Awoo.

Sega 2014 Plans Topic (page 13) "A-Ran outta here!"

Badnik Mechanic

Coming from SEGAbits:

SEGAbits will once again be reporting LIVE from E3 - bringing you gameplay impressions, previews, & interviews from SEGA's upcoming titles including Sonic Boom, Alien: Isolation, Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd, and Bayonetta 2! We'll also be reporting on Atlus games and will be attending a special SEGA mobile press preview of the upcoming Sonic, Monkey Ball, and Crazy Taxi mobile titles.
SEGAbits does what the other guys don't.

https://www.facebook.com/SEGAbits/posts/772922269408011

• Thumbs Up 1

Concerning the Sonic title, I'm betting it's either based on Boom or the S3K remake. Either way, I'm interested. But from the way that's worded, I'm not sure if it might just be in error. The Crazy Taxi game is already out, so what's to say there's definitely a Sonic one too?

Stealth & Tax said they were going to E3 didn't they? 

I'm betting it's Sonic Jump Fever...

Which is disappointing because it would be great to see a mobile Sonic game with a lot of depth to it.

I want it to be S3&K by Stealth and Tax so bad but...yeah no it's probably just another lame mobile game. =[

• Thumbs Up 1

I would be interested in a Sonic 2D runner a la Rayman Jungle Run/Fiesta Run. Bonus points if it was styled after the Genesis games, especially in level design and environmental hazards/powerups/etc and utilizing momentum-based physics.

But I'm sure it would probably be modeled after Sonic Rush, with linear levels, boost emphasis, and (presumably) a touch-based trick system.

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't think I'm gonna be able to go to that one, given my registration was never confirmed.

Maybe another year!

Plus I think SEGA would think I'm stalking them if they saw me at three events in the span of a week. XD

BqTHcq3IEAAZSzo.jpg

They're still promoting Generations.

I don't think I'm gonna be able to go to that one, given my registration was never confirmed.

The website gives the impression you can still register to go?

No, I registered for it a few months ago... they said they'd give me a follow up email within a few days. As far as I know, that never arrived.

So I presume that now I'm a brown hedgehog with a big red REJECTED! stamp on his forehead.

I guess E3 is more lenient than the Licensing Expo.

You could always try again, you never know, since it's just opened they might want more people in there. 

Also it turns out that Sony pictures are there, yup, the studio behind the sonic movie.

• 2 weeks later...

NOOOOOO!

B-b-but.....what about Big's Big Fishing Adventure for the SEGA CD? And the saddest part is that we won't see his adorably nerdy face at SEGA's booths again. :(

Any idea where he's going?

NOOOOOO!

B-b-but.....what about Big's Big Fishing Adventure for the SEGA CD? And the saddest part is that we won't see his adorably nerdy face at SEGA's booths again. sad.png

Any idea where he's going?

To all of the fans out there: I’m sorry I couldn’t stick around longer. Sometimes, we know when it’s time to move on – and that day finally arrived for me. Against all logic and sane thinking (once again), it’s time to follow my dreams in a new direction entirely, this time outside of the industry.

Think he's going to go flex those new muscles we've seen him with lately.

But seriously, I wish him all of the best and it'll be interesting to see what he will do next.

Well, I wish him luck wherever he ends up. I can't believe Webber was so young when he ended up at SEGA, and I can't help but respect that he got as far as he did practically on his own. Good on him.

Out of curiosity, is he passing the reins over to Stephen Frost then? Webber used to be brand manager after Ballough left, right?

Edited by Zaysho

He seemed like a nice guy, so it's a shame to see Aaron leave SEGA behind. Wherever he's heading to next, I wish him the best of luck.

I would like to make a speech dedicated to Aaron.

Memories. Memories that we hold so fondly. May we remember and cherish them forever.

Aaron was like the pillar of the Sonic fanbase, and in some ways, it kind of felt as though he was one of us. We all grew an attachment to Aaron done way or another, and it's sad to see him leave a job that he did so well with so much passion, passion god the SEGA brand that was unmatched. If that passion for his job is not done thing yo respect him for, I don't know what is. It's so sad to see such a familiar and likeable figure in the company leave, but to be fair, he was there for six years. That's a very long run. It reminds me of the time my friend left LEGO. I was really upset, but we still stayed in touch with each other, and I'm sure that Aaron will stay in touch with some of the people who were close to him during his years at SEGA. But as his life moves on, so must we.

Wherever he chooses to go next, may luck guide him on his journey to achieving his dreams. Sayonara, Ruby Eclipse...

image16.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Ken Balough left and now Aaron sad.png 

Well at least we have Big's Big Fishing Adventure 3 to look forward to.

14520264832_b0cf2d0afe.jpg

Good luck Aaron.

• Thumbs Up 2

So Aarons really leaving then? I guess everyones got to move on at some point but I always liked this guy as sega's PR guy. Hope he has good luck in what he will do next.