Awoo.

Splatoon! Bow to your immortal queen, and indisputed best girl- Marie

YoshiUnity

The last stage comes tonight.

tumblr_o1a5e6pHqn1u3akyno1_540.jpg

tumblr_o1a5e6pHqn1u3akyno2_400.jpgtumblr_o1a5e6pHqn1u3akyno3_400.jpg

A new stage, Ancho-V Games, is joining the rotation tomorrow (1/21) at 6:00 pm PT. The setting this time around is inside the offices of the developers of hit indie games like “Squid Jump.” Keep an eye out for some of the jellyfish development team, hard at work (and under a strict NDA!) on their next title. Hope they don’t mind the mess!

One feature of this stage are the PC-fan shaped propellers that can be inked to move portions of the floor. Use these to exploit the stage’s verticality and gain the high ground over your opponents. What role do these things play in game development, anyway?

Also, this will be the last of the new stages to be added. Do you have any faves? You may find that you can change your impression of stages that aren’t your favorite by changing the ways you move through them. Study the maps using the “Recon” mode and create your own patterns of attack. That will help you gain the advantage in any battle situation.

Do whatever it takes to make your time battling as fun as possible! The good times don’t end here, friends!

tumblr_inline_o1a5rdgGGU1t4m0j9_1280.jpgtumblr_inline_o1a5rhq6zZ1t4m0j9_1280.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like Pokemon's 20th Anniversary is crossing over into Splatoon!

tumblr_o2errsslPu1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

BREAKING NEWS! We’ve just learned that the next Splatfest is being presented by none other than… drumroll, please…  Pokémon!

Head to the Inkopolis Plaza and select which game is your favorite: Pokémon Red or Pokémon Blue!

This Splatfest will begin on February 19 at 10:00 PM PT and will run until February 20 at 10:00 PM PT.
This Splatfest will also happen simultaneously around the world. Like any other Splatfest, however, players you get matched with will be from your region, and the results will also be tallied by each region.

By the way, did you know that in Japan the first Pokémon game was released in a “Red Version” and a “Green Version,” but in North America and Europe, the two versions were “Red Version” and “Blue Version.”  So for this Splatfest, in North America, it will be “Red vs Blue.”

• Thumbs Up 2

Shit! I should have gotten this game on Gamefly instead of Mario Maker! I could have played with you guys. :(

Nonetheless, go Team Red!

Woo! I haven't played Splatoon in literally months, so this will be exciting, coming back for a Splatfest! Just gotta make sure I get all my homework done super fast so I have the whole day to battle away. :P I'll be fighting on team Blue! 

Here are the results of the US Pokémon Splatfest, first starting with the US (Red VS Blue):

• Popularity: 55% > 45%
  • Wins: 41% < 59%
  • Final Results: 301 < 399
  • Team Pokémon Blue Wins

Marie: Yes! Pokémon Blue Wins! WATER GUNNNNNNN!

Callie: Not fair! Your team had the type advantage! Oh yeah, Marie, about that Vulpix you traded me... How do I change its nickname from BLUEISBEST? Marie? MARIE!

It looks like in Europe and Japan, Pokemon Red lost in as well.

• Thumbs Up 4

The least popular team always wins, as a general rule of thumb for Splatfests. So I was expecting this result.

Still that was a really fun theme. I hope there's more Nintendo themed Splatfests in the future.

Yeah, I had a gut feeling that Pokemon Blue was going to win, but dealing with the matches I had, the feeling was confirmed. I was still on Pokemon Red but whenever I was in a match, I had to be the one to take charge since the team wouldn't advance, and would occasionally fight my own dudes because there weren't enough Pokemon Blue Team members.

And if I didn't use the 52 Gal. I would use the Hydra Splatting or the Aerospray.  Taking charge with the 52. Gal and AeroSpray? Manageable. Taking charge with the Hydra? Uphill battle since I had to constantly watch my own back. But still there were some good teams to be apart on the Poke Red team and I did have fun in those instances.

