Awoo.

Hyrule Warriors (Legend of Zelda and the Dynasty Warriors sittin' in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!)

YoshiUnity

This was mentioned 1-2 pages back. tongue.png

Dang, that's what I get for not scrolling back and reading through every single post :lol:

I have a feeling that Blue haired girl is their interpretation of Nayru from Oracle of Ages. She seems to really match a lot of the feature.

I have a feeling that Blue haired girl is their interpretation of Nayru from Oracle of Ages. She seems to really match a lot of the feature.

I think it could possibly be a redesigned Nayru, but unlike the main characters she only vaguely resembles Nayru, which is why I doubt it. Still, I'd far prefer this over them creating an entirely new character. At this point, all of the characters are based on existing characters or based on a Zelda race, the blue-haired girl is neither. So if she is Nayru, she's got a huge redesign.

I think that's a pretty big stretch. She doesn't seem to be a Hylian (as far as I can tell), her hair colour is pretty far off, and why would you give Nayru a giant book when Farore was the oracle who was actually associated with those? Nayru was a musician.

Hyrule_Warriors_-_Zelda_Artwork.png

She is wearing short shorts.

Why does this look wrong and right at the same time.

Kinda wanna see a playable Ilia and Colin now and see what they look like.

A brave sacrifice by Team Ninja. Give Zelda a steel breastplate so they can't give her jiggle physics.

• Thumbs Up 6

Don't Dynasty Warriors games usually have characters that count into the high thirties or so?

I just can't imagine everyone shouting about "WOW LOOK HOW MANY CHARACTERS SO MANY" only for them to be like "...there's nine".

Don't Dynasty Warriors games usually have characters that count into the high thirties or so?

I just can't imagine everyone shouting about "WOW LOOK HOW MANY CHARACTERS SO MANY" only for them to be like "...there's nine".

Nine is literally all the characters we know about already. Sorry, I think the locks are just a starting point. If anything, the locks are the starting cast but they only allow certain characters in the demo.

well this is interesting, specialy considering how there are in fact more female side characters than males over the years, even if few are villians

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/230783-hyrule-warriors-at-least-half-the-playable-roster-is-female-another-main-mode-to-be-revealed

Hyrule Warriors - at least half the playable roster is female, another main mode to be revealed

Jun 12, 2014 by RawmeatCowboy

Here's an interesting tidbit from Hyrule Warriors. We know that the game has a massive roster of playable characters, even if we've only seen a handful of them. While we wait to learn more of the characters in the game, a dev during Treehouse Live mentioned that the playable roster is at least half female. We can use that info to start picking famous female Zelda characters that might make an appearance!

We also learned that there's another mode to the game that Nintendo isn't showing at E3. It sounds like the other mode is quite substantial as well. Hopefully we'll learn all these details and more soon!

This gonna be good, and confirms a roster larger than 9 as well, specialy since the developers have been extremely hush on how many playable characters there are, and how many series classics they are putting in, they wouldn't be that way unless they had a ton to reveal

I'd love for the blue haired lass to be Nayru, since Nayru is one of my alltimefav Zelda characters, but I'm not getting my hopes too high. I hope the roster is higher than 9, and most people seem to think 9 is just a starter amount rather than the total.

Say, anybody with a stronger knowledge of LOZ than I wanna try and compile a list (with pics and descriptions) of possible female canidates from throughout the entire series(2D and 3D)? I would say Saria, and the Gerudo sage from OoT are likely, perhaps the Zora as well, and perhaps the female explorer/freedom fighter from TP, but can't think of too much beyond that, but there are a lot of female side characters in Zelda(betcha the Great Fairy is a hidden playable)

wonder if the dragons from SS might show up on our side

Veran would be cool. The three Oracles. Tetra. Medli. Would be interesting to see non-Toon versions of them. Twinrova/Koume & Tate. Maple. Fi, maybe?

Say, anybody with a stronger knowledge of LOZ than I wanna try and compile a list (with pics and descriptions) of possible female canidates from throughout the entire series(2D and 3D)? I would say Saria, and the Gerudo sage from OoT are likely, perhaps the Zora as well, and perhaps the female explorer/freedom fighter from TP, but can't think of too much beyond that, but there are a lot of female side characters in Zelda(betcha the Great Fairy is a hidden playable)

wonder if the dragons from SS might show up on our side

Well...

- Malon (various)

- Maple (various; mentioned by Marcello)

- Din, Nayru, Farore (various)

- Gohma (various; only a redesigned/humanized version)

- Saria (OOT)

- Ruto (OOT)

- Nabooru (OOT)

- Poe Sisters (OOT; Cia is based on Meg, doubtful all of them would appear though)

- Twinrova (OOT; mentioned by Marcello)

- Deku Princess (MM; why the hell not?)

- Tetra (WW; mentioned by Marcello)

- Medli (WW; mentioned by Marcello)

- Ilia (TP)

- Ashei (TP)

- Telma (TP)

- Veran (OOA)

- Ambi (OOA)

That's what I can come up with for now... I can't think of any significant characters pre-OOT that would work except Marin, whom is basically Malon anyway.

EDIT: Added Ilia. Kinda doubt it, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well...

- Malon (various)

- Maple (various; mentioned by Marcello)

- Din, Nayru, Farore (various)

- Gohma (various; only a redesigned/humanized version)

- Saria (OOT)

- Ruto (OOT)

- Nabooru (OOT)

- Poe Sisters (OOT; Cia is based on Meg, doubtful all of them would appear though)

- Twinrova (OOT; mentioned by Marcello)

- Deku Princess (MM; why the hell not?)

