Awoo.

Batman: Arkham Knight "No one knows what it's like... TO FIX THE BATMAN!"

Badnik Mechanic

IS the game supposed to take place in the 60s? I figured it'd continue where City left off. And I'm fine with the name Arkham Knight to be honest. I thought Arkham City was a pretty stupid name when I had first heard it too.

IS the game supposed to take place in the 60s? I figured it'd continue where City left off. And I'm fine with the name Arkham Knight to be honest. I thought Arkham City was a pretty stupid name when I had first heard it too.

lol no it's not, we're just for some reason talking about how wonderful it would be if it did.

Looking forward to this. I like the Arkham series, even Arkham Origins, and that Rocksteady is involved again gives me great hope.

Joker was only the final boss in the first game. Clayface was the final boss in City, and Bane in Origins.

• Thumbs Up 1

Joker was only the final boss in the first game. Clayface was the final boss in City, and Bane in Origins.

Oh, whoops. Meant to say main villain. I mean, I'm not too sure on Origins, but in City, Hugo Strange seemed more like a puppet while Joker pulled the strings. 

I dunno, City had quite a few antagonists, but I would still say Strange was the main villain, being used by Ra's. Joker was just a side antagonist who stole the show in the end.

A new Rocksteady Batman game is coming, sweet!

I loved Arkam Asylum and Arkam City (in fact, they are some of my favorite PS3 games biggrin.png), so seeing the team behind THOSE games make another one for the next generation of systems...I can't help but be excited.

I didn't play Origins (or Blackgate) but heard that while they were good games, they felt a lot like Arkam City 2.0 rather than a fully fleshed out sequel. That isn't a bad thing at all (AC, Call of Duty and the like pull that stuff all the time), but seeing the Batman Arkam brand get annualized just made Origins look worse than it was to some people.

I do wonder how this new one will play out though; a more focused game ala Arkam Asylum with lots of tense moments (the Scarecrow sections in that were just...to good man biggrin.png), a HUGE City that takes the Arkam City gameplay to a whole other level (they kinda have to, with Origins showing many that you can't just base you game around that formula and call it a day), or something completely different (a Batman Beyond-themed game? A game based off the the really great The Dark Knight Returns? The Justice Legue?)

Either way, this is really exciting to see where this goes, we could have another amazing Batman game here biggrin.png.

I was seriously expecting the title to be something like ''Arkham Ashes'', just to imply it's the aftermath of Arkham City, fitting with what Azrael said when we meet him there, but oh well, they do have a lot of stuff to cover now, with both Asylum and City teasing the return of some villains on their sequels.

Also, Joker will return in a way similar to what happened in Batman Beyond(Using DNA altering tech to make someone become the Joker) to steal the show at the end, callin' it.

I'm not as bothered by the title as everyone else seems to be though I'd kinda hoped they'd drop the arkham titles overall. I'd kinda hoped that after the scarecrow boat the new game would just be called Batman: City of Fear with Scarecrow as the main villain.

Though...if Hush is the main villain, when we saw him in AC, his lair had a couple of Scarecrow's gas tanks in it so maybe they'd be revealed to be working together....

I really hope the boat was a major hint and Scarecrow features heavily in the new game, his sections in AA remain my favourite moments over the whole series.

Game got announced. I'm about to leave a class with computers so I can't post much details, but it's coming to current-gen consoles and PC only.

Wait, you think when I said current-gen consoles, that meant Wii U, PS4, and Xbone? HAHAHAHAHA! You're so funny. Everyone knows the Wii U isn't a current-gen console.

batman_knight.jpg

Batman #ArkhamKnight is the explosive finale to the Arkham series. Scarecrow returns, with villains like Penguin, Two-Face & Harley Quinn.

Batman: Arkham Knight is set in Gotham City and introduces an uniquely designed version of the Batmobile, which will be drivable in the game

As preorder bonus, for the first time you will also be able to play as Harley Quinn in exclusive challenge maps. #Batman #ArkhamKnight.

Jingle Bells, Batman Smells~ Robin Laid an Egg~

Batmobile, is Finally here, and the Scarecrow is on the way, Hey~

• Thumbs Up 1

235793_ps4_aa0rb0.png234531_pcw_asmofs.png235449_xb1_ajaptq.png

In the explosive finale to the Arkham series, Batman faces the ultimate threat against the city he is sworn to protect. The Scarecrow returns to unite an impressive roster of super villains, including Penguin, Two-Face and Harley Quinn, to destroy The Dark Knight forever.

Batman: Arkham Knight introduces Rocksteady's uniquely designed version of the Batmobile, which is drivable for the first time in the franchise. The addition of this legendary vehicle, combined with the acclaimed gameplay of the Batman Arkham series, offers gamers the ultimate and complete Batman experience as they tear through the streets and soar across the skyline of the entirety of Gotham City.

Be The Batman.

Grand Theft Batman

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh yeeeeeeeeees! I was hoping that the Silver Age and Justice League rumours weren't true and that they were going finish the Arkham trilogy. So Harley Quinn is playable if you preorder... I take it that only applies to challenge maps. Shame, because playing as one of the villains for part of the story would be cool (although I'd be disappointed if they chose Quinn of all rogues anyway).

I'm also super happy to see that Scarecrow will play a bigger part in this than he did in Asylum. I missed him in City.

Surely the series really isn't ending. :( There's still so many Batman references and story elements they could use!

Surely the series really isn't ending. :( There's still so many Batman references and story elements they could use!

They can have the next batman game take place in a different universe? Or they can make games based on other DC super heroes how about a good super man game?

Oh wow, the prospect of this sounds tantalising and with Rocksteady and the helm I feel relatively secure in getting hyped for this

Looking forward to seeing that first trailer!

This looks really cool. If it is a large, fully realized Gotham City with the Batmobile then this game should be awesome on the new consoles. On that note, I hope that they'll expand greatly with Arkham Knight - there's a lot of characters and situations in the Batman sphere they can explore. I'd love to see more of Robin, Nightwing, Red Hood, heck even Huntress. I'd love to see the Suicide Squad, and for all I care they can even put in Green Arrow in a side quest. Many possibilities here.

On the story side, Arkham City set up a nice "impending doom" context with Scarecrow's return, Azrael's cryptic nonsense and Hush in a position to really screw with Bruce. In all, this looks interesting to me and I can't wait to see it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh god this seems really cool. I have to see it in action before getting fully hyped but actually getting full Gotham City with a driveable Batmobile and everything, and made by Rocksteady? Count me in. 

Wow, so Arkham Knight will be the last game in the Arkham series. I still yet to finish City and start Origins, better catch up!

Please let this bout of awesomeness not lag on my laptop (granted my folks will okay the purchase), should this not come to the Wii U, please!