Still, I guess I'll just have to side with the least popular team in order to have a chance. Though. I kind of don't like it because I feel like I'm choosing a team for chance than what I actually like. But if it gives me more Sea Snails then so be it. Still, congrats to Team Pokemon Blue. They came to play so I definitely can't fault them for that.

Woooo! For once the team I join wins! ^0^

Sadly I was only able to clock in maybe 5 games? And only won 2 of them? Honestly I felt like Blue was going to lose because of often my team sucked. But I guess in the end Red lost everywhere. Funnily enough, I see most people talk about Pokemon Red saying it's better than Blue. Well, looks like they are all bark and no bite. :^)

Though in all seriousness it did come pretty close. Just wish my internet was more stable, or, at least the Splatoon servers? I dunno what was up but I couldn't go 10 seconds in a game without getting a connection error. :/ Oh well, maybe next time it will work better. 

1 hour ago, Brad said:

The least popular team always wins, as a general rule of thumb for Splatfests. So I was expecting this result.

Still that was a really fun theme. I hope there's more Nintendo themed Splatfests in the future.

I don't think so. If I recall correctly team art was more popular than team science and had more wins then them.

Just now, ElectricAngel said:

Woooo! For once the team I join wins! ^0^

Sadly I was only able to clock in maybe 5 games? And only won 2 of them? Honestly I felt like Blue was going to lose because of often my team sucked. But I guess in the end Red lost everywhere. Funnily enough, I see most people talk about Pokemon Red saying it's better than Blue. Well, looks like they are all bark and no bite. :^)

Though in all seriousness it did come pretty close. Just wish my internet was more stable, or, at least the Splatoon servers? I dunno what was up but I couldn't go 10 seconds in a game without getting a connection error. :/ Oh well, maybe next time it will work better. 

Oh God I feel your pain seriously screw the connection errors. That has been a problem I had with the game which is why I don't play it as much as I want too. Splatoon is the only game where this happens to me, smash 4 and mario kart 8 are fine and I have no problem getting on miiverse and the eshop. 

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

I don't think so. If I recall correctly team art was more popular than team science and had more wins then them.

As I said, general rule of thumb. Not an absolute - this has been my general train of thought since Barbarian (23%) won against Ninja (77%) in the EU. It's happened plenty of times in the past too with Naughty (41%) vs Nice (59%), Past (39%) vs Future (61%), Burgers (37%) vs Pizza (63%). Guess which side won...?

Art vs Science were only 2% apart so it's not hard to imagine the score being slightly in one or the other's favour, which it was. It's mostly down to the new x6 multiplier given to results which seems to be the standard now. 

• Thumbs Up 1

My experience in this splatfest, what with being on the Blue side, was mostly wins (just a few losses), and quite a few of them ended up with my team just spawncamping the enemy. I even got my first zero-death match with 14 kills, and that was with the Zink Mini Splatling, which I had only just bought in order to see if I could finally use something other than the ever-reliable Splattershot Jr. (The answer to that was yes, I spent the rest of the splatfest using it, the range and power made up for the slight charge time.) It was just astonishing how easy those matches mostly were.

• 2 weeks later...

We're not done yet!

Ccp9rvnVIAA9-2M.jpg:large

Two free #Splatoon updates are coming! The first balances gear and updates the matchmaking system on 3/8. 

Ccp9zMBUUAIoP-r.jpg:large

A later #Splatoon update will add new weapon combos under the name “Sheldon’s Picks.”

Here's information on Update 2.6:

Version 2.6.0

Stage Adjustments:

-Object placement in Regular Battle for the following stages will be changed to match that in Splat Zones.

• Arowana Mall
  • Moray Towers

Matchmaking and Team Assignment Adjustments:

-Until now, team assignments in Ranked Battle were completely random, but some consideration will now be given to equipped weapons when assigning teams.

-Ranked Battle Matchmaking will be changed so that players of the following ranks are not matched together.

• S+ and S
  • S and A+
  • A- and B+
  • B- and C+
  • This change may be subject to further adjustment depending on changes to matchmaking times that occur as a result.

