Awoo.

Most Heroic Sonic character(s)?

Rey Skywalker-Ren

47 minutes ago, Arstotzka said:

Shadow is probably most heroic after Sonic and Knuckles, he was ready to sacrifice everything and only did things because he was misguided and for the sake of love to people.

I don't think there's a way to twist Shadow trying to annihilate everyone on earth as heroic in any way. It's clear he wants to make up for that now, but it'll always be a black mark against him that stops him from being truly heroic to me.

I feel like as time has gone on, fans have kind of misinterpreted Shadow as this heroic and martyr figure who always fights for the greater good....completely forgetting all of the questionable shit the character has done. 

But that's honestly what happens when the passage of time goes on, a lot of fans start remembering the characters more fondly as more heroic and upstanding than they were initially.  Sonic himself has kind of been hit with this too, as most of the "attitude" that defines the character is pretty much just relegated to snarky dialogue, and even that's "out of character" for the more vocal parts of the fanbase. 

Like Peter Parker was a fucking asshole in his debut, but that's hardly ever translated into any of his modern depictions and the one time they tried to do that (Amazing Spider-Man) it was met with huge pushback.