Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

Since I could never really get into the Archie comics, I can totally deny that (at least, I can definitely say it wouldn't be better for me).

Same here. It wouldn't be for me either.

When have Team Sonic ever been "complete douchebags" to the villagers? It only ever seems to be the other way around.

I've only watched a few episodes, so maybe it's the other way around overall, but I just remember watching and thinking 'Sonic and co. are horrible to everyone, even each other'. I mean, in one episode Knuckles drives a villager insane, causing him to become a villain! (I know Knuckles' supposed to be stupid and didn't know he was being insufferably cruel, but there is no way he's that stupid). But as I said above I've only watched a few episodes so maybe it's the other way around, it was just my two-cents. I'm not an expert on the show or anything.

What's your guys' favorite moment? My favorite is that random trash can guy in "Just a Guy" and when Sonic made those weird noises in "Designated Heroes" 

omg when Sonic did that I almost passed out.

I've only watched a few episodes, so maybe it's the other way around overall, but I just remember watching and thinking 'Sonic and co. are horrible to everyone, even each other'. I mean, in one episode Knuckles drives a villager insane, causing him to become a villain! (I know Knuckles' supposed to be stupid and didn't know he was being insufferably cruel, but there is no way he's that stupid). But as I said above I've only watched a few episodes so maybe it's the other way around, it was just my two-cents. I'm not an expert on the show or anything.

You do make a point on Charlie even though Charlie began to bully Knuckles after. Me personally I don't really think much about it, and I don't notice the douchebaggery unless it's intended like in "Just a Guy." After you watch the others though you might find it either being balanced or the other way around.

• Thumbs Up 1

You do make a point on Charlie even though Charlie began to bully Knuckles after. Me personally I don't really think much about it, and I don't notice the douchebaggery unless it's intended like in "Just a Guy." After you watch the others though you might find it either being balanced or the other way around.

I thought Charlie had lost his mind by that point.

I'll probably post my thoughts on the show again after watching the whole season (if I can get through it lol).

my favorite moment was when shadow kicked sonic's ass

if CN actually does get season 2, I hope shadow will just randomly appear beating up sonic like the chicken does to peter in family guy

• Thumbs Up 1

if CN actually does get season 2, I hope shadow will just randomly appear beating up sonic like the chicken does to peter in family guy

The last thing this show needs is any jokes from Family Guy. The cutaway gag in episode 51 was enough (granted, it was a funny joke, but it was still set up exactly like a Family Guy cutaway gag).

That said, I totally agree that Shadow needs to be in more episodes; he's pretty much the only character that can give Sonic an actual challenge, and seeing him get the crap beat out of him was pretty awesome and hilarious.

• Thumbs Up 6

The last thing this show needs is any jokes from Family Guy. The cutaway gag in episode 51 was enough (granted, it was a funny joke, but it was still set up exactly like a Family Guy cutaway gag).

That said, I totally agree that Shadow needs to be in more episodes; he's pretty much the only character that can give Sonic an actual challenge, and seeing him get the crap beat out of him was pretty awesome and hilarious.

I agree. A lot of people are upset over him though due to personality/reasoning. Considering this IS an AU, and Chaos Emeralds don't exist, Shadow can just have teleporting powers/chaos control like powers on his own. After all, this is a show about a blue talking hedgehog with super speed.

what I really would love for them to do is to involve just a bit more plot. Sure, have random episodes but have a few story arc episodes like say "Curse of the Hidden Temple Part 1" "Curse of the Hidden Temple Part 2". I think they should try adding a few story arc episodes and see how it goes. 

Going back to Shadow, a lot of people are upset about him as I said before. I think they should make a sort of flashback episode on why Shadow hates Sonic so much. I honestly think it'll be hilarious if like, Sonic burnt Shadow's food or something and Shadow just like wants revenge

Going back to Shadow, a lot of people are upset about him as I said before. I think they should make a sort of flashback episode on why Shadow hates Sonic so much. I honestly think it'll be hilarious if like, Sonic burnt Shadow's food or something and Shadow just like wants revenge

The funny thing is that during the time we realized that Shadow was going to be in the show, some of us theorized that Shadow wanted to kick Sonic's butt because of a broken lawn chair. Like we guessed that Eggman during a previous attack, caused Shadow's lawn chair to be destroyed so Shadow was upset and we thought Eggman convinced Shadow that if he kick Sonic' butt for him, he'll give him a new one.

