Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

That's the thing, I've realised it's not. It's not brilliant at Lv2 cause it takes 320 combos to activate it. But if it was Lv5 where it would only take 200, it would be hugely useful. Only in this event, mind you. In regular gameplay it's just nah.

Since today, when I ever I start Sonic Runners, it asks for my Google Play login. I select my account, but it then asks for it again. This is an endless loop, so I never get to start the game.

I've tried restarting and killing all background services. Has this happened to anybody else? Thanks in advance for any help. I'm really enjoying this game and don't want to miss out on the animal event!

I been keeping track of how I lose and got new update. There are 3 ways to lose. Getting hit, falling into pit, and running into wall of course.

______ Total Lag Reg Other

39% Hit:__40 __3 _28 8=DH 1=LDH

48% Pit:__49 __3 _36 3=CP 1=DP 6=HP

14% Wall:_14 __2 __7 3=HW 1=LHW 1=SW

101Total:103 __8 _71 24

Reg=Regular, DH=Drill Hit

CP=Catapult Pit, DP=Drill Pit

HP=Hit Pit, HW=Hit Wall

SW=Spring Wall

Why do I keep doing this for? It is because I got tired losing by falling into a pit and running into wall and decided to keep track of my losings to see if I can improve my results. My preferred way to lose is by getting hit. Sorry if it looks bad there.

I was going to skip playing the game this week because I got over million points from my last game. That means they placed me in the millionaires club where half the people get million points. I wanted to try an experiment to skip episode then got into game. However this experiment was success in that it allowed me to skip an entire episode without needing to play the game. I need to perform more tests before I can be certain. I not sure if it skips an entire episode or segment. Either way it is a cool trick.

I needed about 900,000 points to get the last segment but the cheat or whatever you want to call it allowed me to skip the episode completely with 4,000 points.

You know, for someone keeping a log of failures, it seems kinda odd considering you apparently have a cheat code to skip levels that you won't post details about.

I told you that I was getting to it. I could probably skip episodes or segments however though I not want to miss story. It not even necessary to use unless there is no route bonus at end there.

• Thumbs Up 3

I told you that I was getting to it. I could probably skip episodes or segments however though I not want to miss story. It not even necessary to use unless there is no route bonus at end there.

• Thumbs Up 4

Yeah this never happened.

You say you've discovered a trick to skipping stages, post the details so others can try it and verify your claims and result.

You see, this is why everyone thinks you're lying about the glitch. Why not just post the glitch right now and allow Hogfather to test it out for himself? By claiming that you'll ''talk about it some other time'', It makes it sound like you're lying and now trying to cover it up by changing the subject.

• Thumbs Up 2

More details about the glitch another day. Meanwhile continue the discussion as normal.

• Thumbs Up 4

Ah shit.....

So I knew Amy had a 100% animal bonus. .. What I didn't know is how she gets it.

She doesn't boost the animal score by 100% she boost animals caught by 100%.

And this is a level 0 Amy. Potentially Amy could get a much higher animal boost rate through levelling.

Meaning had I known this day 1. I would now be on over 10,000 animals.

Basically for animal rescue events. Amy = God Tier.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh wow!

ok so a level 0 Amy not only boosts animals by 100%. Because her asteroid level is so low. If you collect that asteroid before the mass of yellow enemies. It explodes just after you impact them.

This blows up all of them! Dropping you at max speed. Therefore you can usually pick up 80-90% of those animals.

Since switching to Amy I'm getting nearly 200+ animals per run!

I beat my high score again!

oS19OtSl.jpg

I am at 46-1 and rank 67 slowly moving on up. I hope this gives hope to other regular players that the impossible is possible. Believe and you will achieve. I used to think getting million points was impossible!

So ae you now gonna tell us how to skip levels?

Also thank you Amy Rose! Managed to get all the animals. Amy's bonus is insane! Especially combined with Omachao (level 1) and the skull Chao (level 0), it provides a 215% animal bonus.

Not ever going to level her up either. Her asteroid skill cuts out at the perfect time for those yellow enemies too.

If you guys ever want to walk an animal capture event. Get Amy!

• Thumbs Up 3

Hogfather, you know you can't skip levels in this game so stop asking him. Wasting your time. He's not going to tell us or will continue to dodge the question..........because that method doesn't exist.

I'll eat my hat if he tell us (and it works).

No, no, I want to hear it. I want to hear what he's got to say if he wants to insist his little glitch is real and not just pulled out of his backside.

Meanwhile, Hogfather, which emulator did you use to unlock Amy?

No, no, I want to hear it. I want to hear what he's got to say if he wants to insist his little glitch is real and not just pulled out of his backside.

