Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

Fair enough. But it still comes of as fairly hypocritical.

Just because its hypocritical doesn't mean he doesn't have a point.

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's my late late review on Closed Door Policy-

• This episode is funny and pretty good!
  • That Blue Danube sequence. The kicking of the coconuts should be in sync in the music.
  • Sticks makes the best angry faces. And growls.
  • Amy gets totally rubbed in in this episode.
  • Tails isn't good in carrying things... :D
  • Sonic catching Eggman for a comic book was funny.
  • The battle with the Froglodites was cool. I liked the gear Team Sonic used.

Now to Blue with Envy...

• It was an ok episode. Closed Door was better.
  • Sonic really likes burgers instead of Chili Dogs now.
  • Suddenly Swifty! And his stunts weren't really stunts! Kinda agree with Sonic here.
  • Also Swifty is voiced by Robbie Rist, (according to the Sonic wiki)
  • Fainting party! (crash) That made me smile...
  • It was a good thing that Sonic's friends realised the error of Swifty's ways, they even supported him for that race!
  • RADICAL SHUT YOUR PIE HOLE! That was a good line from Sonic than Radical Speed.
  • Suddenly Eggman! And even more suddenly, a plot twist! (I'll give credit for that, it was pretty good).
  • I know this is plot logic, (and Swifty's speed) but Sonic's friends should've destroyed some of the Swifty bots while Fink was arranging a quick meeting to have Sonic unbanished. All Knukles did, along with the villagers, is take down that statue.
  • Also, some of the villagers are dumb, what irked me was that they didn't say thanks (That happened in a few episodes).

As for Swifty, he's okay, the voice suits him. This episode is in my OK list. 

I also saw the French version of A Good Resolution (I think that's what it's called) and I thought it was a good episode!

Here's my late late review on Closed Door Policy-

• This episode is funny and pretty good!
  • That Blue Danube sequence. The kicking of the coconuts should be in sync in the music.
  • Sticks makes the best angry faces. And growls.
  • Amy gets totally rubbed in in this episode.
  • Tails isn't good in carrying things... :D
  • Sonic catching Eggman for a comic book was funny.
  • The battle with the Froglodites was cool. I liked the gear Team Sonic used.

Now to Blue with Envy...

• It was an ok episode. Closed Door was better.
  • Sonic really likes burgers instead of Chili Dogs now.
  • Suddenly Swifty! And his stunts weren't really stunts! Kinda agree with Sonic here.
  • Also Swifty is voiced by Robbie Rist, (according to the Sonic wiki)
  • Fainting party! (crash) That made me smile...
  • It was a good thing that Sonic's friends realised the error of Swifty's ways, they even supported him for that race!
  • RADICAL SHUT YOUR PIE HOLE! That was a good line from Sonic than Radical Speed.
  • Suddenly Eggman! And even more suddenly, a plot twist! (I'll give credit for that, it was pretty good).
  • I know this is plot logic, (and Swifty's speed) but Sonic's friends should've destroyed some of the Swifty bots while Fink was arranging a quick meeting to have Sonic unbanished. All Knukles did, along with the villagers, is take down that statue.
  • Also, some of the villagers are dumb, what irked me was that they didn't say thanks (That happened in a few episodes).

As for Swifty, he's okay, the voice suits him. This episode is in my OK list. 

I also saw the French version of A Good Resolution (I think that's what it's called) and I thought it was a good episode!

I think they WANTED Sonic to destroy the robots, so he won't feel like he's unwanted, and end up following Shadow's example, and ditch friendship, and do things by himself, and Shadow would be the only one there is for him. I mean, it would've led to a multi-parter, where Sonic leaves the village, and ends up running into Shadow, who would gloat, and say "How does it feel, knowing that your very friends have deserted you to save the village that you have sought to protect? Your friends have made you weak!"

It's a shame this hiatus is lasting longer than the first, it really makes me hope we don't get a second winter hiatus, especially after this long delay. This weekend and next weekend are still listed as reruns. The 3rd weekend from now isn't listed on Mediacom yet, but I have a wild guess it'll be another rerun. I sure wish this show would come back with more episodes soon. 

