Awoo.

April Fools Day 2014

Cola

I would totally do that Pokemon one if it was real.

As soon as I saw you'd posted in the thread, my mind started to ponder if Sanzaru and co. were up to something Sly Cooper related...

Probably for the best they're not. If they had said Tennessee Kid Cooper was returning, for example, I would probably go on a rampage. tongue.png

Still looking forward to alllll the phony game announcements and such tomorrow morning, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

you guys, the pokemon google map thing is actualy real?!

http://gamerant.com/catch-pokemon-google-maps/

Catch ‘Em All in New ‘Pokemon’ Feature for Google Maps
Mar 31, 2014 by Riley Little

Gamers the world over are cautious about news that springs up around the first of April. Yes, the infamous prankster holiday, April Fools’ Day, has claimed plenty of victims in the past, and there’s a high chance that it’ll do the same again in 2014. While readers prepare to remain skeptical about any alleged news that surfaces tomorrow, Google and Nintendo have released their prank a little early – much to the delight of Pokemon fans.

What sets this joke aside from the impending barrage that should be hitting shortly is that Google has actually partnered with Nintendo to allow Google Maps users to explore the world in search of Pocket Monsters. The end result isn’t anything quite as awesome as what the above video implies, but it does equate to a fun little distraction for Pokemon aficionados.

To access the newly added Poke-aspect of Google Maps, all fans have to do is click the ‘Search’ bar and an option to ‘Start Game’ will appear with a blue Pokeball next to it. Once they’ve selected that, the Google Maps app will whisk users away to a Pokemon Lab (better known as Google HQ) where trainers can kick-start their journey to become a Pokemon Master.

Catch-Pokemon-Google-Maps-April-Fools.jp

Despite featuring a bevy of monsters from several generations, there are only a total of 150 for users to catch and add to their Google-powered Pokedex. This doesn’t come close to touching the 718 (which will soon be jumping to 719 with the arrival of Diancie) that are currently available within Pokemon X and Y, but it’ll be more than enough to keep fans distracted for the duration of the event.

Google claims that the promotion will run until April 2, at which point the Pokemon portion of Google Maps will likely come to a close, but it’s currently available for anyone that’s updated the app on their Android or iPhone. Admittedly, this is more of a fun offering than a gag, although trying to catch ‘em all is sure to frustrate many since these fictions beasts are scattered all over the map.

What do you think of the April Fools’ partnership between Ninty and Google? Have you been trying to catch all 150 Pokemon?

___

Follow Riley on Twitter @TheRileyLittle.

Source: YouTube

Could you have maybe said this in a status update instead? Some of us are just trying to have a bit of fun here, no need to be such a downer.

How about not talking as if your fun is more important than someone else's feelings or opinion.

I completely agreed with the discussion against them and think they're being overdramatic and being silly in blaming a holiday for something that is not a problem - jerks who take it too far are the problem (and this is true for so many things in life).

But this complete dismissal of someone's opinion because "quit being a downer" is just mean.

• Thumbs Up 1

Meanwhile, Capcom decides to troll everyone with a new Mega Man X design for april fool's day. For a fucking model kit, not a fake game announcement.

Urf6Tk8.jpg
InLxIC9.jpg

That being said... While I'm certainly not getting my hopes up, it isn't unheard of for Capcom to take an april fool's joke and make it real. Just look at ZX Gigamix.

I kinda hope it's true, because that's a fucking awesome design. It would be perfect for an X sequel/reboot.

• Thumbs Up 2

Captured from the collective joint vault of SEGA and BRB, we bring you, the Silver design!

silver__sonic_boom_style__2_by_silverdah

• Thumbs Up 4

.incomplete. Editing

Captured from the collective joint vault of SEGA and BRB, we bring you, the Silver design!

Posted Image

Haha. Funny joke

Sent from my SHW-M250S using Tapatalk 2

So, this was posted on the Inori Aizawa (IE's anime persona) Facebook page.

1926283_564784803637264_1628252060_o.jpg

Grrrrr! I finally had enough of being called 'cute' and 'kawaii' and 'moe'. Those words disgust me, and that's not who I really am. On this first day of the new month, it's time for me to show the world my final form and kick some butt!!

You better be using Internet Explorer, unless you want to end up like this pitiful catbot here...

It's... interesting to say the least.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, look who just warped out of a undisclosed BRB storage locker, its BOOM Shadow

shadowboomaf_copy.png

• Thumbs Up 8

Adult Swim is airing a marathon of sorts, featuring not-finished series that, well, aired on adult swim proper. First was the first new episode of Perfect Hair Forever after 7 years...

