Awoo.

Sly Cooper Movie / TV Series

T-Min

6 minutes ago, SonicWind said:

This just in: the movie's still happening.

They are basically putting it on hiatus until the TV series gains enough steam to make the theatrical release more worth it, I presume.

I'm guessing the movie will be a prologue, since it was pretty much confirmed to be an adaptation of the first game. I just hope both it and the TV show are hits, because I need my greasy sweet lizard amigo to come back!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm just hoping the TV show isn't too kid friendly, because judging from the articles on it, kids seem like the biggest target for them. Knowing a lot of kids shows these days, it'll be really weird having the Sly cast of characters make really terrible corny/fart jokes every 10 seconds along with personalities being dumbed down. I hope it goes in a more serial direction with a comedy style matching the games.

• Thumbs Up 1

But the games themselves were hella kid friendly...

Don't confuse kid friendly for "kiddy", there's a difference. That just means the material isn't inappropriate for children as opposed to kiddy in the sense they would be embarrassing. The games were every bit the kind of thing you see in a Saturday morning cartoon for kids.

• Thumbs Up 2

Point still stands really. Just wrong choice of wording I guess.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Also a Jak & Daxter movie is in the works from Rainmaker Entertainment, according to the source included in the video.

With the 15th anniversary of the Sly Cooper series on September 23rd coming up, there are chances that we might see more about the Sly Cooper series. The shows plot is also released ``Sly Cooper follows the adventures of an irresistibly charismatic raccoon, a modern-day Robin Hood, who restores justice to his city one theft at a time. Sly is aided by his two best friends, a muscular hippo named Murray and a brainy turtle named Bentley. Hot on Sly's trail is Inspector Carmelita Fox, a morally upright cop with an unfortunate crush on the charming bandit, as well as a band of villains, each one more strange and colorful than the last. Mixing humor, action, and a remarkable cast of characters, Sly Cooper promises to be an unforgettable series." Now weather or not the show is based on events from the games or events in between the games or a mixture of both, I don't know. There also noticeable differences between the movie trailer and tv show picture. Sly's cane in the tv show looks like the cane from Sly 4, while the illustration of it in the background looks like the original trilogy cane, while in the movie it looks like a stick wrapping around the metal hook. The tv show appearance of Sly doesn't look full CG, rather a more cell-shaded look, also another difference in the tv show is his belt logo, which is missing in the movie trailer. Sly in the tv show has more blue added to his costume than the movie version which featured less blue on his hat, shirt, gloves and boots. Also the whiskers are still there, now I think they could've Not included those because he does Not have them in the games. 

Now anyways, Sly's original voice Kevin Miller, said that if he is casted as Sly for the show, he would announce it on Twitter. Now my estimates for the shows release would be Fall 2018. Possible channels for the US could be CN, Nick or Disney Channel and Netflix is not as likely due to PGS Entertainment partnerships with those channels. However, shows like Alvin, Iron Man and Miraculous Ladybug all have been released on Nick after they claimed distribution rights, from PGS Entertainment, for North America. Also you have to look at the channels ratings, most of Nick's shows like Spongebob and others are TV-Y7, while shows on CN have higher rated shows like Dreamworks Dragons are TV-PG and also lower rated shows like Sonic Boom which is TV-Y7. So taking that into consideration the channels with the highest chances in the US are CN and Nick.

Sly Cooper 5 could also be released alongside the TV series, like with Skylanders Academy and Imaginators. Imaginators continued the main Skylanders story, while Academy created it's own separate story. Sucker Punch Productions, who worked on the original trilogy, is also involved with the making of the Sly Cooper movie. They might be going with the same approach the Spongebob TV Series/movie went, the series I think ran for 3 seasons then the movie released and was successful, then the show renewed for a 4th season and then the 2nd movie released half-way through the 9th season. Brad Foxhoven has also said in another Tweet to clarify confusion on the Sly Cooper movie/TV Series situation saying that the TV Show is first, then the movie second. With the movie, they did say that they were going to try and get as many original voices as possible, this may also apply to the TV show. With the studio behind Sonic Boom, making the show it should get a good amount of popularity. A new article also reveals that Playstation is developing 5 new TV series based on Playstation Franchises, Sly Cooper was also mentioned, here is the link to the article.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-06-27-playstation-emerging-filmmakers-program-launched-to-create-multiple-new-tv-series

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

The Sly Cooper series celebrates it's 15th anniversary tomorrow, also over at Youtube the Sly Cooper community member VTNVIVI will be having a special video celebrating the 15th anniversary tomorrow, some other Sly Cooper Youtubers might have special videos also.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 months later...

