Awoo.

Sega 2014 Plans Topic (page 13) "A-Ran outta here!"

Badnik Mechanic

SEGA have confirmed on their blog that they are hosting a Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown SEGA Cup  

"SEGA® of America, Inc. today announced that it will once again host a Virtua Fighter™5 Final Showdown Tournament this year, continuing its partnership with Alex Valle and Level|Up. The 2014 “SEGA CUP” tournament will take place in Los Angeles at the Super Arcade on April 26, 2014. Cash prizes will be awarded to the top 16 players. Once again, the version for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system will be used for the competition."

12223508125_49b9067b6d.jpg

Anyone here going to attend this event?

I'd like to see what new Sonic game they have in store for us.

If I recall, Hardlight said a while back they are working on a new game, but it's not going to be another Sonic game.

You know what would be great? Just a regular Sonic game using the Generations engine, that's longer than Generations itself. No swords, no hoverboards, no werehog thing, no awkward split worlds. Just Sonic. Running. 

That's personally what I'm waiting for, but I doubt it will actually happen. 

Kind of sad to see Hedgehog Day discontinued, based on what it looks like. It was good while it lasted I guess... just a shame. I wanted it to be a holiday of sorts for Sonic fans, kinda like June 23rd.

First they got rid of the vocal themes I associate with Sonic, now this. They're probably gonna cancel Sonic Boom 2014 on top of it.

Guess it'll all fall silent on the news front until the 16th.

...personally I will laugh my ass off if a similar leak to what happened at the Nuremberg Toy Fair happens in New York.

Hold onto your Red Herrings... here we go again!

This might be nothing but... Sega is in New York, in force. Aarron Webber has posted this. Now nothing that odd you might think... however, several other people from sega including producers, the head of marketing and other members of the community team have also tweeted that they're in New York also.

The only thing I can think of is New York Toy Fair, but thats not until next week, and there is no way they're setting up for that? So... business trip? 

Damn it, Hogfather! I was just about to post about this after seeing it on Facebook. Don't know if you guys will be able to see this photo or not, though. Only appeared on my news feed because Aaron was tagged in it, even though I can't see him in it. There are lots of other SEGA staff I recognize, though. 

Text under pic says:

10 of us have made it to New York!! Whoot!! SEGA!!

Someone asked Patrick RIley what the flight situation is like, to which he replied 3 hours ago with:

Todd, Yumiko and I were on a redeye departing at 11:30pm, but that just got cancelled as well. We're now scheduled for a flight departing SFO at 9:30ish tomorrow morning, but there's a high probability that could be cancelled as well.

EDIT:

Oh, and it definitely appears to be work related, because someone commented this:

Marcella Churchill..u look soo cute ! Have fun! (i know it's work but have fun too) Let's get a date on the calender when you return!

EDIT 2: Removed the link to avoid any unwanted friend requests and such heading their way.

Preparation for a new big Sonic announcement perhaps?

Something big obviously must be up, otherwise they'd probably just dispatch only one big SEGA rep or not even send a rep at all.

Perhaps... scoping locations for Boom 2014?

Though I don't get why they'd need the whole crew to do that. Then again, Kellie, Aaron and a few others were going all over the Midwest last year, weren't they?

This is definitely a work related trip. More of the people there have made comments regarding work which starts 'tomorrow.'

It's not Boom venue scouting. They would not send 10 people for that and if they did they sure as hell wouldn't send producers and the marketing manager to scout for venues.

My guess is it's the following.

* Videogame industry related conference/training.

* Business holiday/trip.

* Announcement (However I'm not so sure given the size of people going.)

If the community team are also in the entourage, who's to say they can't take an extended stay and do venue scouting, however?

I see no reason it has be either/or; the big people can handle any announcements or anything big and while they're in the area the community team can scout for venues. The Northeast would make perfect sense since it's a massive megalopolis, after all.

They're not scouting and I doubt they'll be doing scouting since it would mean a ridiculously long road trip considering they're already been on the road for two days already.

Do you really need the community team for a week long duration, however?

As memory serves they're just PR and don't usually make any of the big decisions, so it'd be strange to have them if this was purely for business. Unless they were planning on doing something publicly, however. Or were planning something that will be public.

So, Machinima just uploaded an interesting video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGlu1yCtT8Y

And the most interesting part?

year_of_sonic_by_sweecrue-d75951w.png

2014: Year of Sonic

Something is coming. And it's almost here!

• Thumbs Up 2

The idea that Sonic Boom WILL have lasting of effects on the series then more then a cartoon is fucking HORRIFYING

• Thumbs Up 5

HOLY SHIT!

That explains why they're all in New York! Something big this way comes!

Start Spreading the news! I'm leaving today! I wanna be apart of it, Hype Train Hype Train!

The idea that Sonic Boom WILL have lasting of effects on the series then more then a cartoon is fucking HORRIFYING

HOWEVER it COULD be reffering to the fact the third Nintendo exclusive could be MUCH MUCH MUCH Bigger than we ever thought

At least we know why they are all over there now though, the date for the presentation is the 6th February

I like how they are gonna get everyone drunk before the presentation!

And now we know why they didn't say anything about Knuckles on Hedgehog Day :lol: They were too busy getting his Sonic Boom design ready to show off as his new universal design :P

• Thumbs Up 2

year_of_sonic_by_sweecrue-d75951w.png

2014: Year of Sonic

Something is coming. And it's almost here!

"2014 will mark a renaissance for Sonic the Hedgehog" "Sega's exclusive announcements and plans for the Sonic brand"

"a renaissance for Sonic the Hedgehog" "plans for the Sonic brand"

"renaissance"

gandalf-the-white-260x300.jpg

So it begins.

Ladies and gentlemen of the Sonic Stadium Message Board, ready your weapons of sanity, eat heartily, and sleep well. For in less than 24 hours, the greatest shitstorm the Sonic franchise will ever endure is almost upon us.

It has been an honor posting with you all.

• Thumbs Up 8

Well, my hype was great while it lasted.

But now I have something MORE to hype over gleeeee!

I get the feeling the cartoon will be the epicenter but perhaps they'll announce Sonic Boom 2014 and the 2014 game as well?

I mean, why stop at just one piece of news? Make it rain there, baby!

DAMN IT ALL! I'm at work during that time 3:30pm - 10pm GMT sad.png

It's ok... theres probably going to be an embargo on everything there... so we have at least 3 months to panic. 

*preps the Barbecue*

Who wants sausages!