Awoo.

Mikyeong draws things

Rey Skywalker-Ren

I've looked through this thread, and... well, it honestly looks like your artwork's been slipping in quality. Like, something like this:

the_best_health2.thumb.png.feb395aa331a0

Looks pretty dang good. But lately, it looks like you've been doing things in MS Paint - the linework looks very blocky, pixellated and unclean, and the colouring/shading aren't as good as they could be. You should probably try looking into anti-aliasing to give the lineart a more natural look, as well as having a better canvas resolution/brush size so that it doesn't look amateurish.

Also, her anatomy here is... not the greatest. Like, she doesn't have a proper pelvis where her legs naturally connect to her body, it looks like they're part of a tail or something. Her arms look too small for her body, and her (fingerless) hand doesn't look like it's flat against anything like it should be. I'll admit I'm not an expert on human proportions myself, but there are several places online where you can look up tutorials and help for this sort of thing, even some artists on here like @JezMM.

Please bear in mind I'm not saying this to bash your art - I'm saying this to help you improve, because you can do better - the picture quoted above shows that.

EDIT: Also I recommend changing the topic title so that you don't say your art's shitty. Like, I'm all for self-deprecation in the name of comedy, but have some love and pride in your work - do you think people will honestly give your art a look if you say it's shitty?

• Thumbs Up 7

On 2/29/2016 at 7:03 PM, Spin Attaxx said:

I've looked through this thread, and... well, it honestly looks like your artwork's been slipping in quality. Like, something like this:

Looks pretty dang good. But lately, it looks like you've been doing things in MS Paint - the linework looks very blocky, pixellated and unclean, and the colouring/shading aren't as good as they could be. You should probably try looking into anti-aliasing to give the lineart a more natural look, as well as having a better canvas resolution/brush size so that it doesn't look amateurish.

Also, her anatomy here is... not the greatest. Like, she doesn't have a proper pelvis where her legs naturally connect to her body, it looks like they're part of a tail or something. Her arms look too small for her body, and her (fingerless) hand doesn't look like it's flat against anything like it should be. I'll admit I'm not an expert on human proportions myself, but there are several places online where you can look up tutorials and help for this sort of thing, even some artists on here like @JezMM.

Please bear in mind I'm not saying this to bash your art - I'm saying this to help you improve, because you can do better - the picture quoted above shows that.

EDIT: Also I recommend changing the topic title so that you don't say your art's shitty. Like, I'm all for self-deprecation in the name of comedy, but have some love and pride in your work - do you think people will honestly give your art a look if you say it's shitty?

I didn't see this one, I'm sorry!

That picture quoted was done in MS paint, however I used different tools than what I am using now. I decided to free hand my art instead of using the curve tools (maybe i should go back to that for anthros, when i do it with humans it looks strange). Most of my pictures have been done on MSpaint though I have been looking around for better programs. I have cs6 but I just can't figure it out. That picture however, the base was colored on MS paint but the shading i did it on cs6 because i can select things easier and i thought the spray paint tool was cool to use. 

I am thinking of using other programs for the lining, maybe that will help. thanks for the advice! very rarely do i get criticism on my art so it's nice to see it. :)

------

tumblr_o3cgox3waC1uibns1o1_540.png

so i decided to do a literal queen of Sonic 4. complete with splash zone outfit :D

• Thumbs Up 5

• 4 weeks later...

I did for the anniversary topic but yeah I played around with some settings in sai and i accidently made an earthy background so it looks like the earth is behind Sonic.

fiBGR7G.png

IGOTymT.png

VtG24Is.png

• Thumbs Up 6

• 4 weeks later...

Wmy3Ogk.png

i drew this for an avatar and header set for here ;p

• Thumbs Up 2

On 07/03/2016 at 3:02 AM, Sonikku Mikyeong said:

OOQVhUN.png

updating my thread with a picture for the mad sonics thread

I'm really liking this one. Pretty clever.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 months later...