Awoo.

Wii U discussion and upcoming news

Sean

Majora's Mask 3D was announced three months before release, and it's likely that if it is indeed happening, it's been in development since the start of the year, if not since the worry about Zelda U's delay. I'd say December-February myself

Well they mentioned they tried the HD engine on a few other Zelda games, who knows, they probably were working on this since after WWHD as a side project.

I'm pretty tired of Zelda remakes. Buuuuuut if this is true then Twilight Princess is the one of the four games that would be remade this generation that I haven't played before, so I'd definitely get it

I'm happy for the remakes, since I recently moved out a few years ago and my wife and I don't have our own copy of most of these games, only our respective families did.

I do hope they actually add more things to do in this one, but I kinda doubt it. At the very least it'd be nice if it got a decently significant graphical upheaval, but that's iffy as well.

Realistically I'm expecting an upscale that isn't quite a remake in the vein that Wind Waker HD was, but is more substantial than a straight re-release like the digital Wii titles are. Like for example maybe Nintendo will decide to put a version of Twilight Princess on the eShop that has increased resolution and perhaps improved textures (but no changes to models or whatnot), and provide players the option to play either with traditional controls or the Wiimote.

Realistically I'm expecting an upscale that isn't quite a remake in the vein that Wind Waker HD was, but is more substantial than a straight re-release like the digital Wii titles are. Like for example maybe Nintendo will decide to put a version of Twilight Princess on the eShop that has increased resolution and perhaps improved textures (but no changes to models or whatnot), and provide players the option to play either with traditional controls or the Wiimote.

I don't think it'll be like that. This is probably on the same scale of Wind Waker HD honestly.

Edited by JaidynReiman

With a title like "Twilight Princess HD," they're pitching it as a companion to Wind Waker HD, so they'll have to put in a comparable level of effort.

Looks like we're not only getting an HD port of Twilight Princess, but some more big name Wii VC releases: Skyward Sword, Metroid: Other M, Wario Land: Shake It, Mario Strikers Charged and Super Paper Mario

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=181583568&postcount=1118

I already saw the first two, and I also heard about Mario Galaxy, but none of those remaining titles. Damn.

I'll definitely get SS and Mario Strikes, not sure on Wario Land: Shake It. I have Super Paper Mario, so I definitely don't need that.

If TPHD has motion controls as an option, I do hope Nintendo goes out of their way to make them not generic waggle this time. Playing it on the Wii for the first time and discovering that the game wasn't programmed to detect directional movement of any kind outside of aimable tools was one of the biggest disappointments I've ever had out of any console launch, especially when Red Steel, a game that's much worse than it in every other way, didn't seem to have any problem with it around launch time.

Not for us though, none of those are listed for NA :(

I highly doubt all of these'll be JP exclusive. In fact, we may even get some before Japan (OoT and Sin & Punishment are already out in the US, but are still listed here).

Not for us though, none of those are listed for NA :(

Yeah, the data is in the JP eShop, but many of these will come to Europe or NA before Japan. Its happened before where Japan announces something, and NA gets it before it comes to Japan (DK: King of Swing comes to mind).

Hopefully one of those is skyward sword cause man would it be great to have it for 20 bucks instead of the 60 most places charge for it.

I figured we'd get SS on VC so I didn't bother picking it up. I did play it but that was before I moved out of my parents' place, they (and my sisters) have that game and not me and my wife, so I'm looking forward to both TP HD and SS.

As for SS getting an HD port, I figured we wouldn't get it yet. But that I think wouldn't happen until NX anyway. We'll probably get it a couple of years into the NX's life cycle, so 3-4 years from now.

Well, this is interesting, a new private video just went up on NOJP's playlist, which one you ask? Their Nintendo Direct playlist!

http://gonintendo.com/stories/244777-japan-private-video-listing-pops-up-in-nintendo-s-nintendo-dir?page=1#comment-31608

Japan - Private video listing pops up in Nintendo's 'Nintendo Direct' YouTube playlist

15 October, 2015 by rawmeatcowboy | Comments: 1

pri.png

Well here's a very interesting find! Have you been hoping that we'd get another Nintendo Direct soon? Perhaps the listing above gives you even more hope. As you can see, Nintendo has a private video listed on their Japanese YouTube channel. This video also happens to be a part of the Nintendo Direct playlist. Is this the best evidence yet of a Nintendo Direct taking place soon? Thanks to PacmanRacing420 for the heads up!

It may be nothing, someone has commented it's an old URL though... I think we're all over ready for some news

Edited by Mando-Whirl-Wind

Well, this is interesting, a new private video just went up on NOJP's playlist, which one you ask? Their Nintendo Direct playlist!

http://gonintendo.com/stories/244777-japan-private-video-listing-pops-up-in-nintendo-s-nintendo-dir?page=1#comment-31608

It may be nothing, someone has commented it's an old URL though... I think we're all over ready for some news

Its the January Direct. There's definitely something big coming soon, but this isn't it.

This week, on the 22nd October 2015, Wild Gunman will arrive on the Wii U Virtual Console (in Europe, at least)

Which is exactly one day after Marty McFly played it in Back to the Future 2.

I don't know if that was a reference  or just a coincidence, but it's freaking awesome. :D

Edited by Thigolf
  • Thumbs Up 1

So Bonk has been rated for wii-u

http://gonintendo.com/stories/245010-bonk-s-adventure-gets-esrb-rating-for-wii-u

Bonk's Adventure gets ESRB rating for Wii U

19 October, 2015 by rawmeatcowboy | Comments: 13
Bonk's_Adventure_-_Game_Boy00001.jpg Looks like we have another Virtual Console title on the way. I actually never fully played a Bonk game until the Wii VC. I knew about the franchise but never had a TG-16. Glad I had the chance to check the series out, and it seems Wii U owners will get to do the same quite soon.
and the actual interesting part, the ESRB listing
Which says it's the same as the wii version, which means TurboGraphX-16 VC is finally coming to the west! Now if only we could get some of the Hudsonsoft and Konami N64 games, like Bomberman and Goemon or castlevania(always wanted to try the N64 ones) or for that matter some third party N64 VC in general. Also that does mean Bonk isn't the NES version

Edited by Mando-Whirl-Wind

So, not entirely sure what's going on here, but apparently there are new Deluxe Wii Us on eBay for $30?