Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

SOoo something tells me that this means the intended December release is pretty much a pipe dream at this point. 

For serious though, I would not be even remotely surprised to learn that he really, truly IS that far behind at this point and that he really might be completing each page individually before moving forward, and not at a very fast pace at that. I've long suspected that he really only completes and belts out pages whenever he wants to 'prove' he's making progress, given that the 'quality' of the pages wildly vary after one another. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Given that Penders has, in complete seriousness, compared his own pathetic slap fight of a copyright trial to far more serious legal entanglements (such as the story of Gloria Altmann, whose struggle against the Austrian government would go on to be made into the film 'Woman in Gold'), there is really no doubt in my mind that he earnestly thinks this or wants others to think it. Nevermind that the 'fame' was really more like 'infamy' even before he left, given that 3/4s of it were lifted from The Fugitive and it was littered with plotholes, with the only thing anyone remembering at large being his attempt to kill off Sally permanently. 

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Nice Smile 1

37 minutes ago, Tylinos said:

I can almost guarantee that he'll say he was joking if called out on this, since that's what he always does, but that tweet definitely did not read like a joke.

You predicted the future.

• Thumbs Up 7

39 minutes ago, Tylinos said:

I can't believe I'm making two unrelated posts in this topic within an hour of each other, but...

Ken, what the utter heck are you talking about?  This was not a reference to you.  You did not invent the word endgame.

I can almost guarantee that he'll say he was joking if called out on this, since that's what he always does, but that tweet definitely did not read like a joke.

You know what'sfunny? I joked about him suing over the name earlier but wasn't expecting him to actually think they're referencing him.

• Thumbs Up 3

40 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Is this where we pull out the old "joke's on you I was only pretending" comic?  Because that is Ken right now.

Ken, on the very unlikely chance that you happen to be reading this right now, here's a small tip: There's a world of difference between pretending to be a self-centered idiot as a "joke", and saying something clearly tongue-in-cheek like "hey guys endgame is a pretty cool title ;)"  One of those plays no one but yourself, and you can take a guess at which one that is.

The only reason I was even able to figure he might pull this is because he has a really bad habit of making serious statements and passing them off as a joke like this.

• Thumbs Up 5

8 minutes ago, Tylinos said:

The only reason I was even able to figure he might pull this is because he has a really bad habit of making serious statements and passing them off as a joke like this.

Case in point-

• Thumbs Up 9

So this month is 7 years since the announcement of tlsc and he's not even close to getting anything out. Assuming the page total mentioned is for one volume and not the total for the 7 books thats close to another thousand pages for the rest of the series. It'll never be finished.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Absolutely 4

4 hours ago, Tylinos said:

I can't believe I'm making two unrelated posts in this topic within an hour of each other, but...

Ken, what the utter heck are you talking about?  This was not a reference to you.  You did not invent the word endgame.

Oh-hoho, no....

Like, he has to know endgame is a general term.

3 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

That is doubly hilarious.

One for the pretty on point comparison and two for him admitting he's just trolling ya'll at this point.

Well played, sir. :lol: 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Oh-hoho, no....

Like, he has to know endgame is a general term.

One would think so. But then this is the same man who tried to claim that the CONCEPT of Evil Twins and Alternate Timelines in Sonic were introduced exclusively by him and therefore belonged to him with regards to the franchise, so who knows.

• Thumbs Up 5

3 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

"No, it's the fandom who is wrong"

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 1

Ken saved the comic? As I recall...during the time of Endgame, there were multiple writers on the book including Mike Gallagher who did the more interesting storylines on the comic including Mecha Madness as I recall(forgive me, it's been awhile).  Ken was nowhere near a savior...he played a vital part in hindering the book's growth over a decade.

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Nice Smile 1

Well. I did got a little Archie Sonic flashback after I heard the Endgame title for the next Avengers for the first time.  😁

16 hours ago, SatAMhog said:

Ken saved the comic? 

Of course he did, that's how he's able to keep selling it at conventions, whether he had anything to do with an issue or not.

I'll bet he has a whole storage locker of all the Sonic comics he's saved. The stacks might even be almost as big as the pile of unsold Lost Ones comics he saved, too.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Chuckle 2

On 12/7/2018 at 6:48 PM, Tylinos said:

I think I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he's joking. 

• Thumbs Up 3

5 hours ago, Rabid-Coot said:

It's both 3-4 months away from releasing whenever someone asks and clearly nowhere near being finished.

It's Schrodinger's Comic book.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Nice Smile 1

On 12/8/2018 at 5:18 AM, Tylinos said:

...Pretty sure they called it Endgame because of what's about to happen after the events of Infinity War.

Bonus:

• Thumbs Up 5

On 12/8/2018 at 12:02 AM, Tylinos said:

Wait.  Hold up.  Is Ken implying that he's still so far off on finishing Volume 1 that he's this unsure about the pagecount?  I know completing an entire graphic novel takes a long time, but I'd thought he'd at least have rough page outlines done by now.  This implies he's still pretty early on with them.

That, or he's aiming to 100% complete each page before moving on to the next, which is a very bad idea.  Not only would it slow him down even more overall, but if he started drawing a page and discovered something needed to be changed earlier in the story, doing that's much harder to do with a finished page than a rough.

Hey, Adamis, is there any indication from what you've been shown if he's doing roughs ahead of the final pages, or possibly if he's farther along than he's implying here?  Not asking for exact numbers or anything, just whether I'm reading into this wrong or not.  I honestly kind of hope I am at this point.

That's the first time I heard he's written up to 160 pages of text. The last, actual comic pages I translated were very rough, like a few lines to indicate where X character is in the panel, some were pencilled but that's it. I think it was last year that he sent me those pages, there were 10-15 of them, very basic. He seems to place the word balloons first. The only completed pages he sent me are those from "The storm", which he completed before he asked me to translate.

From memory, the last files he sent me to translate were those pages, text and menus for the app and the pages of "The die is cast" with a different last panel, and that was moooonths ago.

• Thumbs Up 9

On 12/7/2018 at 4:02 PM, Tylinos said:

This comic is never coming out ever.

I mean we all knew that, but Jesus I am astounded by this man's lack of commitment to his craft, especially considering it's not like he has a whole hell of a lot else going on besides stirring up shit on Twitter.

• Thumbs Up 6

You know, something just occurred to me- if the script is in fact at 160 plus pages as Penders says here? Then what the hell is happening in the first third? Cause I still got those excerpts he showed on his site before he stopped giving a crap about it- 

imageimage

imageimage

tumblr_inline_pi7v0mIfxD1re1bwb_500.jpgimage

imageimage

Man, years later and its STILL one of the most painfully awful things I've read. 

Anyway, that particular trip down bad memory lane aside, what I'm getting at is that this scene plays out like something that should happen fairly early in the story, right at the beginning or near the beginning. Yet its sixty pages in. I wondered how long the script could possibly be if it took 60 pages to get to THIS point... and now I know that it takes roughly a third or so of the entire story to reach this particular point, so what the Christ happens to fill up the space until then? 

It's just... unbelievable, really. 

• Thumbs Up 5

Ordinarily I would be willing to give the benefit of the doubt and say we should wait and see how it's actually paced out on the page. For all we know, that scene might seem at a glance that it's better suited for earlier in the story, but it might be totally reasonable to situate it right where it's at. There could be plenty of genuinely good stuff before it, maybe a nice slow burn as we get to steep in this world and its characters.

Buuuuuut it's Ken Penders, so, you know, farts.

"Who's kidding whom now?"

Yeah that's how people talk.

• Thumbs Up 2