Awoo.

Sonic Boom announced (Wii U/3DS)

Carbo

Not eve n a bundle with two mario games or Zelda have been much of a help. This wouldnt either. Plus by doing that your selling the games at a loss because the price only covers the console

You mean the bundle with the half assed side scroller isn't going to attract people? Or the bundle with the remake? What a shock.

Yes, it's a loss but it helps in the long run of things, and that's what's important.

Umm, I guess I'm too late to the party, but I must say, that this game is much better then SLW, because it's the first game since Sonic Next Gen, which has more than one playable characters, and all of them have their own unique abilities. It also looks like a game with a truly serious plot and it doesn't look like a Mario game. Actually, I don't hate Mario, but mixing Mario and Sonic is a shame. But the most thrilling thing for me is its music, because I've read some rumors which said that no one of Sega composers was going to take part in composing music for this game. I have more to say about this game, but my bad English doesn't allow me to do it :P

You mean the bundle with the half assed side scroller isn't going to attract people? Or the bundle with the remake? What a shock.

Yes, it's a loss but it helps in the long run of things, and that's what's important.

That still doesn't help Sonic Boom's financial success

That still doesn't help Sonic Boom's financial success

I'm sure Nintendo would work some deal out with SEGA to insure that it would make SEGA a profit, like a 30-70 deal of the cut those sales make. It would be in their best interest for their continued relationship with SEGA if this proved to be a success.

I'm sure Nintendo would work some deal out with SEGA to insure that it would make SEGA a profit, like a 30-70 deal of the cut those sales make. It would be in their best interest for their continued relationship with SEGA if this proved to be a success.

Yeah that deal is already in effect with the 3 exclusives and the possibility to cover publshing on europe again. I doubt that Nintendo would want to dish out more money Sega' s way after the pay out of the deal.

since all the discussion on it is in this thread here were my thoughts in another thread

Actualy, there are several pretty obvious reasons:

1. BRB is still an unknown and untested quanity, if they screw up its better that the fallout is limited to 1 system
  2. Target audience: Nintendo despite its current issues with the wii-u still has a huge appeal to the family and younger demographic, and for better or worse that image is unlikely to change
  3. The amount of sales needed for profit will be much smaller since Nintendo is footing a Decent chunk of the bill for the exclusivity
  4. One system means less of the budget goes into optimizations and trouble shooting for multiple platforms instead of the game
  5. Where would this shoein title come from? all of Segas studios are tied up at the moment, and taking the risk of their tv series tie-in gamins selling less may be worth the benefits;

Could go on a bit further, but I think that makes my point, and again remember at least part of the 20 milion bill has been covered by nintendo due to the exclusivity, if I had to guess somewhere in the 25% range wouldnt surprise me, so they arent making as big a loss as it would have been if they had gone multiplat, had an inferior product, and tanked. It also provides a safe proving ground for BRB as a team

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe next year's multiplat is even bigger than Boom? Might make sense, considering it is meant to be on all 3 next gen systems (which means more expense)..

In Japan, not in Europe. But I can be wrong.

Nope. It was Europe for Lost World so a similar situation can be expected here

Am listening to it now! Woo! Cheers, Barry.

Do you mind if I make a summary, or would you rather people listened to it themselves first?

Am listening to it now! Woo! Cheers, Barry.

Do you mind if I make a summary, or would you rather people listened to it themselves first?

I'd appreciate holding off on a summary. It's a good show well worth a listen! I'd hate to see our efforts reduced to a bulleted list. ;)

• Thumbs Up 1

Who's Stephen Frost? Frosty the Snowman's brother?

You think the bundle with has-been mascot game will? =P

Boink.

Yo7LDXB.png

Sonic                     Roger Craig Smith

•         Dr Eggman          Mike Pollock

•         Tails                       Colleen Villard

•         Knuckles              Travis Willingham

•         Amy                       Cindy Robinson

•         Orbot                    Kirk Thornton

•         Cubot                    Wally Wingert

•         Voice Director    Jack Fletcher

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK6uQyteDOU

• Thumbs Up 5

Orbot and Cubot should be interesting. I'm not their biggest fan. Tails has been recast though? I never would have guessed from the trailer.

Interesting thing that's easily overlooked: Tails and Knuckles wearing clothes in early concept art.

12776707293_357d75cca5_b.jpg

I'm glad SEGA said no.

• Thumbs Up 2

Can't watch video yet but maaaan I really hope Amy has some new voice direction for this.  It's not even me being all "an action girl can't have a girly high pitched voice!" just the Minnie Mouse voice is innately annoying to listen to for a large amount of dialogue.

• Thumbs Up 2

Interesting thing that's easily overlooked: Tails and Knuckles wearing clothes in early concept art.

"We thought long and hard about every change... red trousers are just so last season!"

Knuckles having some clothes might've helped, I still think he looks kinda naked compared to the other three (even though Sonic and Tails still aren't wearing much).

• Thumbs Up 3

A lot of the dialogue for the TV show in that trailer was hilarious and amazing. Knuckles is still a class A moron tho'.

• Thumbs Up 1

Knuckles tries to eat himself... I was hoping they weren't going for the "big dumb" angle with him.