Awoo.

Holiday Gaming Awards

Chris

Yeah... Your point is? This event is running till New years, that's plenty of time to complete say, Mario 64 or Goldeneye.

I give up on this Megaman X2, seriously there's a reason why I don't like these games.

I imagine next year would give us N64 games, if this becomes a yearly event (which I assume and hope it is, considering Chris made a point about having the year on the badges)

• Thumbs Up 8

Question, since I could simply use a password to reach Dracula in Castlevania IV, do I need to make a video of my whole run?

Question, since I could simply use a password to reach Dracula in Castlevania IV, do I need to make a video of my whole run?

Well as mentioned before, we are trying to hold to an honor code that people are playing these games legitimately and not cheating to beat them. It is one thing to look at a guide to help you out if you are having trouble, it is another to use a code to skip the game and go right to the end of it.

I imagine next year would give us N64 games, if this becomes a yearly event (which I assume and hope it is, considering Chris made a point about having the year on the badges)

Well N64 games wouldnt be a problem, or even PS1 ones, since though have been emulated with some sucess, the problem with Saturn is availbility and the lack of competent emulators

Yeah... Your point is? This event is running till New years, that's plenty of time to complete say, Mario 64 or Goldeneye.

Then go ahead and complete it. There still won't be an award for it, though; because this is by design and event for MD/SNES games.

Yeah I know, I was just saying N64 titles aren't out of the question for something like this in the future, time issues are irrelevant since we have a large amount of time to complete said games, etc.

While the time may be available, it isn't the purpose of this event. There may be an event in the future which will involve other consoles.

The choice of console(s) was the generation in which Sonic the Hedgehog was first introduced, not when Mario first went 3D or Rare created a modern console FPS.

Dreamcast? Sonic Adventure?

Saturn? Sonic R/JAM? Sonic had his 3D phase too.

Ehh.. forget it...

I should try and at least get a Sonic game in before the New Year. Probably Knuckles Chaotix since it and Sonic 2 are the ones I go back to the most.

Maybe I could also go for the Streets of Rage one too.

There is another thing to consider.

With MegaDrive/Snes era, more or less any computer or device can run/emulate them.

However, once you start getting into Saturns/N64 era, then things become a little more complicated and it greatly restricts who can take part.

• Thumbs Up 1

I´ll get into this as soons as I finish my exams.

btw, playing Ristar,Kirby Super Star, Mario and Sonic for sure, and then i´ll try some other games. This finally gives me a reason to try Chaotix, woo \0/

Barrel Rollers 2013

sf.gif

Defeat Andross' fleet (and Andross...) at least once in Star Fox or Star Fox 2 on SNES.

---

Hakuna Matata 2013

tlk.gif

Defeat Scar in The Lion King on either SNES or MegaDrive.

---

Giant Ninja Fighting Robot 2013

goe_g.gif

Complete one of the Ganbare Goemon games on the SNES (there are four).

This is exam week for me so I'll catch up with handing out awards tomorrow night.

• Thumbs Up 2

What about Sonic 3D Blast game? Will that work since it is on the Genesis? What about cheating can that work? What if there's ending screen and credits with it? Where would this picture go to? I am new at this anyway! :)

What about Sonic 3D Blast game? Will that work since it is on the Genesis? What about cheating can that work? What if there's ending screen and credits with it? Where would this picture go to? I am new at this anyway! smile.png

Read below

Our community is one filled with gamers as I'm sure you know - so why not embrace that for the season? The following awards will be up for grabs for anyone who completes the appropriate listed games from the SNES/MD generation:

White Border

ct.gif lttp.gif mmx.gif scv.gif sm.gif smw.gif kdl.gif c3.gif dkc.gif

sth.gif tje.gif ecco.gif shin.gif rka.gif gsh.gif bb.gif ri.gif sor.gif

Gold Border

(Check FAQ below)

kdl_g.gif dkc_g.gif

SNES Applicable Games [White Borders]
  • Chrono Trigger [with any ending - new game + discouraged];
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past;
  • A Mega Man X entry [X1, X2 or X3 - any ending];
  • Super Castlevania IV;
  • Super Metroid [with any percentage and time];
  • A Super Mario platforming game on the console [sMW, Yoshi, All Stars];
  • Kirby's Dreamland 3 [Dedede, incomplete heart progress] or Kirby Super Star [Milky Way Wishes sub-story]
  • Contra III - The Alien Wars;
  • A Donkey Kong Country instalment [without all DK coins - regular ending]

Genesis/MegaDrive Applicable Games [White Borders]
  • Any Sonic the Hedgehog sidescrolling platformer with or without Chaos Emeralds [1, 2, 3, CD, Chaotix, etc];
  • Toejam & Earl [Repair your ship!] or the sequel;
  • Ecco the Dolphin 1 or 2;
  • Shinobi;
  • Rocket Knight Adventures;
  • Gunstar Heroes;
  • Bonanza Brothers [Completing up to and including Pyramid];
  • Ristar;
  • A Streets of Rage instalment

But how do I get these icons?
To be eligible, you must provide a screenshot or photo of the ending cutscenes before the credits (unless the game has an end of credits cutscene [provide either]). 

Well as mentioned before, we are trying to hold to an honor code that people are playing these games legitimately and not cheating to beat them. It is one thing to look at a guide to help you out if you are having trouble, it is another to use a code to skip the game and go right to the end of it.

Yes or No to Sonic 3D Blast? The only game I beat on the Genesis and the only Sonic game I beat? Otherwise this be lost cause for me. Oh well at least I did try that count! :)

Yes or No to Sonic 3D Blast? The only game I beat on the Genesis and the only Sonic game I beat? Otherwise this be lost cause for me. Oh well at least I did try that count! smile.png

It says any Sonic sidescrolling platformer. With that said, I don't think 3D Blast would count.

It says any Sonic sidescrolling platformer. With that said, I don't think 3D Blast would count.

Thank you! I can move on! Oh yeah that is Sonic racism or gamistism for the only Sonic game lol not allowed on there. You get what I mean than!

So does Sonic 3 complete count?

Yes, someone actually posted a photo in the thread where photos go and said they used sonic 3 complete.

So does Sonic 3 complete count?

If you're referring to the game including the snap on technology (+Knuckles), then yes. But I encourage everybody with questions like these to read the topic as I've already stated the list of eligible Sonic the Hedgehog games a few times now and once with a very clear list.

---

Forgotten Hero 2013

bub.gif

Beat a Bubsy game on either SNES or MD/Genesis.

---

PSI Rockin Ω or Bust 2013

eb.gif

Defeat Giygas in Mother II/Earthbound on the SNES.

• Thumbs Up 3

B-Bubsy?!?!……Sorry Toejam and Earl, but there are BIGGER matters to attend to…..​also I think Toejam and Earl is kinda hard…….​and I actually like Bubsy 2….

Aw yeah, Earthbound! I've been looking for an excuse to replay that game. Might take me a few days, but it'll be worth it for that badge. <3