Silly, stupid? Yes but it's funny nonetheless.

• Thumbs Up 4

The funny thing is that during the time we realized that Shadow was going to be in the show, some of us theorized that Shadow wanted to kick Sonic's butt because of a broken lawn chair. Like we guessed that Eggman during a previous attack, caused Shadow's lawn chair to be destroyed so Shadow was upset and we thought Eggman convinced Shadow that if he kick Sonic' butt for him, he'll give him a new one.

Silly, stupid? Yes but it's funny nonetheless.

They should totally do that. Considering Shadow is supposed to be the only serious character but in a funny way, that'll just be glorious.

after all, from the episode it looks like Shadow is very serious about his carpentry

• Thumbs Up 7

after all, from the episode it looks like Shadow is very serious about his carpentry

Very, very true.

• Thumbs Up 1

Very, very true.

You can tell someone is very serious about carpentry after they Dragonball Z somebody to the ground just for building basically an IKEA bookcase wrong.

Hm, other than actual plot episodes and some flashbacks on why Shadow hates Sonic so much, what else would you guys like to see? First off, I'm just gonna say I do like Shadow's personality in the show and I think they could seriously make it better for the fans as well if they just explain why he hates Sonic. I just love how Shadow is like so done with Eggman xD

Back to what I am trying to say, I would also love Silver the Hedgehog and Blaze the Cat to make an appearance. I noticed a LOT of people hate Silver, but a good amount of people like him too. Me, he's easily my favorite character. Considering this IS an AU they could easily bring them back. I think it would be cool if Silver and Blaze were protectors of a neighboring village, and maybe there could be an episode where there's like a "Next Top Hero" or something where they have to compete. That'll be funny. Also, this show really brings out everyone's personality and since we don't really see much of Blaze and Silver especially more recently putting them in the show would be really cool.

It would be cool if maybe Rouge and Omega could come back to bring back Team Dark, and maybe they could be sorta like mercenaries to different villages/town and they view Sonic and his team as toddlers basically. Or if the show wanted to go a more villain route they could have Eggman hire them or something.

Thats IF the show brings back characters. Bill Freiburger (probably spelt his last name wrong- he's the producer of the show) said they can't bring back old characters due to economic/copyright issues which is understandable but due to the success of this show they might be able to do it now. After all he said this back when the show first aired last year and now it looks like they have a much better budget now. As evident in the last episode they also want to see what the fans want.

tl;dr- I really want to see Silver and Blaze.

Edited by Aqua7KH
  • Thumbs Up 1

I personally don't really mind if we got a backstory for why Shadow hates Sonic but I would like to see more plot-focused episodes since I am confident that the Boom team can pull it off while keeping the comical and satirical nature of the show intact. But I would kind of prefer to not include anymore of the game characters since it is its own canon and I really doubt the other characters will add much to the show but if they can do it well, then sure why not? 

Actually, my biggest pet peeve about the show is that OuiDo! can't seem to do liquids well, like at all! It's probably my biggest gripe with the show, it looks sooo bad. Oh yeah, make the episodes longer if they need to or get a better editor.

Outside of that? Eh, nothing that can't be fixed with a bigger budget (more locations, smoother animation and the like) so yeah, that's it from my part.

• Thumbs Up 3

Actually, my biggest pet peeve about the show is that OuiDo! can't seem to do liquids well, like at all! It's probably my biggest gripe with the show, it looks sooo bad.

The Sonic Show talks about that a lot and I've noticed it too. Damn, the liquid effects look... horrible. So thick. And most of the time I think it defies the laws of gravity.

• Thumbs Up 2

The Sonic Show talks about that a lot and I've noticed it too. Damn, the liquid effects look... horrible. So thick. And most of the time I think it defies the laws of gravity.

