Awoo.

Something worries me....

Rey Skywalker-Ren

Honestly I think that being worried about sonic is totally reasonable.

However we should be worried about all the characters because just as easily as sonic could get the short end of the stick so could anyone else.

What if knuckles is the only one who does a decent amount of damage in a combat centric game and everyone else is forced to wait for him to get there while doing damage that they know doesn't matter because knuckles can do it in one hit.

or

What if they really do emphasize hes the big slow guy and the only things he gets to fight are the bosses that last long enough for him to get there.

What if sonic reaches the battle first because hes so fast and totally annihilates every enemy before anyone else even sees it and the person playing him controls the game because everyone else has to be close to him to go at full speed and hes the only one who can d the cool sections like running on the walls and hitting a trail of enemies  to get to the next area.

or

What if everyone else is just barely slower than him and can go through all the speedy sections just easily as he does while also getting to use all the fun powers.

What if tails is the first to get everywhere because of his flight and ends doing everything before the others get there while his lasers can go across the map and pick off most of the enemies leaving everyone else with nothing but his left overs,

or

What if his laser are so weak the player never gets the satisfaction of being able to kill anyone himself while all his flight is good  for is reaching that hill that a bit to high for everyone else so he can hit that lever to open the door and let everyone leave.

What if amy ...

well you get the point

What i'm saying is yes its possible that using sonic ends up making the player feel like everyone else has the advantage, or the cool power or the control.

In an ideal game everyone feels like they have a part to play and they have something fun to do that no one else can.

However we all agree that we have no where near enough info to say that everyone is going to be balanced and no character will feel boring to use because all the other character are better.

I'm sure everyone here agrees we have nowhere near enough info to tell whether or not this game will fit that ideal and that it is at least possible that a character feels unneeded, under-powered or just not fun because the game was designed badly. 

So in my opinion you have all the right to worry that your favorite character "sonic" will be the one who feels that way and you don't get to full enjoy the game because of it.

However right now all we can do is sit down and hope this game ends up satisfying us all on that front.

So its not okay to show concerns for Sonic?

You can show concern, but honestly it kinda feels like you have a very black and white, all or nothing mentality in regards to this kind of stuff. If Sonic isn't special, then only his friends are special and vice versa is what I tend to get out of your concerns. They can co-exist just fine; they just need to be able to differentiate themselves from Sonic enough without feeling totally different and poorly designed.

• Thumbs Up 2

But, Sonikku, think of it this way; not only does Sonic still star in this game, but he'll really be able to show what he's made of now that he has actual direct rivalry/competition. He might even excel. I'd recommend giving this a chance at the very least.

I mean, you like 06 for Sonic and that had multiple characters galore, so why can't Boom turn out similarly for you minus the broken gameplay?

I like Sonic 2006 because playing as Sonic was fun and also playing as the friends were good as well. But I liked Sonic and Silver the best. Even the main friends were okay to play as because i felt like I was playing as the friends and not "better Sonic".

I want to give the game a chance and I will. I want Sonic to have skills equal. I want Sonic to be treated with the same respect when it come to movesets. Dont give Sonic only 2 moves while everyone else gets 4 or 5 like the Advance games. All chracters should have 5 moves that are their own. the only thing should have in common is running and jumping. everything else is them and I was happy when I saw that with the friends. Im wondering what Sonic is going to get. If it wisps then Im happy.

I worry too much and Im very sorry.

You know, saying Sonic had fewest abilities in the Advance games is very short sighted. Not only were flying and climbing slow, they were really limited by the level design. Sonic had lots of other abilities all geared around speed, like the insta-shield and especially the air dash. Other characters had no hope of matching him in speed. You just had to know what you were doing, and then Sonic was a true force to be reckoned with.

• Thumbs Up 7

You know, saying Sonic had fewest abilities in the Advance games is very short sighted. Not only were flying and climbing slow, they were really limited by the level design. Sonic had lots of other abilities all geared around speed, like the insta-shield and especially the air dash. Other characters had no hope of matching him in speed. You just had to know what you were doing, and then Sonic was a true force to be reckoned with.

Unless we're talking about Sonic Advance 2, where every character felt like a complete reskin most of the time as you were running in a straight line for 90% of the game. Then again, there was Cream the Rabbit, who would break the game more than any other Sonic character has in anything they've appeared in. Advance 1 and 3 did a fine job with handling everyone's move set, but why should we want to play as Sonic in Advance 2 when every character had the same running speed and you had Cheese the Chao to make bosses your bitch?

• Thumbs Up 1

Unless we're talking about Sonic Advance 2, where every character felt like a complete reskin most of the time as you were running in a straight line for 90% of the game. Then again, there was Cream the Rabbit, who would break the game more than any other Sonic character has in anything they've appeared in. Advance 1 and 3 did a fine job with handling everyone's move set, but why should we want to play as Sonic in Advance 2 when every character had the same running speed and you had Cheese the Chao to make bosses your bitch?

Exacly. Even Amy in Sonic Advance 2 was a Sonic reskin with hammer whirl and run dash. So she wasnt worth me playing as 3 Sonic reskins with a easy mode Sonic for the chaos emeralds just so I can get another reskin Sonic.

yeah Sonic reskins bother me.

• Thumbs Up 1

To be fair, I think Advance 2 was so bad in those regards ( as well as plenty else) that even Dimps learned their lesson from that, hence the changes made for Advance 3.

• Thumbs Up 1

To be fair, I think Advance 2 was so bad in those regards ( as well as plenty else) that even Dimps learned their lesson from that, hence the changes made for Advance 3.

Both Advance games were shitty in my opinion. Sonic Advance 3 was good game.

Woah woah woah slow your roll here. (Leaves out opinion about advance game) Sonic Advance 2 did infact have slightly different Top speeds and Burst Mode acceleration. Knuckles, Cream, and I think Amy had a more trouble reaching burst speed because of their slower burst build up / accel. Which even made some paths harder to get to. In Sky Canyon I know for sure there's a path were you need to be going really fast to reach a higher path. That's the only one I can think of though. Also I agree with statement Sonic is thd best in that game. He had more moves then most actually. Homing attack, Insta Shield, Slide, and Jump dash. Even though Tails and Knuckles can glide/climb/fly the level design is based around Sonic and their moves therefore feel sluggish and not worth the trouble. Advance three is where everyone shined besidesSonic. In that game he felt pretty basic to me. Because that's were the levels no longer catered to him and him alone and everyone had sweet moves that complimented the level design unlike Sonics.

Um… hasn't it always been that way? Ever since the introduction of new characters way back in Sonic 2, other characters have proved to be nearly as fast as Sonic himself. 

in Sonic only game  Sonic was speed and a acrobat and strong! He was everything he couldnt be with others around

I like Sonic 3 and Knuckles but its not my favorite because the better Sonics were the one who got it and they can also go super!!!! and hyper!!!

Tails can only go Super, and Knuckles Hyper Form is literally no different from his Super form besides ONE thing. Knuckles isn't better, his lower jump kind of makes the game a a fair bit more difficult, and neither Knuckles or Tails can use the Shield abilities. Every character has a flaw as well as positive.

From what I have seen its only in the show where they were going the same speed. I may have missed a preview or two. I would assume it was either sonic running at a speed the others could keep up with or just was ignored so all the characters could be seen together for the coming attractions.