Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

You know, it's not an issue for the Sonic characters to have sex. I mean yeah they're anthropomorphic cartoon animals, but if they engaged in the act then it shouldn't be something weird or controversial because it's a regular act that every living being does.

The problem is how this act is portrayed, like yeah Penders said "Sally losing her virginity" but if he was actually going to write this story then it would be much more subtle than that. Like maybe Sally or Geoffrey get married or have kids, this confirms that they had sex without the writer outright saying it. I'm pretty sure there was also some spinoff issues or something where Sonic and Sally had kids.

So the problem with this is mainly how Penders phrased it. If he just said "I wanted them to get married" or "fall in love" then this whole thing would've been avoided. 

But of course, he had to just phrase his tweet like that and then go on and on about US laws on underage sex and LGBTQ. The worse thing is that he doesn't realize where he went wrong.

What he said just feels very stupid and unprofessional. lol

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 1
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Absolutely 2

Why does he do this to himself? What's weird is how he calls it a casual remark or saying things like 'lots of people asked for this"

This whole thing is a weird mess. lol

I always stayed away from the old Archie comics because of the pages and panels I've seen where characters are crying and fighting over their girlfriends, or where Sonic or Knuckles are making out with Sally or whoever. This shit was so cringe worthy.

I remember in the 40's-50's of the Archie run, Sally madeout with Geoffrey a lot, sometimes right in front of Sonic (despite Sonic & Sally being romantically involved) so the idea of her flat-out cuckolding him isn't much of a shock to me. Sally treated him like a doormat and two-timed him with no remorse. And Sonic outright worshipped her in return.

The entire Archie comic has always been a huge dumpster fire. 

• Chuckle 3

....you know, I think I've... officially run out of things to say. How do you even BEGIN to respond to this one? 

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Chuckle 2
  • Absolutely 2

How old are Sonic and Geoffrey if we're seriously using Animal biology which would say that Sally like Knuckles would be fucking dead if we were going by real world logic.

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't know how one person can be so wrong about everything. If I went to his table at a convention* and he introduced himself as Ken Penders, I'd ask to see some ID.

* Not a likely occurrence.

• Thumbs Up 4

Ken, the reason this knowledge hasn't been previously revealed is because you just made it up today as an excuse to get out of the massive hole you dug yourself into.

And...really?  "16 is 32 in squirrel years" is your argument?  Really?

EDIT: Okay, apparently refreshing the thread didn't actually show me that everyone was already talking about this.  Whoops.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1

3 hours ago, horridus said:

....you know, I think I've... officially run out of things to say. How do you even BEGIN to respond to this one? 

Sally makes it a literal point in the SatAM series that she's underage, because she needed to be 18 in order to use a feature on Nicole that would help the Freedom Fighters. She mentions that she's 16, and doesn't have two years to wait.

Please, Ken, just stop it. You've lost the argument from the get-go, accept it and move on.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Promotion 1

Jesus Christ, what the fuck? I mean, what in the actual fuck is ken thinking? Is he smoking CRACK? I was thinking vaguely about taking a image from Sonic Universe 35, where Geoffrey is being lead away in handcuffs, and making a meme about this sort of shit, maybe plaster ken's head over Geoff's, but I can't even think of anything funny to go with this shitstorm. If only SEGA could get the damned copyrights, Geoffrey would be better off rotting away in absolute obscurity then rotting away in TLSC.

At least now I'm thankful that shit's never getting done. Before? I was morbidly curious as to how bad it would be. But now? Fuck that. This isn't even funny anymore, all of ken's activity in the last 2 days has been unbelievably sketchy. For whatever reason, I actually liked Geoffrey... but I liked the Ian Flynn era Geoff, not Karl's whipping boy Geoffrey or ken's James Bond wannabe Geoff.

... Now that I think about it, I figure the stupid-ass age gap would have been something ken could have retconned away with TLSC. Instead he reveals he wanted this shit!?!  

Fuck you, Ken Penders!

Busted 2.png

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Nice Smile 1

6 hours ago, horridus said:

He spend half day saying that's Sally/Geoff age difference was okay, just suddenly say "BTW, she was adult all this time. Bet you feel stupid?"

And you know what? I do. I do feel like a moron for listening to this. Why are we here? Why are we listening to those posts? Why even attempt to argue, when Penders just makes #$ up like a 5 year old who pulls up " everything-proof shield" to win imaginary fight? Why do we keep giving him illusion that he has any influence over this franchise or that his nonsense matters?

• Thumbs Up 9

6 hours ago, horridus said:

If we're using animal years Sally converts to around 80 and Geoffrey converts to around dead for quite a while (maybe 200ish) which is why anthro animals have their species lifespans scrapped and everyone goes on human time.

• Thumbs Up 5

7 hours ago, KingScoopaKoopa said:

I've always sort of wondered about that with Sonic and friends: "Are we given their ages in human years or in ___ years?"

If this is accurate, though, he's wrong regardless.

So squirrels and chipmunks have similar lifespans?

6 hours ago, Tylinos said:

Ken, the reason this knowledge hasn't been previously revealed is because you just made it up today as an excuse to get out of the massive hole you dug yourself into.

And...really?  "16 is 32 in squirrel years" is your argument?  Really?

EDIT: Okay, apparently refreshing the thread didn't actually show me that everyone was already talking about this.  Whoops.

Isn't that the case with half the stuff he says in recent years anyway?

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, DabigRG said:
7 hours ago, KingScoopaKoopa said:

I've always sort of wondered about that with Sonic and friends: "Are we given their ages in human years or in ___ years?"

If this is accurate, though, he's wrong regardless.

So squirrels and chipmunks have similar lifespans?

She's half and half, so I really don't know how that works genetically. Do you split the difference, or assume one side has dominant traits over the other?

I just went with her namesake/the animal from the games she was based on.

• Nice Smile 1

Daft thing is there's he went with a bunch of please care about this worse thing, whataboutisms and the 1000 year old dragon trope when he could've just said it would've been in the gap between the main comic and 25 years later.

• Nice Smile 1

1 hour ago, Rabid-Coot said:

Daft thing is there's he went with a bunch of please care about this worse thing, whataboutisms and the 1000 year old dragon trope when he could've just said it would've been in the gap between the main comic and 25 years later.

Considering he specifically mentioned Lara-Su's age, I think he meant for it to be during the current comic. Off-screen and vaguely alluded to, of course.

• Thumbs Up 2

33 minutes ago, Razule said:

Considering he specifically mentioned Lara-Su's age, I think he meant for it to be during the current comic. Off-screen and vaguely alluded to, of course.

He was referring to the Geoffrey thing.

14 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

He was referring to the Geoffrey thing.

Yes. He said Lara-Su had already had sex at 16, so he probably meant he intended Sally and Geoffrey's encounter to happen during the comic.

1 hour ago, Razule said:

Was Lara before or after the Sally tweet? I was under the impression that it was part of his doubling down on the weird.