Awoo.

The REVIEW

DJ EAR

?WHATS THIS ALL ABOUT?

wat?

If you find offensive language or swear words not to your liking, I'd suggest not reading the review - as It's fairly raw.  I invite you to leave feedback and thoughts in the comments below!

-EAR

• Thumbs Up 1

I would have thought this would belong in the Sonic Showcase forum?

I'm not sure - I'm not really submitting any of my own music or creations, I'm actually not quite sure where Reviews end up on these forums (sorry) If you think it should be moved to the Showcase, by all means. ^_^

Was an interesting insight, while I'm not knowledgeable on music terms I understood and agree with many of your choices regarding ones worth listening to (not all, but most).

The only track I feel you were unfair on was A Hog in his Prime from The Sound of Speed.  You complain about the melody constantly changing when it's MEANT to be a medley, reminiscent of the end credits from the original game.

I especially agree with the harsh criticism on Hedgehog Heaven though.  I'd love for them to remake it one day as it was just not up to standard, those midi-sounding tracks always bothered me too.  With all the other three albums I did some amateaur audacity editing to make looping/shortened versions etc for playing as I play the original game, but Hedgehog Heaven just didn't bother.  Most of the tracks are unfitting for the original context anyway and they just sound so... bleh.  I find it kind of bizarre because I was under the impression OCRemix has pretty strict quality control, but I could never imagine anything as midi-ish as some of Hedgehog Heaven ever being uploaded as standalone remixes.

(I know this is minor but I also just wanna say that your choice of background colour is really eyefucking for reading a long thing, the white text is REALLY piercing).

I could be wrong, but I believe posting the review itself with some formatting here is usually required. Though I'm not sure especially since it entirely depends on how the review itself is presented.

Hey, I take huge offense at this: 

But here's what really piss's me off about this track.  The guy rapping? he sounds like a nerdy White Kid who'd sooner die than pronounce "thing" like "thang" - I swear, he's pronouncing every word he raps like an English Major, and it makes the whole vocal line sound like a joke because hes SO fucking serious about what he's saying.

I am NOT a nerdy white kid - I'm a nerdy white MAN. And to prove it, here is a picture of me with my daughter: 

post-6603-0-60778900-1387640732_thumb.jp

tongue.pngtongue.png I jest, of course; I really am a nerdy white guy, so what can I say tongue.png

Thanks for reviewing all the Sonic OCR albums,DJ Ear! Glad to see Temporal Duality get the highest marks biggrin.png

• Thumbs Up 1

I have to say I actually had no problems at all with the vocals in This Is Madness.  The seriousness reflected the intensity of the zone better, as oppose to say Whackass Workshifts which is a much more lighthearted level.

I do love This is Madness though, it was the first song in the original trailer that really caught my ear because I thought the concept of doing the Bad Future weird vocals sung "properly" by a female vocalist was absolutely great.  (Naturally KingTiger your male vocals contrast the chorus excellently for that reason =D).

So... You say that 85% of people in the communities that you're posting on and actively involved in would 

eat a piece of shit if it was blue, and then recommend it to their friends while running around with their pants off screaming to the skies of the glory that is the blue-colored vision of flawlessness - unable to see the streaks of shit smeared across their faces from having blindly eaten up such utter nonsense.

... and yet you're still posting here, saying these things straight to the people that make up that 'statistic'? That's pretty mean spirited, dude. 

Part of me wonders if this is all an elaborate test of the communities you've posted this across, to see which ones actively follow your opinions because you're well-enough known, or if they'd have the guts to not be part of that '85%' and call you out for just being mean spirited for the sake of it in these. If so, well done. XD 

Project Chaos is pretty sweet. I wouldn't personally agree that anyone should 'never be heard from ever again' though; I think there's always potential for growth. Everyone is entitled to their opinions I guess, including yourself. Let's agree to disagree!

(PS, Nerdy white guys rapping totally can work.)