Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

10 minutes ago, caseykz said:

It means chaotix is permanently purchasable. Thats good news. 

The new buddies though. Is the first one same as heavy bomb except no flicky? They are not good for score runs. Now if i want to stay on the bottom route forever with a different type for laughs then maybe.

I think they are buffering for sticks. Let us save up a bit.

I probably will get Big first i think. Then i would have completed team easy. But i want that chao walker (sigh).

i think wizard chao is what you want. Does nothing to wisps though.

Now with Amy and the Chaotix limit smashable, don't bother with Team Easy, Amy and Chaotix are far better.

9 minutes ago, SuperAj3 said:

Now with Amy and the Chaotix limit smashable, don't bother with Team Easy, Amy and Chaotix are far better.

The collector in me tells me to get Big then Amy. The rational part tells me that i should start on chaotix and stop wasting time. Haha:P. Thanks for the advice though. About facebook, I think i will still wait a bit until my friends are not as busy.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Ajavalo said:

Well, it seems that Espio, Charmy and Vector are now directly purchaseable with 200 Red Star Rings or 2 million Gold Rings! That's a very good thing, since their boost in Ring Bonus makes them ideal for Timed Mode!

I'll see if I can now stand a chance at getting promoted in the Timed league.

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

All right! No dumb roulette for the Chaotix!

Let's hope they do it for everyone else in the future!

Hearing the Chaotix now being permanent shop additions is great news!

Now if only I could get it working properly on my Galaxy Young. It keeps freezing on the load after I press to accept the ToS...

I only downloaded it a few days ago too. 

Them being purchasable now is probably a consequence of the Character Egg becoming way too crowded, but I'm certain event (probably Easter) versions of the Chaotix will come out soon, putting them back on the Roulette with a better bonus. : P

Espio as the Easter Bunny? Charmy dressed as an Easter Egg? Vector dressed .. as a chicken?!

• Thumbs Up 1

Let's just hope Sonic Runners Global doesn't get shut down anytime soon like Chain Chronicle Global. Tho I suspect that it had more to do with Sega and Gumi's contract expiring late last year and someone choosing not to renew than it does with Sega's overall mobile attitude which is usually pretty lackluster once a game has launched.

Eh, i can see Team Rose getting Easter costumes before Team Chaotix. They fit the idea of Spring more. 

Or at least team Easy considering that the majority of what's traditionally considered Team Rose is there instead. 

• Thumbs Up 1

We can finally buy them? YES Charmy here i come. Good thing I save my rsr for mephiles and now I get charmy instead. But I'm still saving them for him too I mean really he's awesome. ?

Yeah, I think the Chaotix would fit a Summer Vacation theme better than Easter, but I'm not sure an even slower Team Easy with maybe only a 10% score cut would be that tempting to put on the Roulette compared to a 75% Ring Bonus. I'd rather expect Cream and Big to become Rose Types one day just like Silver got a Future Type variant, but Big's case is more difficult since Blaze is already Power/Rose. Maybe Power/Froggy?

Is it possible to buy characters such as Tails, Knuckles,Shadow,Rouge etc in the game ? Or do u just have to unlock them.

Btw, do you guys  think characters such as Jet, Wave,Vanilla, Storm,Marine and Gamma will be released ? Considering Big is playable and so will mephiles soon. Sega should release Super Sonic,  Super Shadow, Super Silver and Burning Blaze, plus Neo Metal Sonic in my opinion. Not forgetting the knights of the round table from Sonic and The Black Knight.

4 minutes ago, JetTheHawk said:

Is it possible to buy characters such as Tails, Knuckles,Shadow,Rouge etc in the game ? Or do u just have to unlock them.

Btw, do you guys  think characters such as Jet, Wave,Vanilla, Storm,Marine and Gamma will be released ? Considering Big is playable and so will mephiles soon. Sega should release Super Sonic,  Super Shadow, Super Silver and Burning Blaze, plus Neo Metal Sonic in my opinion. Not forgetting the knights of the round table from Sonic and The Black Knight.

All roulette except team easy and team chaotix.

that's a lot of characters. So far i think only team babylon and gamma can make it.

As for super forms, i think its more feasible if they were some sort of headstart mechanic (You could use laser wisp but whatever) since the only way they would die is though ring loss or pits, and timed mode covers that pretty good.

• Thumbs Up 1

Is it just me or the s leagues are now harder? For example, a week back i could stay in s*** just by scoring 20 mil and get like 15th place or sth.

either that or its because i enter the league at a different time? 

If you place high on the S*** league, you will automatically be put into a league filled with players who scored around as much as you for the next ranking period, meaning your high score in the previous league is just an average score in the next league. By that, they force you to score higher and eventually fall down.

