Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

The game sends you a push notification saying "Pre register for the Phantasy Star Online 2" companion...

Boot up the game to find it's still for Japan only...

Incredible.

What do I need to do/click on in order to do it if I'm not Japanese?

I just clicked the first thing I see and use google translate

I pressed the first button and then it tells me to insert an email adress.

Then I got a some sort of code, 15-20 characters long. And it tells me to verify(?) it by clicking the link on the email they just sent me

And you have to open the email on your phone to do this

After I clicked the link, I dunno what the message means. Maybe when the claim period comes, I have to use that link to retrieve my prize

CMIIW

r4QTFXQl.jpg

Looks like they changed the high score rewards and it appears you get slightly less rings and red star rings reward.

XNDcEB5l.jpg

WARNING! To those who reach episode 41-3 in Boss Battle. It is impossible to not get hit by the bouncing spikes. If you not jump or you jump then you will get hit.

This how I get ready when starting Boss Battle.

I use sub character mainly use Knuckles with the other not usually matter. This episode I was using Tails character. I use 3 power ups which are 1=One of the three color power up wisps, 2=Shield, and 3=Invincibility which oddly lasts 30 seconds for some reason. I use Caliburn and Wizard Chao for Companions than.

The way it's worked out though, nobody in TTT's division is using Merlina or Shahra, so they likely aren't cheating. The game makes the divisions on players who play and score similarly. Its actually quite far. All the cheaters seem to be getting lumped together.

And TTT, it's based on your high score I believe.

Ya8atOQl.jpg

Why the heck did you have to be right?! That makes this game more cruel! And I mean cruel to the maximum. Look at the picture! LOOK AT THE PICTURE! What do you see? I see first place! At 1a MT 11 hours before rankings reset I was in 18th place on high scores. I come to find out 5 people pushed me down and I'm like what the heck! Seriously thought it was based on averaging the 2 different high scores. The high scores are much harder to do well on then compared to total scores. I worked hard on those points.

Thing is, total score doesn't really measure how well you did. It's just how much you bothered to grind.

• Thumbs Up 2

When the league tables updated just now my reward was 16,000 rings and 3 red star rings (I stayed in the same league) instead of the previous reward system of about 70,000 rings.

That is a massive drop in generosity. Sonic Team can fuck off.

So has anyone here got promoted today? What was your reward? You're supposed to get Shahra.

When the league tables updated just now my reward was 16,000 rings and 3 red star rings (I'd stayed in the same league) instead of the previous reward system of about 70,000 rings.

That is a massive drop in generosity. Sonic Team can fuck off.

I got promoted, no sign of Shahra. Gonna have to look again. I play this game less than when it first came out but I still really enjoy it, gotta get into the groove of getting those really high scores again. 

Why the heck did you have to be right?! That makes this game more cruel! And I mean cruel to the maximum. Look at the picture! LOOK AT THE PICTURE! What do you see? I see first place! At 1a MT 11 hours before rankings reset I was in 18th place on high scores. I come to find out 5 people pushed me down and I'm like what the heck! Seriously thought it was based on averaging the 2 different high scores. The high scores are much harder to do well on then compared to total scores. I worked hard on those points.

BxvXOEVl.jpg

Previous High Score: 842,267

New High Score: 1,050,342

I DID IT! Finally I beat my high score during my first break at work. I was shaking with excitement from it. Not only did I beat my high score by over 200,000 points, I beat it using only 1 character which was Sonic only. Not only that but I came to the closest of finishing the fourth part of the stage. Not only that but I got over 1,000,000 points for the first time ever! I should be guaranteed to move up to rank C*** since in my league division that is not common. I hope it not become common. It was nice to hear "New Record!" sound again! I was shocked playing the game because my break was over but I would not lose. I even lost in a normal way, not by something cruel and stupid like running into wall than. Unfortunately though I probably not likely to beat that high score. Lol!

ok , i manged to collect all the companions excpet for the last 3

and found i missed Merlina , in my old phone sh was level 2 , but that phone is lost

and start new game , but i don't have her

how to get her again ?

BTW , i finally manged to get past the "Top Speed"

after that it will give me no text . just repeat the last run without coins

its goes forever

Tetris shapes you into manhood.

When my grandfather woke up in the crack of dawn, 5 in the morning with nothing but a faint, dark blue sky, his father before him would make him get up, wearing nothing but shorts and a t-shirt and chop wood with a blunt axe in 30 degree Rochesterian weather in the deep snow. Once he had chopped 73 sets of firewood, he would play Tetris up to level 10 at least 10 times before breakfast at 10 in the morning. He ate T-blocks without the syrup.

This is the legacy that my family is built on. Salty, sweaty manhood. Then I was born and started playing Sonic.

I was shunned as an outcast I'm still fighting for my paternal grandfather's respect. 

If only...

• Thumbs Up 6

Well.... When I was a lad, we had to walk fifteen miles through the snow and rain in order to play Tetris, we could only play it for 10min before the battery ran out, and we were lucky if the light was right or else we couldn't even see the screen!

Those days turned boys into men! We were taught to consider ourselves lucky! And we were!

During the days of the great battery shortage, we had to play with the sound off! None of this rechargeable battery nonsense! We had to go outside, dig up coal and kill any rats that came out from under the coal pit! If the sun were ever out, we had to rub two bits of copper together to make a battery and then dip them into water to make electricity for the game.