- Tetra (WW; mentioned by Marcello)

- Medli (WW; mentioned by Marcello)

- Ilia (TP)

- Ashei (TP)

- Telma (TP)

- Veran (OOA)

- Ambi (OOA)

That's what I can come up with for now... I can't think of any significant characters pre-OOT that would work except Marin, whom is basically Malon anyway.

EDIT: Added Ilia. Kinda doubt it, though.

Irene (ALBW)

Princess Hilda (ALBW)

Jolene (PH)

…Anju? (Various)

I can't imagine Ruto and Darunia not being in this. The Zoras and especially the Gorons are just too big of a deal not to get representatives, and they're the most obvious ones.

I wonder if Ravio or Hilda are even a possibility? They might be too new or too similar to Link and Zelda, but... I just like ALBW so much...

My ultimate never-in-a-million-years dark horse is Ralph from Oracle of Ages, though. He'd be perfect for a game where you run head-first into hundreds of enemy troops without thinking~

• Thumbs Up 3

Are riding animals a thing in Dynasty Warriors?

Because I would love characters like Ricky in it.

Uh ok I'm gonna give this (female characters list) a go, in order of debut

• Nayru
  • Din
  • Farore

Link's Awakening:

• Marin
  • Tracy (not likely)

Ocarina of Time:

• Sheik (likely)
  • Malon
  • Ruto
  • Nabooru
  • Saria
  • Twinrova

Majora's Mask (none of these are likely):

• Anju (more considerable in MM than in OoT)
  • Cremia
  • Romani
  • Lulu
  • Deku Princess
  • Potentially Keaton, not sure what Keaton's gender is

Oracle games

• Maple
  • Ambi
  • Veran

Wind Waker:

• Aryll
  • Tetra
  • Medli
  • Queen Fairy

Twilight Princess:

• Agitha
  • Ashei
  • Ilia

Skyward Sword:

• Fi (very likely I think)
  • Hylia (maybe???)

Link Between Worlds:

• Hilda (I'd LOVE to see her)
  • Seres
  • Irene
  • Oren

Phew! That's a list of imo the most notable (sometimes less notable) female characters from the series. Honestly if I had to call any of these "most likely", I'd go wiiith

Fi, Sheik, Tetra, Nayru, Din, Farore, Hilda, and Ashei. I don't think many of the others are likely.

PS. Shout out to ma main man Ralph from Ages. I'd love to see him.

I can't imagine Ruto and Darunia not being in this. The Zoras and especially the Gorons are just too big of a deal not to get representatives, and they're the most obvious ones.

I wonder if Ravio or Hilda are even a possibility? They might be too new or too similar to Link and Zelda, but... I just like ALBW so much...

My ultimate never-in-a-million-years dark horse is Ralph from Oracle of Ages, though. He'd be perfect for a game where you run head-first into hundreds of enemy troops without thinking~

We actually had a Goron captain in the treehouse demo today. I can only assume we'll get Goron and Zora soldiers too.

Uh ok I'm gonna give this (female characters list) a go, in order of debut

• Nayru
  • Din
  • Farore

Link's Awakening:

• Marin
  • Tracy (not likely)

Ocarina of Time:

• Sheik (likely)
  • Malon
  • Ruto
  • Nabooru
  • Saria
  • Twinrova

Majora's Mask (none of these are likely):

• Anju (more considerable in MM than in OoT)
  • Cremia
  • Romani
  • Lulu
  • Deku Princess
  • Potentially Keaton, not sure what Keaton's gender is

Oracle games

• Maple
  • Ambi
  • Veran

Wind Waker:

• Aryll
  • Tetra
  • Medli
  • Queen Fairy

Twilight Princess:

• Agitha
  • Ashei
  • Ilia

Skyward Sword:

• Fi (very likely I think)
  • Hylia (maybe???)

Link Between Worlds:

• Hilda (I'd LOVE to see her)
  • Seres
  • Irene
  • Oren

Phew! That's a list of imo the most notable (sometimes less notable) female characters from the series. Honestly if I had to call any of these "most likely", I'd go wiiith

Fi, Sheik, Tetra, Nayru, Din, Farore, Hilda, and Ashei. I don't think many of the others are likely.

PS. Shout out to ma main man Ralph from Ages. I'd love to see him.

I still think we'll get all seven OOT sages. :P

Unless the playable cast is bigger than 20, that much OoT favouritism would really bug me 8(

Ngl though, I'd love to see Ruto and Nabooru.

I'd just love to see Hilda, Fi, and the Goddess Trio way more.

Unless the playable cast is bigger than 20, that much OoT favouritism would really bug me 8(

Ngl though, I'd love to see Ruto and Nabooru.

I'd just love to see Hilda, Fi, and the Goddess Trio way more.

With the way they are emphasizing how many characters they put in, and that anyone could play as their favorite, I would argue that we will at least have the roster of the last Dynasty warrior game, which was 50, and we could quite likely have even more 

Fact is don't rule ANYONE out until the game is out and played through, I bet we will get another couple character reveals before release, one in the inevitable summer direct, and another group in a release direct for the game, and a bunch hidden in the game

This has been described as a celebration of LOZ history, so other than a few new characters expressly for the story, expect a TON of classics

Gotta have Ruto in.

I don't know about the game having a 50+ cast though. The first in a series tends to have a lower number of characters- One Piece Pirate Warriors had a cast of just the main crew (plus Ace, I think), while the sequel had considerably more. Around 4 times more? A similar situation happened with DW: Gundam too.

Basically, reign in your expectations a little. At most, the game is likely to have around 30 playable officers. Probably less.