It's been awhile since we got news on the Sly Cooper tv series, but here is an update for the show. So, possibly we will get more news probably before March, now that's not confirmed thats just my estimate.

• Nice Smile 1

• 2 weeks later...

According to 2 new Tweets (earlier today) by CEO of Blockade Entertainment, Brad Foxhoven, has said that there would be news on the Sly Cooper TV show in the coming month or so. So we will finally see the first bit of actual news (since the announcement back in June) and the broadcaster as well as a possible release date.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/2017-recap-highlights-philippe-soutter/

Also the link above is a new article from the CEO of PGS Entertainment, which is the distributor of the Sly Cooper TV Show, has said that the first episode script has received 5 stars. On top of that they seem to be hinting at it releasing later this year. So, chances are we could see the release of the show at or around anywhere from June - September.

• Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1

• 3 weeks later...

https://pgsblog.com/2018/01/31/sly-cooper-interview/

Here is a new article/ interview from PGS Entertainment with one of the original creators of Sly Cooper, who is working on the Sly Cooper TV show. In the interview there is some new info and concept artwork included. And with what their saying, the show will be just as good as the games as far as look and feel, as well as the deep and darker elements of the series.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.technicoloranimationproductions.com/en/production.php?prodid=1

The Cooper gang is back with Season 1 consisting of 52 11 minute episodes (like Sonic Boom) and the show is a Playstation Original (like Ratchet & Clank movie). I have to say that these character animations are amazing and capture so much likeness to the games. Now Bentley's design is pretty much Sly 4's desiign, at least he looks better than the movie version. I cannot wait for this show to release, hopefully it's this year on Cartoon Network.

Updated trailer with Playstation Originals logo.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

Get Sly's original VA back and we'll have a really good possible thing going.

• Thumbs Up 2

9 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Get Sly's original VA back and we'll have a really good possible thing going.

Yeah, Sly isn't Sly without Kevin Miller. Somebody else did his voice in the above trailer, originally for the movie and the voice didn't fit all to well.

Also another great and funny video by VTNVIVI, I don't recall ever laughing that hard at any of his videos. But he does make some good points all of which I agree with, because as a big fan of this particular series, I know it ain't going to be exactly like the games, so it ain't going to be perfect. Mostly what matters is characters and story, those are 2 main areas that cannot be messed up. Now I enjoyed Sonic Boom, but I still feel the modern series is still superior to Boom, I still like Boom as far as TV Sonic goes its better than Sonic X. The description also seems to mention only Sly's city in this case Paris, France, when the series is known for locations from around the world.

I've been hearing on Twitter that the Sonic Boom writers are working on Sly Cooper, that true?

15 hours ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

I've been hearing on Twitter that the Sonic Boom writers are working on Sly Cooper, that true?

That would seem likely given it's being made by the same animation company as Boom.

I presume Sony could have easily asked Technicolor if they had any ideas for a good writer and they namedropped some of Boom's writers.

However, from the mouths of the writers themselves:

• Thumbs Up 1

I noticed Sonic Boom's release date was announced 1 year after the show was announced, same with Skylanders Academy. So maybe since Sly Cooper was announced in June, the release date could be announced at E3 2018 in June with a trailer and release in July.

• 2 months later...

Could we get a trailer for Sly Cooper at E3 2018? VTNVIVI thinks so, especially with all the stuff going on involving Technicolor Animation's Website, Twitter and YouTube Channel. So with all this increased activity we could very well see a trailer in about a week.

• 1 month later...

Okay guys big news on the Sly Cooper TV Series.

The show will release in October 2019, which is one month before the Sonic Movie releases. My guess that the episodes will be released on a weekly basis like Sonic Boom. Anyways guys this is the biggest news we got on the show so far. We also seen Bentley's new wheelchair and the gadgets he can use in the show. Plus we got a poster for the show, featuring Sly's updated look in the show.