Then if Jimmy brought over a wall charger, his mum wouldn't let us sit in the house to play, we had to plug it into spare room which had no heating because of the pigeons!

These kids these days don't know they're born!

And Runners is still all-right, think my new long term goal is to get Espio to rank 100. Still not beaten the game since I'm only really doing the game for the daily challenges.

If the people who made Sonic Runners made Tetris they would make Tetris turn into a cruel game with no mercy. They would have it where if you moved the Tetris piece further left or right when you can not move it further left or right you would lose.

cruel

I don't think you know what the word cruel means.

Because it certainly doesn't describe Runners one bit. 

• Thumbs Up 6

If the people who made Sonic Runners made Tetris they would make Tetris turn into a cruel game with no mercy. They would have it where if you moved the Tetris piece further left or right when you can not move it further left or right you would lose.

Things like this is why I'm glad I grind the hell out of Runners since the first 2 months. Now I'm on Rank 218, with all of the companions and with all 3 Chaotixes under my belt, and Level 100 Espio and Level 82 Vector, and always using the secondary character because it's guaranteed that I'm going to collect more than 4000 rings, and I always get 1000000 score per run. Especially with Shahra and Merlina (they're broken). All I have to do is just relax now

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't think you know what the word cruel means.

Because it certainly doesn't describe Runners one bit.

Where do I begin with describing the cruelties of Sonic Runners game? Well first off, for highly skilled players this game may not be as cruel or irritating, but for regular skilled and lowered skilled players, it is incredibly cruel or irritating. Perhaps the word cruel is too strong of a word for some, but for me and others this describes it nicely. Being that it is a F2P game, it is expected that it will have some cruel gaming elements to it.

I will describe some of the elements in the game that I find to be cruel.

1. The Instant Death Walls

You are running and jumping then suddenly you see it. The wall the most innocent thing turned into your worst enemy! They usually have spikes right next to the wall to make sure you are guaranteed to lose (See number 3.). In some occasions you can escape the wall but only if you are fast and there are no spikes. In about 1 second you lose if you not realize you are stuck at a wall there.

2. The Pits

This actually not as cruel, but it is annoying at how many there are.

3. I Been Hit

You get hit then suddenly you are unable to control your character. You are not safe either while you are unable to control your character for that one second. It is common that you will fall into a pit or run into wall when you are unable to control your character for that 1 second. It sucks because it would not have happened if you could simply move immediately when hit in the game play.

4. Collecting Items as Chip or Wisp

I noticed that when Chip touches the items, you actually not collect the various items. If you select items to use in the game, but not actually use them, you not get them back. The wisps might do similar thing there not sure.

5. The Catapult Lever

If you fail to use it properly, then you usually fall into a pit and usually will lose your combo bonus. You can not move until you are on land or pit.

That should be most of the ways the game causes annoyances. I will say they get lots of the game elements right. But unfortunately they show no mercy in how easy it is to lose. I not know what else to call it but except cruel.

will it ever come out in the USA?

No. You will need to travel to Antarctica to download the title.

Phantasy Star Online has arrived... as companions in Sonic Runners

1779710_1410772722575163_108788693559038

Stock up on them Red Rings

*These companions ARE GONE when the promotion period ends

• Thumbs Up 3

1. The Instant Death Walls

You are running and jumping then suddenly you see it. The wall the most innocent thing turned into your worst enemy! They usually have spikes right next to the wall to make sure you are guaranteed to lose

The problem here is you are not very good. if you are complaining about this, you are just not very good at it. You have ample time to jump these. Jump them.

2. The Pits

This actually not as cruel, but it is annoying at how many there are.

You can jump over them.

3. I Been Hit

You get hit then suddenly you are unable to control your character. You are not safe either while you are unable to control your character for that one second. It is common that you will fall into a pit or run into wall when you are unable to control your character for that 1 second. It sucks because it would not have happened if you could simply move immediately when hit in the game play.

It is not common place at all, there are maybe one or two areas per character zone where this happens. It sucks, but it's nowhere near a problem as you make it out to be.

4. Collecting Items as Chip or Wisp

I noticed that when Chip touches the items, you actually not collect the various items. If you select items to use in the game, but not actually use them, you not get them back. The wisps might do similar thing there not sure.

Why the hell would collecting items as Chip be useful when you are dead?

You do collect items as wisps and it does have an effect. The only items which do not have an effect are rival wisp powers.

5. The Catapult Lever

If you fail to use it properly, then you usually fall into a pit and usually will lose your combo bonus. You can not move until you are on land or pit.

Another over exaggeration. Most of these do not result in an instant death, I can name just one which does which is on a Tails stage.

If you are not confident in them, do not attempt them, jump over them. If you fail them, guess what, you're bad at the game.

The game isn't cruel, you are just not very good at it and are looking for excuses, sorry but that's how it seems, most of these complaints are exaggerations or a failing on your ability to play it.

Phantasy Star Companions.

To be honest... those are... kinda naff... unless the score bonus is really good, there isn't much point in going out of your way for these, the default companions all have these abilities except for the destroy spikes one(?) which I can only see having much use in the final section.

• Thumbs Up 3

i just got this message for the candian version ( apk )

bkV3Bx1.jpg

i hope i can install the updated apk and continue just like first time