Awoo.

Sonic Runn..er wait... "SSMB YOU CREATED A TIME PARADOX!"

Badnik Mechanic

*sits back a gets ready for the coming year*

Guys. 2014-2015 is going to be very interesting. Shitstorms, Rage, Hype, Disappointment. Oh man....

My-Body-is-Ready-random-31574387-320-319

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm going to stay decidedly quiet on this one for a while. Speculation is almost never a good thing, and like hype, I don't want to get involved.

I'll wait until we get a title and some sort of big announcement (E3?) before discussing this.

And in other news, Todays best announcement.

B6686.w300h300.jpg

Sonic the Hedgehog ice! Now we can all cool off when the news gets us all hyped.

That looks potentially deadly and painful. 

...I want it.

What's this?

w5kc.jpg

I certainly don't recognise that art. It looks like typical Classic stock art at a glance, but isn't. I think it may be the Jazwares minimorphs?

maxresdefault.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

So why would that make the console pathetic? Wouldn't it be the developers fault (Who if are actually Sonic Team, have yet to work on it)?

Almost every single game released so far on the PS4 and Xbox One has favoured the PS4 in terms of better performance. At this point I'm not entirely convinced that it's solely the developers fault. That's all I'm saying.

I really don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I probably am sounding like one, so I'll stop.

2015 does seem quite far away for a Sonic title. Going 1+ years without a Sonic title? Ouch!

Keep in mind that the 3DS was excluded too. Dimps is probably working on some sort of Sonic title in cooperation with Sonic Team.

What's this?

I certainly don't recognise that art. It looks like typical Classic stock art at a glance, but isn't.

Yeah I was curious about that too, I thought it looked different but wasn't sure. Now you've done that to the image it's definitely not the artwork I was thinking of. 

Aw man, so that means no Sonic games for PS3 anymore. *sighs*

Sadly, I don´t plan to buy a PS4 nor a Xbox One in the future. I would buy a 3DS but this platform always gets the half-assed version. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah I was curious about that too, I thought it looked different but wasn't sure. Now you've done that to the image it's definitely not the artwork I was thinking of. 

Aaaaand post edited. Think we've got our answer :P Mini morph figures.

If they can manage to balance a buildup for the next Sonic starting sometime later this year I think we'd be good. Though it really does leave you wondering what happened to the third exclusive.. maybe Sega realized the risk of making another Nintendo-exclusive main title is too steep of a risk considering SLW's poor sales? That makes the most sense, since Sega's not in the best financial state to take that kind of low blow.

Still though, multiplatform.. that sounds so good right now. All three next-gen consoles getting the next Sonic. Loving how that sounds, since there's been no signs of that from nearly anywhere else. And knowing Sega's close ties to Nintendo it's assuring to know it won't be dropped for no reason!

The movie though.. it worries me.

I certainly hope it's based on the games, and if it's based on Boom then I hope Boom's shifted it's style / focus to be more game centric. I sure as hell don't want a CG Sonic movie if it means off-model character designs and world building. That would suck ass so hard I wouldn't even know how to react, since if anything making a movie would do nothing but shape everyone's opinion of the Sonic franchise off of it, and well.. that would blow.

I've just realised.

Oh.... is it now?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL9EtmAUwM4

They probably mean feature film.

I don't plan to buy a Ps4 or a Wii U in the next 2-3 years so this news leaves me kinda indifferent. Not to mention I'm not exactly hot about the last 2-3 Sonic games either. Let's start with a cool mind, and see where this is going. Will the train take us to new heights? Who knows?

• Thumbs Up 1

I hope they improve the Lost World formula instead of abandoning it for whatever this game is. I think it still has a lot of untapped potential.

