Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

9 hours ago, Skull Leader said:

The funny thing is that, after wasting his and Sega/Archie's money with the court drama to claim property of his characters (& NOT-Knuckles) and all the years that have passed, Pender still has nothing to really show.

On the other hand, Flynn and the people at IDW introduced two original characters who are about to have their own mini-series.

And Ian Flynn already had some succes with his own series (Cosmo) and Penders Still claims ''the Replubic"" is comming.

• Thumbs Up 2

He tweeted about the patches recently thats probably where the renewed interest is from. That and its probably the only non horrible looking merch and I'm guessing you can pretend its just connected to Archie and ignore TLSC.

• Thumbs Up 3

Lol, that "Royal Secret Service" patch pretty much embodies Ken Penders' writing.

Its got the original, simple Acorn symbol, but its shoved behind an edgy-looking knife, which seems to have been given the most detail compared to the rest of it.

You know, he's not wrong.

Also, can we all take a moment to soak in the fact that this tweet essentially says that he thinks the design is a mistake and would fit in with TLSC (without even a hint of reflecting on what that says for TLSC's designs), and that he says the only reason he wouldn't put movie Sonic in TLSC is because people would get mad.  Because apparently that's a bigger factor than it being, you know, illegal.

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Nice Smile 1

7 hours ago, Tylinos said:

Also, can we all take a moment to soak in the fact that this tweet essentially says that he thinks the design is a mistake and would fit in with TLSC (without even a hint of reflecting on what that says for TLSC's designs), and that he says the only reason he wouldn't put movie Sonic in TLSC is because people would get mad.  Because apparently that's a bigger factor than it being, you know, illegal.

Eeesh. Not a good sign when a design prompts a man with absolutely NO ability to gauge what is visually appealing to basically say 'Oh hey, that'd look right at home with my stuff!'. 

• Thumbs Up 5
  • My Emmerdoods 1

Not to mention he used a fan's render here, not the apparent official one, with no credit. How's the comic selling? (oh, wait...) 

• Thumbs Up 4

2 hours ago, HywelAtTheMoon said:

Not to mention he used a fan's render here, not the apparent official one, with no credit. How's the comic selling? (oh, wait...) 

You mean he used a fan's transparent version? I thought it was said that was also from the style guide.

• Thumbs Up 1

The level of irony is so funny. This is the best shit from this topic in a long time.

I’d point out that the sheer ego that he thinks Paramount producers and filmmakers would even know of him and his tripe is laughable, but the fact he basically stealth insulted himself and put out an image that shows how awful they look together just sells it on how inept this man can be sometimes.

I honestly wonder if he’s being self aware and smart enough to put himself at the butt of the joke, or if he is really this completely lost on what appeals to others. Ironically, the creepy grin on that Sonic reminds me of the infamous Grinch Lien Da image that was floating around for the longest while.

• Thumbs Up 3

31 minutes ago, Razule said:

You mean he used a fan's transparent version? I thought it was said that was also from the style guide.

I just found the image. I stand corrected. I thought it was a fan render as it looked a fair bit thinner than most of the official stuff. Sorry. 

5 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I honestly wonder if he’s being self aware and smart enough to put himself at the butt of the joke, or if he is really this completely lost on what appeals to others. Ironically, the creepy grin on that Sonic reminds me of the infamous Grinch Lien Da image that was floating around for the longest while.

Penders is one of those people who kind of completely obliterate Hanlon's Razor- it's hard to tell when he says stuff like this if he's doing it on purpose or if he really IS that foolish and lacking in awareness. This is a guy who, after all, compared his co-worker Angelo DeCEsare's work to 'Furry Archie' while simultaneously admitting to never actually reading the guy's work. If he IS self-aware on any level, then he does a magnificent job of not conveying it very well, like at all. 

...incidentally, it was actually an image of Lara-Su edited from the live action grinch. And for extra, hideous irony, he evidently liked THAT one too...

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

7 hours ago, chaosjam said:

Lawsuit incoming I'm sure...

...at least the Sonic one has a bit of ''cute'' going for him. Xero on the other hand is just plain old ugly.

Best part of the twitter thread is everyone tearing him a new one with only a  few Penders fans either trying to insult Ian Flyn/SonicIdw OR trying to agree with Penders lol.

• Thumbs Up 4

17 hours ago, Tylinos said:

Only thing he is right is about the backlash he would get, and rightfully so. 

The movie design is not perfect nor ideal and at the most I personally would call it kiiiiiind of OK, I guess. However, it isn't really up to the standards of ugly that Kenders established with his space enchilada characters. Where movie Sonic still has a cartoonish look with his face design, Kenders tries to brute force an excessive of "realism" at the expense of aesthetics, which result in grotesque abominations void of any charm that makes one feel uncomfortable.

Now, I don't have a Twitter account (nor intent to start one) but if anyone wants to do a favor, please, reply him with a "Ya callese señora!".

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, ShadowSJG said:

Lol, he thinks there's a chance the film designers looked at his work

Gotta sue fast. XD

It wouldn't surprise me if he went to watch the film just to scan for any little resembalnce with his own ideas just to have an excuse to start bitching about how he is not being given due credit.

• Thumbs Up 6

The comparison isn't deep.  Yes; both characters are taller and more human-proportioned than most Sonic characters, but at least Paramount's details show an understanding that the character has fur.  Ken's design...what exactly is that?  It might as well be spray-painted clay.

Now that I see it up close, the realistic quills of movie Sonic are  growing on me.  It just sucks that he lacks a good shape to roll into a ball and use them.

• Thumbs Up 5

3 hours ago, ShadowSJG said:

Kenny boy really thinks they intentionally styled the design based on his works:

Sounds like he jumped for a comeback and didn't realize what he was saying. 

Nothing new, it would seem.