Changes to Rank Points:

-During Ranked Battles, when a team plays at a disadvantage due to unavoidable issues such as teammates being disconnected, and then loses, the winning team’s points will be decreased by an amount proportional to the time they benefited from the above conditions.

Gear Ability Adjustments:

-Adjustments have been made to the efficacy of certain Gear Abilities.

Splatfest Changes:

-During Splatfests what was previously the Vibe Meter will now display your Splatfest Power.

• Initial Splatfest Power level depends upon your current Ranked Battle rank.
  • Splatfest Power level will change depending on wins or losses during Splatfest Battles.
  • The player with the highest Splatfest Power on the winning team will receive a slightly larger boost to their Splatfest Power than their teammates after the match.

-Until now, Splatfest matchmaking favored grouping players with similar play styles. Players will now be more likely to play with those of similar Splatfest Power level.

-The higher a team’s average Splatfest Power level, the more Splatfest Points they will earn after winning.

• 2 weeks later...

tumblr_o3sr7zLCab1u3akyno1_1280.png

Just in from the European Squid Research Lab branch:
Splatoon has sold 1,000,000 copies in Europe! Check out this drawing to thank you all for being part of it!

Also, the next Splatfest will be Snowmen VS Sand Castles....

tumblr_o41g7yDLuY1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

SPLATFEST INCOMING!!!

Do you want to build a snowman? Or would you rather soak up the sun on a beach while building the perfect sand castle? Head to the Inkopolis Plaza and pick a side - because we’re settling this the old-fashioned way - with a Splatfest! (Thanks in advance for not questioning that the old-fashioned way is less than a year old.)
WINTER IS COMING (or summer, if you’re Team Sand Castle) this Friday starting at 9 PM PT. 

tumblr_o41gchtSFC1u3akyno2_540.jpgtumblr_o41gchtSFC1u3akyno1_540.jpg

One of our interns has learned that starting with this Splatfest, you may notice some small improvements and differences!

During Splatfest, what was previously the Vibe Meter will now display your Splatfest Power. Your initial Splatfest Power level depends upon your current Ranked Battle rank, and your Splatfest Power level will change depending on wins or losses during Splatfest Battles.

The player with the highest Splatfest Power on the winning team will receive a slightly larger boost to their Splatfest Power than their teammates after the match.

Also – until now, Splatfest matchmaking favored grouping players with similar play styles. Players will now be more likely to play with those of similar Splatfest Power level. The higher a team’s average Splatfest Power level, the more Splatfest Points they will earn after winning.

Edited by Sonictrainer
Splatfest Changes

The results for the Snowman VS Sandcastle Splatfest are in:

• Popularity: 53% > 47%
  • Wins: 48% < 52%
  • Final Results: 341 < 359
  • TEAM SANDCASTLE WINS

Callie: Snooooooooooow!

Marie: Team Sandcastle wins! Great Job, my sandy champions!

Also a new feature has been added to the Splat Net website showing the top 100 players of the Splatfests.

tumblr_o45o8iDfgm1u3akyno1_1280.jpgtumblr_inline_o45o35Wgvx1t4m0j9_1280.jpgtumblr_inline_o45o4hL5ee1t4m0j9_1280.jpgtumblr_inline_o45o5q1wQq1t4m0j9_1280.jpg

♫ Do you want to build a snowman? It doesn’t have to be a snowman – it could be a sandcastle! The snow-sand grudge match Splatfest starts tonight at 9 PM PT, and alongside it, we’re introducing the Splatfest Top 100!

What is the Splatfest Top 100? Starting from Splatfest this weekend, the top 100 players in each team will be praised as the “Splatfest Top 100”. Technically, 200 players will earn the honor – since the top 100 from each side will be tallied, but who’s counting, right? Rankings will be based on players’ Splatfest Power earned throughout the duration of Splatfest. 

How can you tell who makes the Top 100? There will be an update on the SplatNet stat-tracking site, where you will be able to see your Splatfest Power ranking.