Now onto the matter of a trailer I believe we'll see a trailer for the show at either Paris Games Week 2018 or PSX 2018. Now that Sanzaru Gamse has Marvel Powers United VR out of the way, their main focus right now is probably Sly 5. Possibly to release alongside the show.

https://pgsentertainment.com/franchises/sly-cooper

Also am I the only one that noticed a major goof in the new image of Bentley, that he's got 3 arms. Also he seems to have 4 fingers nw instead of 5 from the games.

Sly-test-v3-1920x700.png

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Okay guys so interesting piece of Sly Cooper news has come up. In a new video released by Gaming Heads, they announced 2-new figure/statues of Sly Cooper from Sly 3 Honor Among Thieves. But that's just the start of it. The background music is what's interesting as it sounds like Sly music, but somewhat different. If it's from the TV show I don't know. If Peter McConnell is composing it I don't know that either as VTNVIVI Tweeted him about this but he hasn't answered yet (if he could that is). Now I'm very familiar with Sly music and I can say I've never heard this track in any of the games. But if it is from the show then I'd say it's either from the intro or credits.

Also on another note and it probably doesn't mean anything, but according to someone on Twitter that there are a few episodes of Nick show called the Loud House (I never watched, nor do I plan to) featured the ``Paris by Rooftop" theme from Sly 4. If this is a way of teasing which network Sly will air on I don't know, but I also think it doesn't work that way.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

• 2 weeks later...

Okay guys what do you think about Insomniac Games working on the next Sly Cooper game after seeing how great of a job they did with Spider-Man PS4? Could it be a Sly Cooper and Ratchet & Clank crossover? Whatever it is it might get revealed next week. This comes after an article that was posted earlier today or yesterday saying that Insomniac Games would like to work on more licensed games.

https://t.co/CWgKCGzPCf

I know it's kind of early for another game, unless they've been working on it for a good while. If it's Sly Cooper, A Crack in Time style that'd be great. But will it be Sly 5 or a game for the TV Show? I don't know but I hope we find out soon.

• 3 months later...

So a new rumor has surfaced regarding the Sly Cooper series. I posted the above video to basically summarize almost everything below. Now take this with a grain of salt, but apparently an IGN employee told this (Sly Cooper) Reddit user. That the PS2 Trilogy of games are getting remastered/remade and will be released with the TV Show in Fall 2019.

But please take this with a grain of salt. But this one could very well be true, because it isn't at all that far out there. Like I said the show is happening and is set to release next year. Now Canadian Guy Eh believes that IGN also might have news on the show, since they seem to have some for a remastered/remade trilogy. Plus both me and Canadian Guy Eh made the connection to IGN with the Sonic Movie poster and this rumor.

But it is still a rumor, so keep that in mind. However I think something is coming within the month for the series because of these 2-Tweets. One by Playstation's Shawn Layden and the other by Technicolor Animation Productions. Both of which were posted about 12-days apart and both suggest possibly January 2019.

So these 2-Tweets, then this new Sly rumor comes up involving IGN about a week after they showed off the Sonic Movie poster. It all seems to be adding up.

Another thing about the rumor is the IGN employee compared it to Crash Bandicoot. But didn't say at first if it was like N-Sane or the PS Store ports of the PS1 games for PS3 and PSP. Then they said PS3, but it wouldn't make sense to re-release a Sly Trilogy like that to accompany the TV Show. Which led me to think more like the Crash N-Sane approach, a complete remake (not like Ratchet & Clank PS4, as that's a re-imagining).

So nothing may come of this, it maybe completely false for all I know. I just thought I'd post it here for you guys, as I was going to the other day but only did it in a status update. But there's no question that something is coming for the series very soon.

Also I was going to make another topic about this, but I didn't think it was necessary until an actual reveal happens. Or like say an Amazon leak or teasers start showing up.

• 5 weeks later...

I would rather see a complete remake of the Sly trilogy, considering the PS3 ports were...hit or miss if you ask me. I still think the PS2 is the best way to play the games if you don't mind grainier visuals on modern displays, so if they did a complete remake, I'd be down with that.

If they did a port ala the Sly Trilogy, I wouldn't want them to slap together a port of the PS3 versions and call it good, myself, but that's the most realistic thing I can see, sadly.

• Thumbs Up 1