Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

1 minute ago, RedFox99 said:

I meant reporting him to SEGA.

Oh, misread that... same answer though. I don't think it's really neccessary, particularly since he hasn't got an actual release yet, and its increasingly unlikely he ever will. Until he finally makes the damn release in connection with his for-profit story series? This is nothing but a truly horrendous edit made by someone who lacks even a middle-schooler's skill with photoshop. 

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Sidronas said:

Another thing i want to say is that i beleive that i actually got the original issue of that issue, and i don't beleive that the title was presented in that wierd sci-fi format. And also, you can notice , especially without zooming in, that  you can see that the background of the text doesn't match with the rest of the title box. You don't really see any obvious signs of it with the rest though, without zooming

That title font was definitely in the original.

13 minutes ago, Paul-Agnew said:

That title font was definitely in the original.

Eeeyup.

The solid wall of purple that disrupts the gradient effect of the text box and looks like it was made with MS-PAint, on the other hand, that's DEFINITELY all new. 

13 hours ago, horridus said:

*shakes head* Pathetic. There's no other word that really comes to mind other than pathetic. Granted, that word aptly describes the entirety of this endeavor, but this in particular is really deserving of that label. Lazy, amateurish, and in the face of his screaming about the sanctity of copyright it's *heinously* hypocritcal on at least two fronts- not only is that not his character, but that artwork isn't his either. 

I'm fond of "disgusting."

...what

He's not using Sonic and Knuckles "to promote the app or anything related"...by including them in the app.  I'm pretty sure that being in the app, and posting tweets advertising this fact, counts pretty firmly as using them to promote the app.

Seriously, what was the point of even making a lie this blatantly nonsensical?  Just say "Yes, they're in the app, but I'm not charging money for it," and move on.  Don't dig yourself into yet another hole for no reason.

Also, Ken plans to reprint the entire Knuckles comic.  For free like the M25YL reprint, I assume, because a paid version would be gigantic trademark infringement.

...Actually, why exactly do you want to reprint the Knuckles comic, again?  Didn't you say you're only reprinting M25YL to give readers a jumping-on point?  And didn't you just insist Knuckles has "nothing" to do with TLSC?  Just focus on finishing your freaking story already.

And, surprising no one, the promise to have something ready for release by the end of 2017 seems to be dead, unless he pops up with something unrelated to claim he kept his promise.

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Promotion 2

No, of course he's not using Sonic and Knuckles to promote the APP, he just HAPPENS to be using a story made for the Sonic franchise that blatantly stars Sonic and Knuckles as a jumping off point for this series which he swore up to heaven and back again was TOTALLY ORIGINAL U GAIZ and TOTALLY DOES NOT NEED SONIC TO SUCCEED OR GET ANY KIND OF ATTENTION ALL, and this is all TOTALLY kosher cause it's FREE and NOT at all connected to a for-profit work that directly connects itself to a franchise that he doesn't own. Nossir, not at all! 

Aaand yeah, good luck reprinting the Knuckles series when you don't have the rights to do so and the company whose permission you would need has absolutely no reason to let you do it. I'm sure SEGA would be REALLY interested in re-printing the remnant of a now totally dead continuity that is vastly, vastly different from the status quo they now enforce in the games and is connected to someone who *tried to sue them and who repeatedly insults them*. Good God, the series didn't last three years, does he SERIOUSLY think there's enough of a demand that SEGA would overlook all the crap he pulled?

Redundant question, I know.

And surprise surprise, he's not gonna have anything to show by year's end. Whoever could have predicted this. Who ever could have GUESSED this outcome! 

This really is just getting more and more pathetic as it goes on. 

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Promotion 1

1 hour ago, horridus said:

This really is just getting more and more pathetic as it goes on. 

Is it? I feel like we might have hit bottom a while ago, and everything since has just been lateral movement at best. Rolling around in its own muck and filth, basically.

...it's Friday, Ryan.  It's Friday and you had to just go ahead and spoil it by engaging him...

I gotta say, if anything else, at least it was one of his devoted followers that pointed out Ken's hypocrisy.  Maybe people are beginning to learn.

• Thumbs Up 6

50 minutes ago, chaosjam said:

...it's Friday, Ryan.  It's Friday and you had to just go ahead and spoil it by engaging him...

I gotta say, if anything else, at least it was one of his devoted followers that pointed out Ken's hypocrisy.  Maybe people are beginning to learn.

