Awoo.

Sonics future

Rey Skywalker-Ren

But him being the hero and being good at everything wasn't really the reason.

At the risk of sounding dramatic, everyone seemed to agree with Sonikku when she said that I was jealous. I am NOT jealous and this isn't about my favorite characters.

The original reason you touted as not liking Sonic is due to his attitude towards everything nowadays, was it not?

i wasnt saying that ;p

You kind of were by turning everything I said into "I want to make Sonic the other character's bitch" when that is not what I wanted.

theres nothing wrong with help

I dont want Sonic to be god

I dont hate other characters >[

theres nothing wrong with help

I dont want Sonic to be god

I dont hate other characters >[

Then let's not be upset with other characters picking up the torch wnen Sonic fails. It's not a bad thing, and it doesn't make Sonic their bitch.

Then let's not be upset with other characters picking up the torch wnen Sonic fails. It's not a bad thing, and it doesn't make Sonic their bitch.

oh no im not upset at that, it seemed like you wanted other characters to steal the rest of the game spotlight.

i dont understand why people think I want Sonic to be perfect. i just want him to be a hero hes always was

oh no im not upset at that, it seemed like you wanted other characters to steal the rest of the game spotlight.

i dont understand why people think I want Sonic to be perfect. i just want him to be a hero hes always was

I'm sure the vast majority of us want Sonic to be the star of his own franchise. He is still a hero even if he needs to rely on help from his friends for support. Sonic should make mistakes during the course of the plot to his games. I still want Sonic to have the power to rise up and defeat Eggman, but I don't want him to have no problems getting to such a conclusion. It would make these games very boring if Sonic always got his way and was never put in a position to make a difficult decision. I still want Sonic to succeed, but I don't want him to have complete control over his circumstances to the point at which all conflict ceases to exist. I think Sonic is at his best when he has to rely on his allies to save the day. He shouldn't be able to do everything on his own with relative ease. I still want him to ultimately prevail, but I don't want to have it easy. There is no tension, no real conflict if everything goes his way at every pivotal moment. I want Sonic to win the war, but I want him to lose a battle or two on the road to victory. In my opinion, that would make his inevitable victory all the more satisfying. 

• Thumbs Up 2

i dont mind Sonic relying on friends but hes a strong young man who can take care of himself. i wanted sega to keep that in mind but allow him to rely on Tails and Knuckles for help. Sonic is the heart of his team but intellgence and logic makes one badass team

They do keep it in mind. You say you don't mind Sonic having help, but it just seems like whenever he gets knocked down a peg and allow other characters to pick him up there's a problem with it. If he can't have any loses or flaws, then there's no point in relying on help from other characters, and then there's a loss of tension right there.

i dont want it to take up a chunk of the screen time. Sonic can be stuck and someone can help him. But Sonic should go back to being a hero after thats done

i dont want it to take up a chunk of the screen time. Sonic can be stuck and someone can help him. But Sonic should go back to being a hero after thats done

It has to. Otherwise, it doesn't have the same level of tension.

And it's not like Sonic never returns to being a hero.

...I mean, damn, you say you don't want Sonic to be a god, so we try to give him some flaws, faults, and weaknesses that knock him down a peg so he's vulnerable and not godlike. This allows other characters to help him out so that he can keep fighting, but then you make it like there's a problem with that even though Sonic still get's back up in the end.

This isn't a black and white. You can't take issue with one thing only to take issue with each and every solution that's brought up for it and paint them as a detriment to Sonic's character, because that's not how it works and really two-faced towards the whole thing. These kind of things are to help Sonic grow and be a better character, and if he can't do any of this then you're just leaving him fewer and fewer options to reinforce him.

EDIT: I understand it's a language barrier, so I'm not going to be mean to you about it. Still, my point stands for others who don't have that excuse.

Im trying to understand. You want Sonic to still be the hero with the most spotlights but you also want him to have help from his friends so they can help in turn it wont take away from Sonic?

Im trying to understand. You want Sonic to still be the hero with the most spotlights but you also want him to have help from his friends so they can help in turn it wont take away from Sonic?

Pretty much.

Nothing wrong with Sonic stepping down and letting someone else fight in his place come the chance that can't do it himself. That's what friends are for.

• Thumbs Up 2

Pretty much.

Nothing wrong with Sonic stepping down and letting someone else fight in his place come the chance that can't do it himself. That's what friends are for.

Stepping down for a while or stepping down the whole game?

Stepping down for a while or stepping down the whole game?

A while.

No one has been asking for him to step down the whole game.

A while.

No one has been asking for him to step down the whole game.

A while is fine. They help Sonic and then Sonic goes on to does final punch.

I don't think it would be a bad thing for someone else to get the final punch in once in a while, really. As long as it's something the story builds up to, that makes it more meaningful for someone besides Sonic to finish things.