Oh wow, someone here besides me actually watched the Sonic Boom commentaries?! Kevin, Cat and Donnie would be so proud...

probably not

• Thumbs Up 1

I personally don't really mind if we got a backstory for why Shadow hates Sonic but I would like to see more plot-focused episodes since I am confident that the Boom team can pull it off while keeping the comical and satirical nature of the show intact. But I would kind of prefer to not include anymore of the game characters since it is its own canon and I really doubt the other characters will add much to the show but if they can do it well, then sure why not? 

Actually, my biggest pet peeve about the show is that OuiDo! can't seem to do liquids well, like at all! It's probably my biggest gripe with the show, it looks sooo bad. Oh yeah, make the episodes longer if they need to or get a better editor.

Outside of that? Eh, nothing that can't be fixed with a bigger budget (more locations, smoother animation and the like) so yeah, that's it from my part.

I agree with liquids and longer episodes. I also certainly agree they can definitely pull off plot-focused episodes. Episodes like Closed Door Policy and It Takes a Village to Defeat a Hedgehog was great and those were the closest we had to plot based episodes. All we need now is actual plot and longer epiosdes/part episodes and we're good. Honestly I can see those plot episodes be even funnier than the regular ones.

And you do have a point with the character thing. Still, I'd love to see what they could do with it.

Dat Amy Sauce... 

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh wow, someone here besides me actually watched the Sonic Boom commentaries?! Kevin, Cat and Donnie would be so proud...

probably not

Yeah. I binge watched a whole bunch of episodes with their commentaries and found them hilarious! Loved it, so I subscribed to the channel.

Lol.

Dat Amy Sauce... 

Yeah, exactly what I thought of.

Edited by Miss Haalyle Claus
  • Thumbs Up 1

probably not

I watch it too but stopped after like I dunno episode 20? They just stopped uploading them and after they did start uploading them I just didn't get back into it.

I love watching Squidtepig Wilson's (Now Project Asra's) blind reactions of Sonic Boom. It's hilarious and he's such a great guy. His reactions are perfect too. I also watch Werewoof's blind reactions but ehhhhh I love Squid's reactions wayyyyyyy better. He's just a cool guy and every time I feel like crap he just lifts my mood.

• Thumbs Up 4

probably not

You did good, son.

• Thumbs Up 5

You did good, son.

Shut up Donnie! You're not my real mom!

But for real, thanks for spreading the love, beard bro!

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm just so pumped and so sad that we won't get any more Sonic Boom until next year. I can't wait to see what the next season will bring and I just hope Shadow will have more of a role in a second season even its like a reoccuring character role. I also don't mind his voice. Kirk Thorton's Shadow impression never really bothered me. I think it would be better if he did his Saïx voice (a character he plays in Kingdom Hearts) for Shadow. I find it much more fitting if he did that but a bit more agrravated sounding. Fun Fact: Quenton Flynn, the guy who now voices Silver also voices Axel from Kingdom Hearts. Axel and Saïx have a close relationship in the game. (Don't want to spoil it)

• Thumbs Up 5

Yeah, I don't think we really need any new characters, from the game canon or otherwise, with the sole exception of maybe a human female super villainess to serve as a foil to Eggman. I think it's a pretty funny idea and it would be pretty nice to see that there are other humans in the Boomverse besides just Eggman. 

Other than that, though, we don't need to add any new characters in season 2 (perhaps a theoretical third season, but not season 2). Rather, I think the writers should make better use of the ones they introduced in the last quarter of season 1. At the end of episode 52, they commented on the fact that they only have eight main characters. Alright, they're aware of one of the show's issues, now they can do something about it.They already just about promoted Dave to main (or at least secondary) character status by the end of the season, and that's good. I don't particularly care for the Lightning Bolt Society, but Dave is easily the best character in the group and, on his own, makes for a pretty funny loser "villain." If they can give him a bigger role and even give him his own episode, they can do that for other characters and they'll have a larger main cast to work with for more interesting plots.

Now that we have Shadow, make him a recurring rival for Sonic (and give him some episodes that show he isn't perpetually angry). Charlie and his wife would make a really interesting pair of recurring antagonists, especially if they stick with the former's schtick of being knowledgeable enough about the Ancients to use their technology.