It's a shame this hiatus is lasting longer than the first, it really makes me hope we don't get a second winter hiatus, especially after this long delay. This weekend and next weekend are still listed as reruns. The 3rd weekend from now isn't listed on Mediacom yet, but I have a wild guess it'll be another rerun. I sure wish this show would come back with more episodes soon.

Dude. We've already told you over and over again. It's a Summer hiatus. All shows do it and they don't do any new episodes until September,

Dude. We've already told you over and over again. It's a Summer hiatus. All shows do it and they don't do any new episodes until September,

Oh my God! What is your problem!? I wasn't even bickering this time! And that Summer Hiatus claim is bull crap, because other shows on CN are still being shown with new episodes. CN has at least 2 English episodes of Sonic Boom, which have no excuse to not have been shown on TV yet. Just don't bother replying back to me. I have every right to share my opinion with Sonic fans, and I don't need you to constantly act like every opinion I say is wrong in every way. How would you like it if I responded to every post you said, with a quote like "for the last time, nobody cares", because that's how you're making me feel, whenever you respond to my opinions. This is the Sonic Boom TV Show thread, I was just posting a simple response to hoping the show will come back soon. Also, most tv show hiatuses give an estimate of when the show will resume it's run, but not only did this show not have an official announcement or notice on it's hiatus, but they didn't even give us any info on when new episodes will return. It's hard to treat something as a hiatus, when no one from CN or Sega has given us an official heads up. People working on Sonic Boom gave us notice ahead of time when Sonic Boom went on a Winter Hiatus, and told us it would be back in January. They didn't do the same when they delayed the show again over a month ago, and still no word on it.  Why are you even on this thread, since you don't even seem to care about Sonic Boom.

But Ryan does care about Sonic Boom, that's why he's on this thread all the time.

What he's trying to say is: You're a broken record. Every Saturday you pop by this thread telling us about no new episode has aired yet again. Doesn't matter if you weren't bickering or not because it's the same message you're giving.

We get it, we know. We are upset about this too, but repeating ourselves especially when ANY of the CN team never view this thread isn't going to change anything and isn't going to help.

We are also lucky to have Blue with Envy (which is US' next episode after Chez Amy) and Closed Door Policy on YouTube.

If you're impatient, watch the French episodes with English subs Ryan posted in this thread earlier.

But just enjoy your summer doing something else, when it's September fire up your TV on Saturday morning.

• Thumbs Up 2

So I presume Sonic Boom isn't getting a hiatus and France is still airing episodes as we speak? Just curious.

So I presume Sonic Boom isn't getting a hiatus and France is still airing episodes as we speak? Just curious.

Boom episodes are made in France, which explains why they air there first. To air in the US, they'd have to give the French dub episodes to Sega so they can record the English dub.

Except all the English voice acting was done last year, All 52 episodes are already done and ready to air.

• Thumbs Up 1

Except all the English voice acting was done last year, All 52 episodes are already done and ready to air.

so then why the "hiatus"

so then why the "hiatus"

Because all shows go on hiatus for summer. They happen at different times, but they all do so around the same time.

Now this guy knows what he's talking about. Not all shows go on Summer hiatuses. Read your facts before saying things. If you read up on Sonic Boom, you'd know it's made in cooperation with France and America. While the animation is done at a French studio, the English voice recording is done first. It makes sense too, because a lot of the animation seems more suitable for the English language, compared to French. If you watch both versions in comparison, the mouth movements seem to match the English better than the French language. 

so then why the "hiatus"

Because, in this part of the Northern Hemisphere, this is the Summer. People are going to be more likely to be traveling during this time of the year than planting their behinds down to watch some shows. Shows like, say, Steven Universe and Gravity Falls, are more the exceptions with this sort of thing (putting it lightly in the case of the latter show).

There's plenty of reasons for shows to go on hiatus in America. Sometimes the show isn't pulling its weight in ratings and they want to compare it with another show in the same time slots to compare performance. Sometimes they want to stretch out the show's longevity and thus perform planned breaks instead of blowing through the entire thing in a year. Sometimes they want to do a sweep in raising advertising revenue and take shows off, only to return them and advertise them as such. They're more than likely not doing this to spite the fans, even though Sonic Boom still isn't up there with the current CN greats like Steven Universe and Regular Show, or even freakin' Teen Titans Go. They could be doing this for any number of reasons for the sake of the show's longevity and the channel's success. It would be more helpful to get on social media and ask what the deal is to people working on it.