• Thumbs Up 3

Well. Light's two cents time is back.. My problem with sonic was stated earlier. The fact that he is no longer threatend by anything. He HAS to be shown getting trashed to flaw these so called "flaws". --hand cramp. Will post the rest tomorrow once I get on my laptop rather than phone. Sorry. But I will finish up my two cents tomorrow. Lol

Pretty much.

I agree. In fact, I find Sonic to be a more endearing character if he must rely on his allies to help save the day. 

i dont think he needs to be beatned up to show flaws

Personally, I want Sonic to have human flaws in regards to his personality. I find Sonic to be a more appealing character when we see him struggle to beat the odds. I want to see him persevere against them and come out victorious. I do want Sonic to be strong, but I want his strength to progress along with the story. I want him to get progressively stronger through his indomitable spirit and with a little help from his friends. I can't relate to Sonic if he's too strong from the very start. I don't want him to start from a place of great weakness, either, but I don't want him to be so strong that everything is simple and under control. I understand where you are coming from here, my friend. I understand. I don't want Sonic to get beaten down to show his faults, but I don't think that Sonic is very appealing to me if Sonic is able to dominate every fight with ease. 

Sonic can still be heroic and lose one fight along his way to victory. Sonic isn't any less heroic, in my opinion, if he occasionally looses a fight. It's not about how many times he "fails", it's about how he deals with a loss. He doesn't have to be perfect in order to be heroic. He also doesn't have to win every fight to be heroic. Sonic is still a hero so long as pushes forward regardless of how many times he stumbles along the way. 

Sonic has face death many times so having him loose a battle would make him more amazing because he is working to get where he is. I agree.

Okay. I'm ready. I don't think Sonic should have to get beaten to a pulp to show his "flaws". I also don't think it's a bad idea, but it shouldn't be the only way that he is imperfect, I also think that having human like flaws is NOT what Sonic should have unless they are toned down. I don't mind him having flaws but I play Sonic to be this cooler than cool, yet still relate-able character. I don't wanna really picture me as Sonic, that'd defeat the purpose. I play, to NOT play as me. I play as me all the time in real-life.

Now back to why I think Sonic's (Personality) future isn't as bright as it could be. This is because they have him see EGG MAN, DEADLY Six, and everthing else as a joke. No more slight "woah's" Like in SA2 before the Egg Golem. No more jokes at appropiate times and such. Now He slings lame jokes during final fight scenes- like why? Why make a joke about EggmanLand rather than be shocked he actually did it. Egg Man's Life DREAM finally accomplished, and boom, "He's just having to much fun" and a nice facepalm to go with it. It makes him more of a jerk rather than a Sonic. I get he's been doing this for years, but in Sonic land it's maybe been a year tops.

Sonic was talking about Eggmans laughing when he said hes having too much fun.

I think and please dont laugh but I think Sonic is a hated character. He used to be loved but now people hate him. Im wont be suprised if Tails or Shadow rules the polls. Sonics pertrayals in Sonic Colors, Sonic Generations and Sonic Lost World are all misunderstand by the fans. Sonic is not a brat, a jerk and a dumbass like everyone makes him to be. Hes just a confident and competant young man who can take care of himself but hes not afraid to ask for help. And he would give his life for the ones he hold dear. Mess with them and you get hell. And thats what happened in all three of those games. Mostly in Lost World and Sonic Colors. In Sonic Colors, he was angry that Eggmans robots were messing with the wisps. In Sonic Lost World we really feel the wrath of Sonic when Tails was capture. Sonic Generations... well you know... THATS NOT COOL! Sonic was upset.

And also love that hes like a protective big brother to some characters like Tails and Chip which was touching to see. He pushed Tails in the elevator in Sonic Colors because he doesnt want him to get hurt. And he put his hand in front of Chip to protect him and he told him to run. Hes the same way with Yacker and his friends when he fights for them and cares for them. And hes not motivated just beause hes the hero, his heart is what motivates him.

Sonic is a very underrated and hated character. Hes just as amazing even more in my opinion. Sonic is impulsive, immature and sometimes act before he thinks... and thats also a quirk to him. Hes a kid and he wants to live his years but he has no problem ending it for someone he loves. This is why he earned my respect when I was younger and he became my role model and he meant alot to me. I thik of him as the guy with the sunny smile but mess with his friends or anyone who is helpless and you get flames.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think people take issue with the portrayals of Sonic since Colours because they're delegating his character to being a vehicle for lame humor and little else and exaggerating him in addition (Colours), hardly having him interact with characters outside of Tails and Eggman (Generations) and giving only little indication that the character is actually learning from his mistakes (Lost World).

I personally can't say I'm completely down with the direction Sonic's portrayals have taken since 2010 and it's especially ironic how it's taken mostly a turn for the inferior when Sonic was gotten down so incredibly well in the game that directly preceded the start of the current direction (SatBK). Mind you, I do highly appreciate his portrayal in SLW but there's areas in the other two games that are just downright irritating.

• Thumbs Up 1