Make Metal Sonic one of Eggman's recurring robots. He may not be much of a character in this canon, but using him during a battle instead of Obliterator Bot for the umpteenth time would be some nice visual fanservice for the viewers. They could also make up some pretty funny plots or jokes if they would take advantage of the fact that we now literally have two Sonics. Heck, three episodes immediately come to mind (after Metal's introduction, by the way) where the writers could have easily used him (Robot Battle Royale as the robot Eggman used in the tournament, No Robots Allowed with a cameo, and the finale), but didn't.

Make Perci a more important character. She's a cool character with a great design, voice and independent personality, and a lot of fans seem to like her. While they're at it, they should use her sister, Staci. I think we all know that the creators just made her up to justify having a Perci on each of Knux's arms. What's done is done. Now, do something funny with her, like maybe a twin confusion plot or something. Yeah, it's a cliché plot, but if there's one thing Sonic Boom is good at, it's taking overused plots and making them funny, so why not?

Heck, even Zooey, who doesn't have much of a personality beyond being cute and sweet, can be used more in season two and developed into an actual character. The writers have plenty of characters with lots of potential, they just need to use them and develop them more. If they do that alone, I'm confident season two would be much, much better.

• Thumbs Up 3

Yeah, I don't think we really need any new characters, from the game canon or otherwise, with the sole exception of maybe a human female super villainess to serve as a foil to Eggman. I think it's a pretty funny idea and it would be pretty nice to see that there are other humans in the Boomverse besides just Eggman. 

Other than that, though, we don't need to add any new characters in season 2 (perhaps a theoretical third season, but not season 2). Rather, I think the writers should make better use of the ones they introduced in the last quarter of season 1. At the end of episode 52, they commented on the fact that they only have eight main characters. Alright, they're aware of one of the show's issues, now they can do something about it.They already just about promoted Dave to main (or at least secondary) character status by the end of the season, and that's good. I don't particularly care for the Lightning Bolt Society, but Dave is easily the best character in the group and, on his own, makes for a pretty funny loser "villain." If they can give him a bigger role and even give him his own episode, they can do that for other characters and they'll have a larger main cast to work with for more interesting plots.

Now that we have Shadow, make him a recurring rival for Sonic (and give him some episodes that show he isn't perpetually angry). Charlie and his wife would make a really interesting pair of recurring antagonists, especially if they stick with the former's schtick of being knowledgeable enough about the Ancients to use their technology.

Make Metal Sonic one of Eggman's recurring robots. He may not be much of a character in this canon, but using him during a battle instead of Obliterator Bot for the umpteenth time would be some nice visual fanservice for the viewers. They could also make up some pretty funny plots or jokes if they would take advantage of the fact that we now literally have two Sonics. Heck, three episodes immediately come to mind (after Metal's introduction, by the way) where the writers could have easily used him (Robot Battle Royale as the robot Eggman used in the tournament, No Robots Allowed with a cameo, and the finale), but didn't.

Make Perci a more important character. She's a cool character with a great design, voice and independent personality, and a lot of fans seem to like her. While they're at it, they should use her sister, Staci. I think we all know that the creators just made her up to justify having a Perci on each of Knux's arms. What's done is done. Now, do something funny with her, like maybe a twin confusion plot or something. Yeah, it's a cliché plot, but if there's one thing Sonic Boom is good at, it's taking overused plots and making them funny, so why not?

Heck, even Zooey, who doesn't have much of a personality beyond being cute and sweet, can be used more in season two and developed into an actual character. The writers have plenty of characters with lots of potential, they just need to use them and develop them more. If they do that alone, I'm confident season two would be much, much better.

Now that you say that maybe just keeping with Boom charaters is fine on its own! I absolutely love Perci, and with her twin maybe it'll be funny if they did one of those classic evil twin episodes. That could be very funny if done right. No matter what, I realllllly want Shadow to appear more and be a main rival. I also really love Zoey

• Thumbs Up 1

More shadow would be good. Perci would be... alright. 

Pushing the shadow's a rich spoiled brat in that universe idea. 

Edited by Shadowlax

I unno, the whole "you're an embarrassment to your race" gives me more a proud warrior race guy vibe.

Maybe Sonic did something that got them both kicked out of their clan or something that wasn't Shadow's fault and that's why he hates Sonic.

probably not

Urgh, I hate those guys...

• Thumbs Up 2