There is hope after all. Plus, he probably wanted to notify SEGA about this since it's pretty much copyright infringement.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, RedFox99 said:

There is hope after all. Plus, he probably wanted to notify SEGA about this since it's pretty much copyright infringement.

To clarify, the tweets in my original post are from me putting pressure on Ken's answers about how Sonic and Knuckles are somehow not being used to promote the LSC by way of reprinting M25YL in his app.  I made sure to tag Sega in the second tweet since he flat out admits he is going to print martial with their character.

Here is the original tweet from one of his fans that questioned his intentions of the M25YL page being used in the app:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Chuckle 2

1 minute ago, chaosjam said:

To clarify, the tweets in my original post are from me putting pressure on Ken's answers about how Sonic and Knuckles are somehow not being used to promote the LSC by way of reprinting M25YL in his app.  I made sure to tag Sega in the second tweet since he flat out admits he is going to print martial with their character.

Here is the original tweet from one of his fans that questioned his intentions of the M25YL page being used in the app:

He is really walking a thin line now. 

• Thumbs Up 1

...I didn't say anything about the story.  I said it stars two characters you DO NOT OWN!

But you don't even know me. I could be a damn copyright lawyer for all you know.  It was pure luck how the Archie case swung in your favor and I think just because you own the story, you can't republish without SEGA's consent...which they WILL NOT GIVE YOU!

What a great public response though that highlights your best quality, being a jerk to anyone who doesn't praise you.  You certainly don't know a thing or two about keeping to your promised release dates...

• Thumbs Up 5

Talk about pretentious.

8 minutes ago, chaosjam said:

...I didn't say anything about the story.  I said it stars two characters you DO NOT OWN!

But you don't even know me. I could be a damn copyright lawyer for all you know.  It was pure luck how the Archie case swung in your favor and I think just because you own the story, you can't republish without SEGA's consent...which they WILL NOT GIVE YOU!

What a great public response though that highlights your best quality, being a jerk to anyone who doesn't praise you.  You certainly don't know a thing or two about keeping to your promised release dates...

Hey, at least you tried. At this point, it's probably best he doesn't release the final product; both for his sake and ours.

5 minutes ago, chaosjam said:

He always does this. He chooses to focus on some minor part of the statement rather than applying context to it, and so sidesteps the issue of the fact that while his story might be copyrighted to him, it contains characters he definitely, definitely does not own under any circumstance. 

• Thumbs Up 7

It's pretty hard to welcome any potential new fans when you talk down at people's sound logic and genuinely concerning questions, patronise them and not even give a proper, definitive answer to the question in the first place like an overly defensive jackass.  Crucially though I'm absolutely fascinated at how he thinks he can use what is Sega's property in a profit making way that doesn't get him knicked by them and made out as one, massive hypocrite.  If he has some plan on how to bypass all the legal stuff in printing Sonic material and Knuckles reprints, then it is all but certainly going to wither backfire tremendously, or Sega throws whatever deal he offers to them back in his face.

• Thumbs Up 8
  • Nice Smile 1

10 minutes ago, horridus said:

He always does this. He chooses to focus on some minor part of the statement rather than applying context to it, and so sidesteps the issue of the fact that while his story might be copyrighted to him, it contains characters he definitely, definitely does not own under any circumstance. 

Yeah, that seems pretty clear. Honestly, part of me wants to him fall hard, but I know that that isn't right, no matter how much he deserves it. I just hope that he wakes up and scraps the idea or at least someone from SEGA warns him about what he's doing. I know you told that it would be pointless, but I'm considering telling Aaron about this so he can inform someone else at SEGA.

1 minute ago, QuantumEdge said:

It's pretty hard to welcome any potential new fans when you talk down at people's sound logic and genuinely concerning questions, patronise them and not even give a proper, definitive answer to the question in the first place like an overly defensive jackass.  Crucially though I'm absolutely fascinated at how he thinks he can use what is Sega's property in a profit making way that doesn't get him knicked by them and made out as one, massive hypocrite.  If he has some plan on how to bypass all the legal stuff in printing Sonic material and Knuckles reprints, then it is all but certainly going to wither backfire tremendously, or Sega throws whatever deal he offers to them back in his face.

Maybe they'll make Ken pay a huge fee to use Sonic and Knuckles like he did with his characters.

