Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

On 8/7/2020 at 2:17 PM, CaptainRobo said:

So, apparently, there was a unreleased version of Speed Me Up. However, this one was done by an rapper who unfortunately pass away in 2019 named Juice WRLD. I guess his death is the reason why they didn't used this version. If he was still here, he would probably be required to appear live to sing the song live to promote the movie. Now, he is gone. So, I assume that they probably have the four rappers to replace his version.

It's sad that Juice WRLD passed away.  May he rest in peace...

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, the Sonic movie is coming back to theaters. So, if you miss your chance to see it in theaters, now it's your chance.:

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Hey everyone, the Sonic movie is coming back to theaters. So, if you miss your chance to see it in theaters, now it's your chance.:

That's...interesting...It reminds me of the time they replayed "Avengers: Endgame" in theaters also.  Although, I don't know how the movie will do a second time around since we are still in the middle of a pandemic.

9 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

That's...interesting...It reminds me of the time they replayed "Avengers: Endgame" in theaters also.  Although, I don't know how the movie will do a second time around since we are still in the middle of a pandemic.

Well, I don't know. I just don't think this is the right time to show the movie in theaters again. They should show it again after the pandemic is over. I really don't know, but we will have to see, if this is successful.

If anybody want to know where these pictures are from. They are from this video. Take a look.:

Source

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, AstroSeedP said:

It him...

Oh...my...god...these designs are HORRIBLE!!! So glad they changed the design!

It's worth mentioning that for CGI movies often the initial models used in this phase are usually ugly. It is basically a storyboard so the animators know what exactly to animate and the actors have some context for delivering their lines. 

Even if we got the old Sonic design, it would never look THAT bad. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, prowerboy26 said:

It's worth mentioning that for CGI movies often the initial models used in this phase are usually ugly. It is basically a storyboard so the animators know what exactly to animate and the actors have some context for delivering their lines. 

Even if we got the old Sonic design, it would never look THAT bad. 

It’s how detailed the face is in those shots that make it as bad as it is.  I’d expect WIP animations to look really unfinished, but that thing has what look like definitive art choices that don’t have to be there, such as bags under the eyes and needlessly red lips.  True, the movie would never have looked that bad, but you’d think they could block out scenes with a more abstract so less scary stub.

• Thumbs Up 2

I bought the movie when it was released digitally and I have to say I loved it.

“Donut lord..” :D 

I thought Sonic looked great and I likes that he’s more of the blend of cutsy young Sonic and the more adult Sonic.  

Donut Lord was awesome. James Marsdan is due for a comeback and this role I think has done it. 

Jim Carrey as Robotnik was a good choice, but I must admit my laughs came less from him and more some quips from Sonic like “this is excessive,” as Botnik drones shoot at him in a house. 

Overall I was pleased, and I say that as a die hard fan of Sonic The Movie (Anime) and the Archie Comics. 

• Thumbs Up 3

9 hours ago, Titan Mecha Sonic said:

I bought the movie when it was released digitally and I have to say I loved it.

“Donut lord..” :D 

I thought Sonic looked great and I likes that he’s more of the blend of cutsy young Sonic and the more adult Sonic.  

Donut Lord was awesome. James Marsdan is due for a comeback and this role I think has done it. 

Jim Carrey as Robotnik was a good choice, but I must admit my laughs came less from him and more some quips from Sonic like “this is excessive,” as Botnik drones shoot at him in a house. 

Overall I was pleased, and I say that as a die hard fan of Sonic The Movie (Anime) and the Archie Comics. 

Glad you enjoyed the movie!  I love the Donut Lord title!  Hope they use it a lot in the sequel!

• Thumbs Up 2

On 8/24/2020 at 8:07 AM, Rabbitearsblog said:

Glad you enjoyed the movie!  I love the Donut Lord title!  Hope they use it a lot in the sequel!

Me too. I wish someone would name me Donut lord lol 

Edited by Titan Mecha Sonic
Grammer
  • Thumbs Up 1

Rewatched the movie a couple nights ago. It is totally brilliant. I love Sonic, he steals every line and scene, Ben Schwartz really brought the Blue Blur to life. He captured what I think Sonic really should sound like, as well as his mannerism. I look forward to his reprisal of the character in the sequel. 

On 9/7/2020 at 1:16 PM, CaptainRobo said:

Here is an collector's edition which will be available on November. You can pre-order this on Amazon.:

81bA9vpTScL._SL1500_.jpg

Source

Is the collector’s edition extended or does it just come with Way Past Cool Swag? 

• 1 month later...
On 10/10/2020 at 5:03 PM, Operationgamer17 said:

Remember how concept art of a lizard character surfaced? I found some more of it. Apparently, the character was named Rava.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/9eJGqO

I think we already know about this since, this was posted 6 months ago. Anyway, that's cool. Also, the lizards were probably likely replaced by the echidnas.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Zulon Eredas said:

Looks like Sonic derailed Marvel Studios as having the highest grossing movie of the year.

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/marvel-studios-wont-be-highest-grossing-movie-this-year-because-sonic/

So, do they mean like highest grossing movie for this year or for all time?  Because it can't be for all time since Avengers: Endgame still maintains the highest box office of all time, beating out Avatar and Titanic.  Also, I don't think that Marvel released any movies this year because of the virus.

3 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

So, do they mean like highest grossing movie for this year or for all time?  Because it can't be for all time since Avengers: Endgame still maintains the highest box office of all time, beating out Avatar and Titanic.  Also, I don't think that Marvel released any movies this year because of the virus.

They mean Superhero Movie, since Sonic is only number 5 on the list of highest grossing films of 2020.