Now it's Space Ghost Coast to Coast..

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• Thumbs Up 2

No idea how much I want...

-

INTRODUCING THE VIRTUAL U!

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/04/exclusive_nintendo_developing_virtual_u_vr_platform_to_rival_sonys_morpheus_and_oculus_rift

Exclusive: Nintendo Developing "Virtual U" VR Platform to Rival Sony's Morpheus and Oculus Rift

630x.jpg

630x.jpg

630x.jpg

• Thumbs Up 6

I'm not sure if that pizza box sounds delicious or gross. I may need to think on this matter.

While were still at 3 pages, the OP should compile a list of all the AFD jokes.

Anyways, heres Mighty No. 9's AFD joke:

• Thumbs Up 3

A couple more.

Pizza Hut Restaurants UK

New menu alert! No sauce, no cheese, no toppings...introducing the JUST CRUST PIZZA!

1970623_817303821631261_1640925115_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=817303821631261&set=a.693786247316353.1073741828.691235540904757&type=1

Pizza Hut Delivery UK

500 Scratch & Sniff Pizza T-shirts to give away! Give us a LIKE

734496_10152297772207278_1246998_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/PizzaHutUK/photos/a.107235147277.90286.73140987277/10152297772207278/?type=1&stream_ref=10
  • Thumbs Up 3

Reporting from TSSZ! (quotes have at least the first few paragraphs of each story)

Knuckles Suspended 50 Games for PED Use

Knuckles the Echidna, one of the hallmark characters of the Sonic franchise, is appealing a 50 game ban handed down by the organization that oversees professional video game competition.

Major League Gaming announced on Monday that a drug test taken after recent photo shoots for the upcoming Sonic Boom show the echidna tested positive for ALL the performance enhancing drugs.

“We found in samples steroids, tranquilizers, stimulants, depressants, and traces of some sort of emerald shards,” said MLG commissioner Bud Selig, who for some reason is the head of the Major League Gaming in addition to Major League Baseball.  “None of these substances are permissible under the league’s collective bargaining agreement.”

Sonic Lost World to Receive "Bible Adventures" DLC

The rather strange decisions to produce Yoshi’s Island and Legend of Zelda themed DLC zones for Sonic Lost World have not yielded positive sales results for Sega and Nintendo. Many blame the fact the game is on the still flailing Wii U system. But for the next Lost World DLC, the two companies will take a page out of a much different book: The Good Book.

BibleAdventuresBoxart.jpg

“We’re pleased to announce that the Old Testament as told in Bible Adventures will be the next world that Sonic explores in Lost World,” read a joint statement released today by Sega of America’s John Chend and Nintendo of America’s Reggie Fils-Aime. “Why?  Because GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDD and JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSS!  Praise be to Him! Also, creationism! Please buy our game and/or get us out of our respective companies.”

TSSZ has learned the original 1991 Bible Adventures developer Wisdom Tree is on board to produce the stage, based on the original NES title’s David and Goliath mode. We’ve also learned the move is meant to capitalize on the recent success of mainstream religious fare, such as The Bible mini-series and the theatrical release of Noah.

Sega Announces New Legacy Series

The original Sonic the Hedgehog is nearly ubiquitous in the modern gaming landscape; you can play it on just about every console released in the last decade. Today, Sega announced their plans to take that accessibility a step further by bringing the game to much older consoles as part of its new Legacy series. In a recent press release, the company revealed its intention to develop ports of the classic side-scrolling platformer for several less-than-successful consoles released in the early and mid-1990s.  Sega of America president John Cheng expressed optimism for the ports in the press release, saying:

"We believe the future of
Sonic the Hedgehog
lies in the past. There are thousands of gamers out there that still play these old consoles regularly, and we want to make sure that they have the opportunity to experience this classic game on those machines without compromise."

Sega’s plans show that the target platforms for the Legacy program currently include the Atari Jaguar, the TurboGrafx-16, and the Philips CD-i, although leaked documents suggest that the Amiga CD32 and the Apple Pippin may soon join that list. When prompted about the difficulties in porting the game to so many pieces of incompatible hardware, Cheng was open and honest. “It’s been an enormous challenge,” he said at a recent Q&A session in New York City. “Our teams have been working hard for years to make this feat possible; in some cases, they’ve had to rewrite everything from scratch.” Reports from several outlets claim that Sega’s prioritization of the Legacy project has led to their pulling studios like The Creative Assembly and Relic Entertainment off of their current projects to work on these ports.

• Thumbs Up 2