Awoo.

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric (Wii U)

Bluecore

Seriously? Why in the world are we talking about omote's motives and berating him and his character yet again when not only is he not in this topic to defend himself in the first place, but Kiah has already put her foot down on the matter?

Anymore diversions about him or any other members will warrant a strike on sight. Same with talking over the staff. I'm sick and tired of I and others having to reiterate our instructions two and three times in a row. I feel we command a little bit more respect than that. So no more about this and get back on topic.

• Thumbs Up 3

Ah. Yes. I've got the Generations sountrack, so I can look that up easily enough...

Oh, rambling on.

Now that the magazine has actually been released, I can say that the ONM E3 preview of Sonic Boom only really gave info on what was in the game, but they did have this to say at the end.

"We worry that Big Red Button and Sanzaru Games may have bitten off more than they can chew, however, and while there's a lot going on in Rise of Lyric in particular, there's very little new or interesting gameplay-wise. Whatever their faults, Sonic Team always brought something fresh to every entry and that almost desperate innovation appears to be lacking here. Whether it's a safe action-adventure game, or something more exciting, remains to be seen, but we hope you're ready to find out this November."

It seems they very much cannot make up their minds, but am willing to give it a try. I reckon a bigger preview will feature next month with more impressions, as with all the other games at E3 [this month was more a roundup], and that maybe their minds will be more formed on a proper opinion.

Oh. Fun Fact - Tails is mentioned as being a squirrel in the panel about Sonic's friends, but let's be honest. This magazine has been through a lot of staff and make a lot of mistakes regularly [i've seen about ten already and I'm only half way through it]. That's not really surprising though, since the magazine itself is on barebones staff.

I could have sworn everyone hated the whole "fresh" thing Sonic Team was doing? Ah, what's it matter anymore, I'm still hooked on that water running and stages seen in the very first Trailer. I guess Tails can only use air currents to traverse upwards with his fly, which isn't inherently bad but really not what'd I'd like. But it's understandable because when using [hacks/mods/cheats] to get Tails mechless into SA2 stages he also just hovered. Whether or not it was meant to be that way I don't know.

I can see the reason for that design choice though as designing stages would have to be at least 2x in length and account for much more skipping (which still seems very possible just look at Knuckles glide in SA2 speed stages.)

Knuckles gliding would be redundant BUT I still would have liked to see it. Since he can't grab any wall (which again, makes sense) it would work well as one of his non forced? should I say moves. Like rather situational move. Unless there's a lot of wall climb paths it seems too situational, which the glide would make up for. Make Tails fly go up a few seconds then he starts dropping to differentiate it from the glide and Knuckles glide would be one of the lesser situational moves.

Like the spindash, whatever Amy has, Tails fly, those can be used in situations but also usable whenever you want, unlike Knuckles wall climb. Just my opinion, I guess ideas for any more games to come I guess.

Ahh I'm still caught up on that water run. 

Sonic_Boom_Sonic_Running_on_Water.png

• Thumbs Up 1

I think this Jaques guy's music actually really fits this game- it's very adventure-y, very kinda rpg-like. And that fits- this is an adventure game! And it is an RPG, too... and it's always interesting to see a former member of the team return! From what I heard in the demo footage, I actually really liked it- it had an impact on me, and I remembered "yeah, I liked that!"

Knuckles gliding would be redundant BUT I still would have liked to see it.

I think Knuckles may be too big and heavy to glide now anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm only buying this because it has combat and platforming in it. My first sonic game was sonic unleashed, and I hated the day stages the most cause I only bought sonic unleashed for the combat in it. Werehog was clunky but, I liked it overall. I like sonic but, just not the games, I'm also glad that I can play as knux. This is the only post that I'm posting.

I'm only buying this because it has combat and platforming in it. My first sonic game was sonic unleashed, and I hated the day stages the most cause I only bought sonic unleashed for the combat in it. Werehog was clunky but, I liked it overall. I like sonic but, just not the games, I'm also glad that I can play as knux. This is the only post that I'm posting.

So you like Sonic the character, but you dislike the high speed platforming gameplay the series is known for, and are interested in Boom because it has less of that and more combat, which you do like?

Alright.

(No part of this post is meant to sound sarcastic.)

So you like Sonic the character, but you dislike the high speed platforming gameplay the series is known for, and are interested in Boom because it has less of that and more combat, which you do like?

Alright.

(No part of this post is meant to sound sarcastic.)

I like both, tbh. If sonic didn't have his speed than, I would say it's the best francise ever.

That's actually quite interesting. I've never seen that before~ but welcome nonetheless and hopefully you'll like Boom then!

I wonder if the water running is a part of the speed stages or something that like, when you get to top speed you can do it. Maybe it's an ability. This has me interested because I wonder if it's a part of a full level or the hub world.

That's actually quite interesting. I've never seen that before~ but welcome nonetheless and hopefully you'll like Boom then!

I wonder if the water running is a part of the speed stages or something that like, when you get to top speed you can do it. Maybe it's an ability. This has me interested because I wonder if it's a part of a full level or the hub world.