• Thumbs Up 5

Okay, it's getting a little heated here.  I'm going to ask that we all cool down a bit before we devolve into flame war territory.

• Thumbs Up 7

There's plenty of reasons for shows to go on hiatus in America. Sometimes the show isn't pulling its weight in ratings and they want to compare it with another show in the same time slots to compare performance. Sometimes they want to stretch out the show's longevity and thus perform planned breaks instead of blowing through the entire thing in a year. Sometimes they want to do a sweep in raising advertising revenue and take shows off, only to return them and advertise them as such. They're more than likely not doing this to spite the fans, even though Sonic Boom still isn't up there with the current CN greats like Steven Universe and Regular Show, or even freakin' Teen Titans Go. They could be doing this for any number of reasons for the sake of the show's longevity and the channel's success. It would be more helpful to get on social media and ask what the deal is to people working on it.

Factor in the fact that It's being used to promote the Sonic Boom Games. They're probably waiting for Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice to hit America, so they can air more of the new episodes, as part of America's Season 2!

Wouldn't it be nice if Sonic Boom got a marathon on Cartoon Network, in celebration of the 24th anniversary of Sonic?

Wouldn't it be nice if Sonic Boom got a marathon on Cartoon Network, in celebration of the 24th anniversary of Sonic?

Of course, but CN doesn't know sonic boom exists remember....

You know what? SEGA should just take the series from Cartoon Network, and either make it a Netflix Exclusive, OR put it on a Network that can treat it right, either Disney XD or Nicktoons. I mean, if CN themselves don't like it, it goes to the trash, and we get MORE TTG to replace Boom! Either that, or they bring back the High Fructose Adventures of the Annoying Orange!

You know what? SEGA should just take the series from Cartoon Network, and either make it a Netflix Exclusive, OR put it on a Network that can treat it right, either Disney XD or Nicktoons. I mean, if CN themselves don't like it, it goes to the trash, and we get MORE TTG to replace Boom! Either that, or they bring back the High Fructose Adventures of the Annoying Orange!

how about no, since i don't have either of those channels :)

So, on the Australia TV guides for June 27, there's a new episode airing called Curse of the Cross Eyed Moose.  I'm not really sure if this one will air, considering normally when they say there's a new episode (Like what happened with Blue with Envy) it doesn't air. However, just in case it does air, I'll keep an eye out and maybe take some pictures and I might post a summary here after the episode.  Anyone heard about this episode and has it aired in France because I've never heard of this one.

So, on the Australia TV guides for June 27, there's a new episode airing called Curse of the Cross Eyed Moose. I'm not really sure if this one will air, considering normally when they say there's a new episode (Like what happened with Blue with Envy) it doesn't air. However, just in case it does air, I'll keep an eye out and maybe take some pictures and I might post a summary here after the episode.  Anyone heard about this episode and has it aired in France?

Well a few pages back, there were spoiler pictures of that episode you mentioned, and there was a summary from the translated version of Wikipedia (If I remember correctly)

After seeing a cross-eyed moose, Sticks is convinced that she and her friends are cursed. They set out to find a mystical marmoset who is the only one who can remove the curse. 

I'm going to guess that summary was found out by google translate, and I don't really trust that thing, so we can't be sure.

Also, about that supposed new episode, here's the synopsis from the TV Guides here in Australia:

''After seeing a cross-eyed moose, Sticks is convinced that she and her friends are cursed. They set out to find a mystical marmoset who is the only one who can remove the curse.''

Well a few pages back, there were spoiler pictures of that episode you mentioned, and there was a summary from the translated version of Wikipedia (If I remember correctly)

After seeing a cross-eyed moose, Sticks is convinced that she and her friends are cursed. They set out to find a mystical marmoset who is the only one who can remove the curse. 

I'm going to guess that summary was found out by google translate, and I don't really trust that thing, so we can't be sure.

That synopsis was the same one I just posted on the TV Guides. Again, If it does air, I'll keep you guys posted.