If you’re in the Top 100, you’ll see a sweet trophy icon next to your name. You won’t be seeing our intern Milton’s name here, that’s for sure! (That’s because he’s on spring break, not because he’s still sporting a spectacular C- in Ranked Battle.)

After Splatfest is over, you can tweet the image just like other rankings.

In addition, after Splatfest has concluded, we’ll have our Squid Research Lab interns post a report here at the Squid Research Lab that lists all Top 100 players from each team. We hope to see your name in the Top 100!

• 3 weeks later...

tumblr_o5a9h1PfKZ1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

[Public Squid Announcement!] The Ver. 2.7.0 Update will be  released on the evening of April 12th. Hey, that’s next week! As  usual, check out here for the full deets of what’s included.

In preparation for this update, the Splatoon server will be under maintenance from 4:50 PM PT – 6:00 PM PT on April 12, and during this time, Splatoon’s online services will be unavailable. 

Also coming the evening of April 12 at 7 PM PT are eight  weapons, known as Sheldon’s Picks Vol. 1. Let’s take a sneak peek at a few of  ‘em before they become available in Ammo Knights!

tumblr_o5a9j6oHBH1u3akyno1_540.jpg

First up is the Wasabi Splattershot. This beauty is a Splattershot set featuring a few key adjustments by Sheldon. The main weapon is pretty much the same as before, but Splat Bombs amp up its frontline capability. Alternatively, try calling in an Inkstrike to scatter the opposition and give your teammates the advantage. This is just the set for the discerning Inkling looking for something spicy! 

tumblr_o5a9l0FR5o1u3akyno1_540.jpg

Behold the Berry Splattershot Pro! Don’t let the  tasty paint job fool ya! This remixed Splattershot Pro includes Suction Bombs and Bomb Rush to help punch through the opponent’s defenses, letting you  finish things off with the great firing range of the main.

tumblr_o5a9pvBI3K1u3akyno1_540.jpg

The new and improved Fresh Squiffer is a Classic Squiffer retooled to allow a different approach. Pairing  Suction Bombs with the Squiffer makes it even easier to get the upper hand in battle, and you can quickly turn the tables on foes with the Kraken! Definitely not a set for squids who are afraid to get their tentacles dirty!

tumblr_o5a9rhfSmH1u3akyno1_540.jpg

The Permanent Inkbrush is a set remixed by Sheldon to include the high-powered sub of Splat Bombs while retaining the great mobility of earlier models. Recommended for aggressive Inklings with an uncontrollable urge to wreak maximum havoc. Watch out for the Kraken special! 

Can't wait to try them out!

No joke: The next Splatfest for both the US AND Europe is Spongebob or Patrick.

21j6qyu.jpg

On April 23, Nintendo is partnering with Nickelodeon to bring a SpongeBob SquarePants-themed Splatfest competition to the Splatoon game for the Wii U console. Players will be asked to declare their allegiance to either the world’s most lovable sponge, SpongeBob SquarePants, or his starfish sidekick, Patrick Star, from Nickelodeon’s animated television show SpongeBob SquarePants. SpongeBob and Patrick will feel right at home in the squid-themed Splatoon game. Squidward was not invited.

Poor Squidward. At least he'll be at home on Miiverse during this. XD

• Thumbs Up 3

Well, if they did Transformers, anything's possible.

Now where is the Captain America or Iron Man Splatfest?

8 hours ago, Rocket Prince CC14 said:

Poor Squidward. At least he'll be at home on Miiverse during this. XD

tumblr_o5moqn6bgg1ra1vfao1_1280.jpg

Everyone hates Squidward

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

Here are the Results for the Spongebob VS Patrick Splatfest:

• Popularity: 57% > 43%
  • Wins: 45% < 55%
  • Final Results: 327 < 373
  • TEAM PATRICK WINS

Marie: Team Patrick! We wumbo'd our way to victory! Mermaid Man would be proud!

Callie: Barnacles...

Callie: If prizes for Splatfest be something you wish...

Marie: then drop by the Plaza and flop like a fish!

I noticed this one lasted longer than 24 hours.