Are you talking to me?

It may actually be part of a hub, now that I think about it. Running across the water probably takes you to different parts of the hub or different stages depending on which direction you decide to run. The rings are probably the same speed rings we saw at the beach; you run through them to keep Sonic running at "boost speed."

The concern I have with Boom isn't that the game is not "Sonicy" enough, but rather the elements that make up Sonic have been jumbled around, with new mechanics further disrupting the balance. Most Sonic games either had a balance between speed and platforming, or one had a bit more focus over the other. Unleashed was weird because there was a much larger emphasis on speed, but that wasn't the whole game. Boom is kind of continuing this trend in a way, separating the elements into sections. Now Sonic is fighting, now he is searching for something, now he is going fast, now he is doing a little bit of platforming before fighting again...

The first sentence, yeah- everything else was to everyone.

Oh ok, I was straining myself too hard to figure out that comment. I now regret it because my head hurts and stomach also hurts.

Now that I think about it- did any Jak/Daxter -Ratchet/Clank games have water? Water isn't that big of a part of Sonic as much now but I wonder if this game will have any water interaction outside of running on it. 

I really wonder how future levels will play out seeing as how they purposefully showed off the non-Sonicy parts, I wonder how Sonicy the rest gets. 

If Stephen Frost wasn't so tired [implying that he is : P] from E3, I wish we could get another interview [implying that he would even spill the beans : P] 

So yeah- 

Hype train is running out of fuel ya'll, all the debate evaporated the fuel!

this is actually an inter view on the 3ds version.

But her state that the game has been in development for about a year and it make me wonder if the WiiU version has been in development for about the same time. We that the idea of sonic boom itself has been in development for atleast 3 years however I have always been wondering how long the actual game has been worked on.

There is a bit of info in here so im gonna post it in the 3ds topic if anyone wants to talk about it.

Now that I think about it- did any Jak/Daxter -Ratchet/Clank games have water? Water isn't that big of a part of Sonic as much now but I wonder if this game will have any water interaction outside of running on it. 

I really wonder how future levels will play out seeing as how they purposefully showed off the non-Sonicy parts, I wonder how Sonicy the rest gets. 

If Stephen Frost wasn't so tired [implying that he is : P] from E3, I wish we could get another interview [implying that he would even spill the beans : P] 

So yeah- 

Hype train is running out of fuel ya'll, all the debate evaporated the fuel!

Water is a major part of Sonic. A handful of sonic games have at least one level/zone dedicated to water

as much now

Don't wanna get into the whole argument again. That's why I said now. It used to be a big part but now it's very less so and more or less became a modeled, tiled, bottomless pit.

EDIT: Not trying to be rude. 

this is actually an inter view on the 3ds version.

But her state that the game has been in development for about a year and it make me wonder if the WiiU version has been in development for about the same time. We that the idea of sonic boom itself has been in development for atleast 3 years however I have always been wondering how long the actual game has been worked on.

The whole project may have been in development for three years. That goes from initially requirements from the company aka sega. Then study the materials, tbe other games. And then intially outlines before coding even truly starts. Then there is Sanzaru, who said they work on iterations. So they may have been working on it for a year but they work in a way that they build a good chunk of code then test tben go back fix errors tben code another big chunk.

About the water thing, we know there are submarine segments, so there's at least that, I guess. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about those, though. I didn't care much for the subs in Crash Bandicoot.

I wonder if anyone can swim, at least on the surface. Knuckles could in Adventure 2, but he doesn't like getting wet here. Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean he can't swim.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Did anyone post this? http://www.comingsoon.net/news/gamenews.php?id=119467

Apparently, release is slated for November 25 for Wii U and 3DS, but I can't find an announcement or source besides this?

If it's true. Sonic Boom release date is exactly same as pokemon OR AS. (11/24)And Pokemon will devastate Sonic Boom's sales (Even one title can devastate Sonic Boom's sales)

Opoona Season 2. Sonic Bust (A.K.A Sonic Boom)

and that's why I hope Sega Sammy decide to delay Sonic Boom release date to 4Q.

P.S. I heard Sonic Boom release date is 11/14. But I can't find a source now(but in my country, they assure Sonic Boom release date is 11/14)

Sent from my SHW-M250S using Tapatalk 2

Lolz, its weird how I'm gonna buy this game no matter how bad the reviews come in because its Sonic. I gotta buy it.

Same goes to Main mario games and go kart.

• Thumbs Up 1

Uh, Pokemon is probably going to beat out everything, not just Boom. But hey, if the release date really is the 14th, then it has a chance before Pokemon comes to town!

Uh, Pokemon is probably going to beat out everything, not just Boom. But hey, if the release date really is the 14th, then it has a chance before Pokemon comes to town!

I think Sega doesn't know Pokemon beat anything. I can't understand why they decide Sonic Boom release date in november. It's not halloween season and even christmas season.

Besides, pokemon release date is november too. If they know this fact. I wonder why they didn't delay release date.

Sent from my SHW-M250S using Tapatalk 2