Awoo.

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric (Wii U)

Bluecore

Check the video if you don't believe me, you defeat the boss by throwing something at it, you don't actually attack the boss at all.

Yes you do. Once Eggman falls down, Sonic beats the shit out of him.

but yeah, it's focused on using outside objects to take them down.

edit: LOL. we all posted the same thing oops

Oh, we should probably remember that this is indeed early alpha footage.

Based on what exactly??

We should also remember the game is going to release in five months, so unless the development team gets their shit together after the initial backlash, there's no way they can fix the mistakes already made at this point.

Halfway in.

Thanks Autosaver.

It's a game that's made for the purpose of creating a new franchise, boy does it show in that video. It's like everything that made me dislike 3D Sonic games were present in that video. I'm not going to hold it against the development team for doing something different since it is a spin-off, but I just wish they'd at least done it well.

What I saw looked lazy, especially that speed section. It's like Starlight Carnival without the visual eye candy. SMH.

Check the video if you don't believe me, you defeat the boss by throwing something at it, you don't actually attack the boss at all.

I don't actually mind that.

Throwing dudes into other dudes is one of my favorite video game things, actually.

• Thumbs Up 8

Well, it's gonna be playable at E3; I would think they're confident in that build. If it still looks bad then, we have a big problemo.

The guy only said that the demo he played seemed like an early build, not that it was.

LOL

If this is Alpha, then this game shouldn't be released this year.

Well I'm pretty sure we see it like this!

Is that before or after they use Enderbeams to throw the missiles back at him in order to be able to deliver those hits?

Come on guys really? You have three different bosses here and they are all taken out by the same method. Use the beams to throw something at it. It's right there! Right at the end of the video, you can see the player throwing the missiles back at Eggman in order to be able to do team enderbeam attack.

I don't actually mind that.

Throwing dudes into other dudes is one of my favorite video game things, actually.

First three bosses we've seen though, and they all rely on this enderbeam attack.

If it is indeed early alpha footage, why the hell didn't they just show off better footage?

Oh, yeah, I do HATE how the Enerbeam thing is overshadowing actual Sonic gameplay. That's just stupid and unnecessary.

Did ANYONE save the 3DS footage? It's driving me mad that I can't see any of it.

Yeah I got it. I'm currently uploading it to MediaFire if that's okay with everyone. Gonna post links once it's done. However my Internet is crawling at a slow pace so it could take a little while. 

Edit: Yeah, never mind what I said. NastCF's got a YouTube link. 

Edited by SwiftWinds

Oh, yeah, I do HATE how the Enerbeam thing is overshadowing actual Sonic gameplay. That's just stupid and unnecessary.

The show's action scene gimmick, this universe's gimmick is unnecessary? Look, the Enerbeam is a thing in Boom. Get over it, or don't, but don't act like it doesn't have a place here as if it were the SEGASonic continuity.

• Thumbs Up 5

Center mouth what is this 2007?

That's a nasty shader in those close ups. The blue arms plus the sports tape on the wrists makes sonic's arms look really short in a lot of shots.

Much as I said, really bland Lego game combat connected by really plain speed sections. I'm actually a little surprised you have any control during them at all.

Is that before or after they use Enderbeams to throw the missiles back at him in order to be able to deliver those hits?

Come on guys really? You have three different bosses here and they are all taken out by the same method. Use the beams to throw something at it. It's right there! Right at the end of the video, you can see the player throwing the missiles back at Eggman in order to be able to do team enderbeam attack.

First three bosses we've seen though, and they all rely on this enderbeam attack.

But, but, Hogfather, they HAVE to sell this brand new cool-looking Enerbeam mechanic that has absolutely nothing to do with actual Sonic games, don't they? How else can they show off how INTEGRAL the shitty Enerbeam is to the Sonic Boom universe?

LOL

If this is Alpha, then this game shouldn't be released this year.

I think people are not understanding what GameXplain meant by alpha and beta builds.The current build of the game is NOT alpha, the build of the game played was alpha.

What this means is that "playable" versions of the game are released but based on older code. This is most notable when GameXplain noticed tons of glitches and performance issues on the version he played. However, the footage shown was based on a newer build (beta?) which had none of the issues.

The E3 version is probably going to be a more recent version based on newer code. The alpha/beta thing doesn't mean the game is in early development.

• Thumbs Up 5

The show's action scene gimmick, this universe's gimmick is unnecessary? Look, the Enerbeam is a thing in Boom. Get over it, or don't, but don't act like it doesn't have a place here as if it were the SEGASonic continuity.

I'm well aware the Enerbeam is an integral part of Sonic Boom. That doesn't change the fact of: why is it so integral, and why must EVERYTHING revolve around the Enerbeam? It can be a major part of the game without constantly having to use it for every little thing, especially when it comes to the bosses all playing almost identical to one another so far based on what we've seen.

...It looks better than it's Wii U counterpart?

I see people keep saying this but for the life of me i just do not get what makes this better. 

It's really ugly and unappealing to look at, it's rather slow, so even if it was trying to imitate Rush's style it misses the main point of it..I dunno it just looks really really subpar, on the same level of Gens 3DS to me

• Thumbs Up 8

I see people keep saying this but for the life of me i just do not get what makes this better.

I think it's the lack of combat and similarity toward previous Sonic games. There's also a huge portion of SSMB that loves metroidvania titles.

I know I'm late, but

The Wii U version has a shit load of 2D in the speed sections (even though it looks like its completely automated to the point where its a 2.5D version of the mach-speed section from 06) too, which I find to be pretty annoying...

Really? Man, I was hoping this would at least finally be a 3D Sonic game that didn't have 2D sections again.. Ah, well..