Asking for a classic gameplay in 3D is still an impossible request, I guessing? If they abadon the LW formula, that is what I love to see, but I know sega probably isn't good enough to make a game like that anymore. I just know I don't want them to revert to Boost, and I definitely don't want a fourth adventure formula game. Either improve current or go to a new, better formula (I rather see an improved Lost World though. I hated unleashed with a passion, but its sequels were fun, and colors is my favorite 3D sonic. So I hope to see that kind of improvement with lost world too, since I know SEGA, if they try hard enough, can really deliver with improving a formula)

• Thumbs Up 5

I continually will pray to Iizuka in the upcoming year that anything related to a Sonic show will closely resemble Night of the Werehog but with dialogue.

Well, I'm extremely excited. Weird to not see the 3rd exclusive Sonic title not listed, but probably it wasn't put on the board yet because it hasn't been revealed yet (and maybe they were allowed to reveal a new Sonic game in the works for 2015?) 

Anyways, here's hoping the future titles to be released will have good receptions and overall be fun games. The future (from my eyes, at least)  is looking quite bright for Sonic right now. New games, new TV show, and CG film! 

• Thumbs Up 3

So we have two unnannounced games, one multiplat and one Wii U exclusive (they had a CONTRACT, they HAVE to release a new exclusive Wii U game). My bets are on a spinoff like a new Riders game or a new Sonic & SEGA All-Stars game, but it'd be nice for a new regular platforming title or even a spinoff starring other characters other than Sonic but with similar gameplay mechanics.

Seriously, though, why is everyone throwing a shitstorm over nothing? Sonic Lost World wouldn't have done any better on other consoles reception-wise. The game wasn't that great either way and the console wouldn't have changed a thing except a few more sales.

Either way as long as they continue to release Wii U versions I'm fine with multiplat. The only "next-gen" console I'm getting is Wii U in the near future (hopefully later this year). Before Wii U I'll be getting a PS3. PS4... probably not for a couple of years. If PS4 was f--ing backwards compatible with PS3, hell yes I'd jump straight to PS4.

As for the Lost World "formula"... it wasn't a significant gameplay shift from other 3D Sonics. It still has a lot of the same game mechanics of the Adventure titles and also has the boost stages from '06/Unleashed-Generations but with added Parkour elements. Lost World really took a step back and brought some Adventure-style gameplay back plus added a few new things. It wasn't nearly so significant as the jump to 3D or the jump to Unleashed's boost-to-win gameplay.

• Thumbs Up 2

I just hope that they include and improve the parkour. Maybe instead of making a run button it should be a parkour button for starters.

If PS4 was f--ing backwards compatible with PS3, hell yes I'd jump straight to PS4.

PlayStation Now.

Look at all the stuff in the background ther-OH MY GOD GUYS.

OH MY GOD.

ONE DIRECTION CLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCK!!!

Harry Styles confirmed as Sanic's new VA.
  • Thumbs Up 1

I just hope that they include and improve the parkour. Maybe instead of making a run button it should be a parkour button for starters.

PlayStation Now.

If y'know everyone has the bandwidth for it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well it should due to textures and stuff, but downgraded should only be in graphics.

With games like X and 3D World showcasing some of the Wii U's graphical capabilities, that supposed 2015 Sonic game, would have to be mighty hi-def to justify downgrading and/or outsourcing the Wii U version.

Aside from the overlying elephant in the room fact that this wasn't even presented by SEGA, I must question the notion that SEGA would be able to up-and-skip a deal that they signed with Nintendo, without suffering consequences or some series of events that would surely have been announced.

So it seems we'll have three consecutive years featuring of Sonic console game releases.

In case the upcoming Sonic game is multiplatform I am not expecting the Wii U version to be a carbon copy of the Xbox One and PS4 versions graphics-wise, yet surely Sonic Team can push the Wii U hardware to a decent level of graphic appeal. Lost World looked quite good at 720p 60fps, and considering the console is capable to output games up to 1080p 60fps I remain optimistic on what they can do with the Wii U version.

However, content is something I expect exactly equal across all the three versions. No missing features, no missing game modes, no missing DLC (if there's ever any)... everything has to be packaged on the Wii U version just like Xbox One and PS4 versions in order to consider a purchase.

• Thumbs Up 6