrive, considering how packed the Roulette is now.

1 hour ago, LukA8 said:

No, I'm talking about costumes for them like Christmas Team Heroes or Halloween Team Dark that have a stronger bonus. The way they recently changed the character select screen to have the Chaotix positioned right behind the Hero/Dark characters makes me think they are gonna be the next trio to get this treatment. Of course, that's just a simple hunch for now, but I don't want to be out of Red rings once they arrive, considering how packed the Roulette is now.

Oohh!!! I'm not sure if I should save my RSR now. I know that this Chaotix Event team is only a hunch, but a ring bonus would be hugely tempting!

Seems this is Sticks profile info from Runners.

"Sticks is an eccentric badger who lives way out in the woods by herself. She is close friends with Amy."

Interesting that it doesn't say Sticks is from a alternate universe or anything. More and more am wondering if she'll end up getting cameos in future big title Sonic-Team games.

Just because Sticks is in Runners and the Rio Olympics, doesn't really mean that she's going to appear in the main series. I mean the Deadly Six have also appeared in Runners and the Olympics but that doesn't mean that they'll appear in future titles as well.

20 minutes ago, True Detective Soni said:

Just because Sticks is in Runners and the Rio Olympics, doesn't really mean that she's going to appear in the main series. I mean the Deadly Six have also appeared in Runners and the Olympics but that doesn't mean that they'll appear in future titles as well.

It doesn’t mean they won’t either. I don’t think anybody is saying “Oh my! This must absolutely mean they‘ll be in future main Sonic games!” … However it does leave one to think a bit regardless, as these things do help the possibility even if only a tiny amount.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, big_smile said:

Sega need to do some big event to bring people back. Maybe they should have Mighty and Ray as limited edition characters on the wheel and have Fang as a reward for getting a score of 1 million or more for 20 days in a row. 

Maybe classic sonic can have a separate team then. So weird having 4 members in a team. 

As for my character ideas, maybe cream and cheese can be the fly type of team rose. Cheese would lag behind and act as an extra hitbox for passing animals.

• Thumbs Up 2

About Sticks:

She was created by Sonic Team for Sonic Boom (I think).

So in that way, she is a lot like Amy. Amy first appeared in a different universe (the Japanese manga) and then later appeared in Sonic CD. At the time, it seemed strange that Sonic Team would use a comic book character. But it was later revealed that she was made by Sonic Team for the comic. 

Hence, as Sticks is a Sonic Team creation, there's a good chance that she will appear in Sonic Team games. Although I hope her friendship with Amy doesn't impact the Amy/Cream friendship (although that's been forgotten since Sonic Advance 3). 

• Thumbs Up 3

Well Amy's and Cream's friendship has been shown in a number of games since Advance 3 actually, the last game to have shown this was Sonic Free Riders.

(But also, Free Riders is Cream's last game that she wasn't a background character)

• Thumbs Up 4

I'd say it's a 50/50 chance for Sticks appearing in a Sonic Team game, she could or she won't, or maybe she'll be like Big in SA2 and cameo in levels or something like that.

• Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, Ming Ming Yuigahama said:

Well Amy's and Cream's friendship has been shown in a number of games since Advance 3 actually, the last game to have shown this was Sonic Free Riders.

(But also, Free Riders is Cream's last game that she wasn't a background character)

I think Sticks is a better best friend figure for Amy, to be honest. Other than being another cute girl character, I never felt Cream had any qualities that make her a great fit for Amy's sidekick or best friend. Amy loves fashion, but has a strong sense of justice, and isn't afraid to step in and fight off a threat. Cream is too quiet, held back, and too polite to be a good match for Amy. Even when Cream takes action, she's still not doing anything, she mostly just throws her Chao Cheese around, so it's usually Cheese that does all the fighting when it comes to Cream taking action. Sticks is a much more suitable match for Amy as a best friend.

Sticks is very protective and loves to fight incoming threats, no matter how scared or paranoid she gets. Sticks never seems to run away from fights, and even if she flees, she never returns without making sure she helps finish the fight. Both Sticks and Amy have a strong sense of justice, love fighting with their unique weapons, and they are both thrill seekers. Sticks and Amy also have a few differences which help give them a friendly challenge with dealing with each other. They are a better team in my opinion. With Amy and Cream, I never felt like they were much of a team. It always looked like Amy just used Cream to get what she wants, and Cream always seemed to look worried, try and reason with things, and get bossed around by Amy. Cream seems to look up to Amy as an older sister like figure, but is a little at war with herself, because she can't always tell if Amy is doing the right thing or not at times. I guess some could say Amy and Cream have a older sister/younger sister relationship, while Amy and Sticks have a best friends relationship. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, SpongicX said:

I think Sticks is a better best friend figure for Amy, to be honest. Other than being another cute girl character, I never felt Cream had any qualities that make her a great fit for Amy's sidekick or best friend. Amy loves fashion, but has a strong sense of justice, and isn't afraid to step in and fight off a threat. Cream is too quiet, held back, and too polite to be a good match for Amy. Even when Cream takes action, she's still not doing anything, she mostly just throws her Chao Cheese around, so it's usually Cheese that does all the fighting when it comes to Cream taking action. Sticks is a much more suitable match for Amy as a best friend.

Sticks is very protective and loves to fight incoming threats, no matter how scared or paranoid she gets. Sticks never seems to run away from fights, and even if she flees, she never returns without making sure she helps finish the fight. Both Sticks and Amy have a strong sense of justice, love fighting with their unique weapons, and they are both thrill seekers. Sticks and Amy also have a few differences which help give them a friendly challenge with dealing with each other. They are a better team in my opinion. With Amy and Cream, I never felt like they were much of a team. It always looked like Amy just used Cream to get what she wants, and Cream always seemed to look worried, try and reason with things, and get bossed around by Amy. Cream seems to look up to Amy as an older sister like figure, but is a little at war with herself, because she can't always tell if Amy is doing the right thing or not at times. I guess some could say Amy and Cream have a older sister/younger sister relationship, while Amy and Sticks have a best friends relationship. 

That is a good way to look at Amy and Cream. I wouldn't mind a Modern Sticks appearing in the games now, maybe a little less paranoid though.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, SpongicX said:

Some good points!

However, for me Amy and Sticks are both 'crazy' characters. In Boom, they've toned down Amy's crazy side, but in the Sega Sonic games, Amy is overflowing with passion and excitement for life, which can cause her to act slightly eccentric at times.  

Therefore, in the Sega Sonic world, I don't think they would be a good fit for each other, as their personalities would compete and clash. 

Cream is a much better fit as she is very polite and reserved, so she can balance out Amy's 'crazy' side.

Sonic Battle used their relationship perfectly: there's quite a few scenes where Amy gets carried away and so Cream steps back and point out the flaws in Amy's ideas. However, being a polite girl, Cream is never able to approach Amy directly, and so often ends up reluctantly going along with her plans, which adds to the humor. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Ah, yeah, we don't need two crazy girls running around, Sticks works with Boom Amy well, but Modern Amy might even drive her more nuts than before.

Or Amy will make Sticks seem sane in comparison.

• Thumbs Up 2