Meanwhile, Hogfather, which emulator did you use to unlock Amy?

But it IS pulled from his backside. Bulldoze him again if he ever hints or mention this glitch again, but until then he's just gonna dodge the question.

I mean hear what? It doesn't exist!

And I don't expect him either to admit he's lying.

Right, I just got the game running on Andy Roid. In the tutorial, some weird stuff happened, presumably due to the lag making the game run at about 10fps. Enemies started appearing before they were supposed to in the tutorial, so I'd passed all of them before the tutorial that tells you how to defeat them. After that, no more enemies appeared when the game did prompt me to defeat them, so it kept resetting me and telling me to retry. The level started looping in a weird way which caused me to get trapped in a narrow path under the level, before I eventually fell into a pit and then it respawned me at the Eggman battle (while still telling me to defeat enemies). And then the level just... ended. Bottomless pit with no kill zone.

EDIT: Bugger, it appears that unlocking Amy (and the bonus 10 Red Rings to go along with each accepted invite) are still broken. I've done one, and nothing's showing up in my Gift Box. Also, does anyone know where I'd delete all my save data from on Andy Roid? I'll need to do so into order to get a new ID number and accept new invites in the future.

Like this:
4ace76c99f30297257f4552463095495.jpg

Problem is that it's broken right now and you don't get the rewards. And it only works once per ID. If you've already logged in with Facebook without accepting an invite, you can log out and delete the game from you Facebook Apps, which will allow one person to send you an invite so they can get a reward (this is what Hogfather and I did back near launch). 

Bugger, it appears that unlocking Amy (and the bonus 10 Red Rings to go along with each accepted invite) are still broken. I've done one, and nothing's showing up in my Gift Box.

Thank God it's not just my account. I thought my account was broken, but it really does seem unlocking Amy's broken (on iOS).

Also, does anyone know where I'd delete all my save data from on Andy Roid?

So that's Android's real name. XD

Thank God it's not just my account. I thought my account was broken, but it really does seem unlocking Amy's broken (on iOS).

Ah, I knew someone had said something about it not working. It's really quite annoying. Not to mention having 10 people sign up to unlock Amy is a pretty tall order as well. The game makes accepting and sending invites needlessly complicated..

So that's Android's real name. XD

http://www.andyroid.net/

It's the Android emulator I'm using to have a second instance of the game running.

Ah, I knew someone had said something about it not working. It's really quite annoying. Not to mention having 10 people sign up to unlock Amy is a pretty tall order as well. The game makes accepting and sending invites needlessly complicated..

When I got past 10 invites and Amy didn't unlock (I didn't even get 10 Red Star Rings for each invite, but ignored it) that's when my enjoyment of Runners declined. Really wanted Amy, only to probably never get her until Sega gets hit in the head and realize there's a bug here and fixes it.

http://www.andyroid.net/

It's the Android emulator I'm using to have a second instance of the game running.

Boy, do I look stupid now. >.<

• Thumbs Up 2

Holy shit. I'm kicking myself so hard for forgetting to equip my Pumpkin Chao.

bb055c6d727144dfcf75284169e22d5a.jpgea718c8f37f09c1ef7db62ae3dcea193.jpg

I finally broke the 1,000,000 score barrier prior to the addition of boosters and bonuses. Pumpkin Chao would have added an extra 30% to the final score if I remembered to use it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Figured I'd provide some proof as to how good Amy is, sadly this wasn't a great run and I don't want to waste too many lives to prove a point.

This was a bad run.

Here is the total results screen.

Number of companions caught in the stage: 42 (Amy's animal bonus multiplies this by 2), so this becomes 84.

en44mSU.png

Total animals caught: 126

How the companions helped.

MydQMS7.png

When I discovered how useful Amy was the other night, on a speed stage I was often coming away with 200-300 animals, if they fix her unlock bug, you guys really need to et her, she's an absolute beast when it comes to these animal events.

Now, because each character can boost their various bonuses, it's possible for her to get an even better one, however I would advise against this. A low level amy spends a lot less time in colour powers, with that asteroid wisp which goes through the yellow enemies, she comes out of it right in the middle of the bunch, all the badniks explode and you have more than enough time to capture them, I was able to get 20+ from this little trick alone. 

Low level Amy is suddenly very useful in the right circumstances. 

Also, does anyone know where I'd delete all my save data from on Andy Roid? I'll need to do so into order to get a new ID number and accept new invites in the future.

How I did it was to uninstall Runners from Andy, then reload the apk into it. 

I think you just drag and drop the icon into the uninstall recycle bin within Andy itself and it does it.

Then just put the apk back on as you originally did.

• Thumbs Up 1