5 hours ago, QuantumEdge said:

I myself am staggered that he thinks anybody with no previous knowledge of the Sonic comic would demonstrate an interest in what blatantly looks like a shoddy ripoff of Sonic, to say nothing of a product that starts off with a comic from another series owned by another company. Especially for the intended hispanophone audience- I mean for Christ's sake, those edits look like they were done by a grade schooler using MS-Paint! 

As for Pender's unwarranted optimism, he's repeatedly made it clear that he believes that the profit to be made from this venture would convince SEGA to let him do what we wishes if he could convince them of that fact. That he literally has nothing of interest to SEGA is something he refuses to accept or acknowledge, convinced that he is that money is the absolute root of everything with absolutely zero regard for any other facet of what the company might desire from its product. 

5 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

Yeah, that seems pretty clear. Honestly, part of me wants to him fall hard, but I know that that isn't right, no matter how much he deserves it. I just hope that he wakes up and scraps the idea or at least someone from SEGA warns him about what he's doing. I know you told that it would be pointless, but I'm considering telling Aaron about this so he can inform someone else at SEGA.

Again... until he actually RELEASES the (increasingly non-existant) app, he hasn't actually DONE anything other than post an image of a shoddily edited page from the old comic book. Until he has an actual product to put out, there's nothing to report other than the fact that he's behaving like a jackass and demonstrating just how fragile his relationship with reality is. 

• Thumbs Up 5

10 hours ago, Ernest the Snowpanda said:

Ken has long since dug himself a hole all the way down to China and beyond.

He is doing wonders for China's space program.

6 hours ago, chaosjam said:

It's too bad we don't seem to have a known copyright lawyer in the fandom... but in lieu of one, maybe someone could ask this guy? https://m.youtube.com/channel/UChBJtu4BhT8b8t9Qe9R-EZg

I'd love to hear him weigh in, but I'm not sure how best to present it.

• Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, KingScoopaKoopa said:

He is doing wonders for China's space program.

It's too bad we don't seem to have a known copyright lawyer in the fandom... but in lieu of one, maybe someone could ask this guy? https://m.youtube.com/channel/UChBJtu4BhT8b8t9Qe9R-EZg

I'd love to hear him weigh in, but I'm not sure how best to present it.

He has a Twitter account so maybe hashtag him into the conversation.

At this point, he's going to crash and burn, especially now with this. It is going to be SO cathartic when SEGA finally brings the hammer down on his head. 

Because missing yet another deadline has taught Ken nothing, he's now promising to have the app released before April.  Stop announcing arbitrary release deadlines.

I don't know whether Ken thinks he can just release the Knuckles collection without Sega's permission because he has copyright over the scripts and doesn't realize trademarks are a separate deal, or if he assumes Sega would happily agree to let him publish it.  (Or he's going for the "it'll be free, so it's fine" angle and is being extremely unclear about it again.)

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Promotion 1
  • Chuckle 1

4 hours ago, Tylinos said:

I don't know whether Ken thinks he can just release the Knuckles collection without Sega's permission because he has copyright over the scripts and doesn't realize trademarks are a separate deal, or if he assumes Sega would happily agree to let him publish it.  (Or he's going for the "it'll be free, so it's fine" angle and is being extremely unclear about it again.)

Thank you. THANK YOU!!!! I woke up to that response and I just nearly rolled back over saying F it. 

I’m not responding to him on it. He is impossible plus I’m getting responses from his latest fans which also seem to not understand. 

• Thumbs Up 3

7 hours ago, Tylinos said:

Because missing yet another deadline has taught Ken nothing, he's now promising to have the app released before April.  Stop announcing arbitrary release deadlines.

Hoo boy. Can't wait to hear his new reason for why it isn't out when he says it will be out. By the time of this month's end it will be six years since he made the announcement and failed to keep with his original deadline of 2012. Six years this has been going on, and he has nothing of substance to show for it. 

7 hours ago, Tylinos said:

The latter. Ken has repeatedly made it clear that in his view anything and everything is open to negotiation and has made clear his belief that the potential money to be made from this venture would convince SEGA to allow him to do this. That the book is a niche, irrelevant part of their franchise and wasn't successful enough to last long during the franchise's heyday are details that never seem to factor into his rationale for why SEGA would be eager to let him have his way, to say nothing of the fact that there is nothing he can bring to the table that an actual publishing company could with regards to resources and distribution. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1