Awoo.

Sonic Boom announced (Wii U/3DS)

Carbo

Quite an ambitious, yet risky statement considering you and me both don't have sturdy information  about how fast the game will be yet.

Are you going to make these sorts of posts every time I comment on how the game looks?
  • Thumbs Up 1

Whoa, let's not start something already. Neither of us can't really tell whether Boom is going to be fast or slow, and it's alright to make guesses until we actually see the game in action. So let us continue to analyze the footage until we get confirmation.

Hey guys, I noticed something;

Towards the end of the trailer where the four heroes are being closed in on by a group of robots, the gold one approaching Knuckles stops moving but continues to do a walking animation for the last millisecond. I hope that this bug won't be in the final game...

There is also an animation bug where when Sonic's legs are spread out into a combat pose in the trailer, his crotch area has a bulge of some sort. This is either his tail, or a rigging problem. Looks funny though.

I still think that, being surrounded, scene is a cutscene. Because it's already known that its four only in hubs which I guess that is. So yeah it probably plays before the one clip where we see Tails laser shooting.

They've also said that all 4 will be present during boss battles.

So maybe that is like the Robot Carnival/Storm from Sonic Heroes?

500px-Heroes_RobotStorm.png

... I really hope the fighting system is fun.

• Thumbs Up 6

Enemies go down in two or three hits, please. None of this large health meter plus "use a combo to win" method.

Assuming they draw inspiration from Jak and Crash for combat mechanics, we shouldn't be too worried. Particularly if they get powerups that can be used to more easily dispatch of large groups of enemies.

Jak 2 had an insanely frustrating level where you were on these narrow walkways and dozens of enemies were coming at you from all directions. Trying to jump off the walkway into the water below was a cheat that the devs expected and resulted in being fried by a defense robot that prowls the waters. Moving too fast resulted in being shot by the transport ships that were deploying the enemies. You only could take four hits before dying and it was a LONG distance. Each enemy, meanwhile, took about two hits to kill, though fortunately Jak had guns to make the difference.

So... we can most likely expect this, even if it has solid gameplay, to have one fighting section that makes us all RAWRRRR.

This needs to be put out there; Steven is an absolute star. He's been super friendly with the fanbase and is taking part in community discussions, despite the fact that he's busy producing this all day. He's very kindly taken part in interviews with fan sites/channels too, and given us some good insight into the development if the game and TV show. He has been absolutely brilliant, and I'm sure he will continue to be. I really hope he gets to produce more Sonic games in the future! (Not that I'm wishing him to be worked to death)

Looks like Stephen Frost is the next Aaron webber.

• Thumbs Up 4

He's just being the connection to fanbase for feedback, a lot of Western devs do it too, this is why it's good to finally have a western Sonic developer, no language barriers and no ignoring possible feedback from the people they are making for!

• Thumbs Up 5

Well Webber also interacts with the fanbase as well but Frost does it better due to those reasons. Can't E3 come any faster?

Enemies go down in two or three hits, please. None of this large health meter plus "use a combo to win" method.

Assuming they draw inspiration from Jak and Crash for combat mechanics, we shouldn't be too worried. Particularly if they get powerups that can be used to more easily dispatch of large groups of enemies.

Jak 2 had an insanely frustrating level where you were on these narrow walkways and dozens of enemies were coming at you from all directions. Trying to jump off the walkway into the water below was a cheat that the devs expected and resulted in being fried by a defense robot that prowls the waters. Moving too fast resulted in being shot by the transport ships that were deploying the enemies. You only could take four hits before dying and it was a LONG distance. Each enemy, meanwhile, took about two hits to kill, though fortunately Jak had guns to make the difference.

So... we can most likely expect this, even if it has solid gameplay, to have one fighting section that makes us all RAWRRRR.

God I remember that mission, it was probably one of the toughest ones in the game (besides racing that guy throughout the city) and even though it was nail biting, I semi hope that there is a section like that in the game that really pushes you.

I don't know if this has been posted yet, and to be frank, I'm not sorting through 85 pages just to find out.

This is Chris Senn's forum; he mostly discusses Sonic X-treme related stuff with fans, which is really awesome. he is the member "kurisu". Considering he is the lead level designer I suppose this is relevant.

PRAISE PROJECT AXSX

EDIT: This goes without saying, but please don't pester him with Boom questions. You know he can't answer.

• Thumbs Up 2

I am looking forward to this game. I really want to get a 3DS this year and hope to purchase it.

Thanks for the kind comments. They do mean a lot. I certainly will continue to do what I can, whenever I can, throughout the whole development of this project. I feel it's important to interact with the fanbase as much as possible, given all the passion that comes out of it. From amazing artwork to deep analysis of all the info that has been releases so far, you all continue to surprise and inspire me to work even harder each and every day.

It's our pleasure, Mr. Frost! You don't have to give us a whole lot of info but maybe you can give us a few hints. It is absolutely great to hear that you wnat to interact with the fanbase as much as possible and please do tell the Sonic Boom team that we'll be very happy to play it but make sure Knuckles isn't a complete idiot though! XD

Oh wow the producer of sonic boom joined this website! That is pretty cool. I hope you enjoy making the game!

Oh, I was wondering if that was original music or not. Nice find! 

Oh, I was wondering if that was original music or not. Nice find! 

I'm pretty sure Boom is going to have original music. They just use other songs for the trailers, they seem to be doing it ever since Generations with Tenderoni and Na Na Na.

Oh yeah, I had my doubts that would be original since it doesn't seem to fit with Sonic that well if it was the final boss theme but what's Phoenix Rising?

Edited by Soni

I'm pretty sure Boom is going to have original music. They just use other songs for the trailers, they seem to be doing it ever since Generations with Tenderoni and Na Na Na.

3888-that-isnt-right.png

...of course Sonic Boom is going to have original music. An entire soundtrack using licensed music would need quite a budget.

I wasn't even implying such a thing.

• Thumbs Up 8

3888-that-isnt-right.png

...of course Sonic Boom is going to have original music. An entire soundtrack using licensed music would need quite a budget.

I wasn't even implying such a thing.

Yeah, my bad. I read it the wrong way, my mistake. It's 10 pm here, getting a bit screwy here.

Edited by Soni

It's probably to late for this but i dont think anyone ever even mentioned this map from the behind the scenes video

blurry+turned.jpg

Not really that much to say about it

-The giant house in the middle is out of place.

-I question whether its a entire map or just a piece of it

-the large amount of purple rock reminds me of a theory i had about this game having a corruption theme.

• Thumbs Up 5

its at 5:45 and use see it from different angles after

The picture i posted was zoomed in,straightened and edited to try to improve clarity.

Also stephen, if you're reading this, I told you i'd find it.