I found a neat trick for the Story Mode rankings, though: Once you're in S***, don't play Story Mode at all during the current ranking period, and they will put you in a league with very, very bad players for the following period, allowing you to place in the top 5 easily.

The best thing about that is, even if you don't play during the ranking period at all, you will still be rewarded Shahra or the Special Egg for staying in S***.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 22/01/2016 at 10:49 AM, JetTheHawk said:

The Babylon Rogues - There's a chance, sure. They may not have been in the original data dump but there are characters now who weren't and have been added since (Tikal, Werehog). In fact, I'm kinda surprised Tikal was given a playable appearance before them, if I must be honest. And with Mario and Sonic Rio allowing more than just Jet off his gear, their profession shouldn't be a hindrance. 

Marine - A lot more unlikely, but she's had cameos and mentions here and there so I guess technically not impossible? But I wouldn't hedge bets.

Gamma - I think if they were going to do him, they would have done it during the SA1 event, so he's probably out of the question now.

Vanilla - Sonic Team don't even really see her as a separate character any more, so no. 

Super forms - There was a hoax about Super Sonic being in, but it'd be kinda hard to implement given that any stat changes would probably break the function of the game. It'd be either cosmetic or in cutscenes.

Knight forms - That'd be fun, but the Secret Rings event made those sorts of costumes cutscene only, so I think these would be treated the same, unfortunately.

Other characters - Depends on who they are, really. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Normally I'd object to Gamma, but since they've already put in a ton of retired or deceased characters, he seems like free game. As said though, they've already done a round of SA1 stuff.

I'd actually really like to see Emerl come to this game at some point. I don't think it's too likely at all, and I doubt there'd ever be a Sonic Battle event.

Maybe someday we'll have a robot event with Gamma, Emerl, and maybe like Tails in his Cyclone or something lol

Wishful thinking ?

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, LukA8 said:

If you place high on the S*** league, you will automatically be put into a league filled with players who scored around as much as you for the next ranking period, meaning your high score in the previous league is just an average score in the next league. By that, they force you to score higher and eventually fall down.

I found a neat trick for the Story Mode rankings, though: Once you're in S***, don't play Story Mode at all during the current ranking period, and they will put you in a league with very, very bad players for the following period, allowing you to place in the top 5 easily.

The best thing about that is, even if you don't play during the ranking period at all, you will still be rewarded Shahra or the Special Egg for staying in S***.

That explains a lot. Since i did overcome my high score a while back. 

So if assuming timed mode leagues are the same. I should wait past a weekend before i start a streak? 

It's not as simple for Timed Mode, because if you stop playing there even for a day, you will always lose your winning streak, and that trick would require you to participate only in every second league, as once you get promoted again, you will have equal scores surrounding you again. The only option to succeed in Timed Mode is to Limit Break your characters, anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, LukA8 said:

It's not as simple for Timed Mode, because if you stop playing there even for a day, you will always lose your winning streak, and that trick would require you to participate only in every second league, as once you get promoted again, you will have equal scores surrounding you again. The only option to succeed in Timed Mode is to Limit Break your characters, anyway.

I know. Thats why i said weekend.

Sandbagging is a skill. Once i break chaotix, i will probably lead with team heroes after a reset. Then slowly increase those scores. Im still hanging around e***, so its possible. 

But then i cant do story mode at all if i want to get back to league s***. Animal collecting is going to be a pain. Bottom route all the way?

I played this game back when it came out, but unfortunately lost my progress somewhere along the way. I kind of liked it though and I want to play something to scratch the Sonic game itch and celebrate the 25th anniversary. I did just about everything I cared about in Sonic Dash and I'm not a big fan of Sonic Dash 2, so I might start over on this instead.

It looks like you can limit break (and presumably buy) team Dark and Omega via rings and Red Rings. No more roulette! Hopefully it will become permanent.

Although getting Rings is becoming hard now, as less people are playing so there are less people to send Tokens to.

If anyone wants to add me on Facebook please do, as I send out Tokens approx 4-5 times a day!

On January 29, 2016 at 3:55 PM, big_smile said:

Although getting Rings is becoming hard now, as less people are playing so there are less people to send Tokens to.

I wonder if saving item/normal roulette tickets help. I have way too many items anyway and waiting for roulette to be replaced by rings.

17 hours ago, caseykz said:

I wonder if saving item/normal roulette tickets help. I have way too many items anyway and waiting for roulette to be replaced by rings.

I don't think they've ever had an all ring roulette (other than stage 3 of the item roulette which has a mix of rings and red rings).

The Jackpot on the item roulette is fairly stingy - You can get more rings by sending out tokens!