Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

I think the 'Lizard Warrior' guy is going to be a very minor, nameless character from Sonic's planet who is chasing him down in the first few minutes of the film, to help establish the fact that everyone on his planet wants his powers. He might be quickly killed off (test screener said the opening is somewhat dark)

I wonder if we will see Sonic's MOM in this movie. Maybe she dies protecting Baby Sonic from this Lizard Warrior, and opens a ring portal as she lies on the ground dying, saying something like 'go somewhere better than this world, somewhere peaceful, with big, GREEN HILLS..' 

I'm pretty certain that shot from the trailer of Sonic doing loop de loops in Green Hill Zone was from the ending of the film. (Isn't Sonic supposed to be a baby when he comes to Earth?)

Maybe Sonic's world is very desolate and dreary in the beginning of the movie?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/15/2019 at 7:37 AM, Dr Ryan said:

Supposedly an official t-shirt design?

Screenshot_20191214_221217_com.instagram.android.jpg

I hope that's real - it looks awesome. The design looks decent as-is but it looks amazingly better 2D, lol.

About plot stuff, Baby Sonic seems like a load of bologna to me. In the second trailer, Sonic just casually caused a sonic boom EMP explosion while playing baseball, something he'd likely end up doing shortly after arriving on Earth instead of somehow staying under the radar for like 10 years somehow but suddenly carelessly causing an EMP one fine day when he's older. Rather, Sonic would be MORE carelesss and more likely to cause such an incident when he was younger as an exciteable kid is more likely to run as fast he can instead of a teen that knows he should stay hidden. Plus even ignoring how he got detected, there's also his knowledge of being from another planet and being hunted for his power. I doubt he'd remember any of that if he was sent as a baby.

To me, it seems more plausible that he came to Earth recently (possibly like he did in the Sonic-falling-from-a-ring-portal shown at the start of the trailer) and stayed in hiding for maybe a month or two tops, before getting tired of being holed up in his little room with the washing machine and going out to play baseball, only to cause that EMP by getting too careless, taking shelter in Tom's house nearby.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, PeterPancake said:

I wonder when they're gonna start releasing licensed merchandise 

Given Christmas tie-ins, it could be any day now.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, someone in Japan had spotted this. It say that a Baby Sonic keychain will be sold together with tickets at this movie theater. Pretty much Baby Sonic is confirmed.

spacer.png

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Too Many Rings 1

2 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

Well, someone in Japan had spotted this. You get a free keychain if you buy tickets. Pretty much Baby Sonic is confirmed.

spacer.png

I'm hoping that's just a Chibi design or something. Cuz Baby Sonic would make his reveal a bit of a Bad Movie Logic moment where an exciteable, high strung kid spends many years well hidden and aware that his power would be sought but suddenly decides to forget all that to go out and play baseball and run at full speed years later. The baseball scene or even the running scene from Trailer 1 just seem like stupid plot convenient ways for him to get caught if he had no problem staying hidden for years prior.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sonic just hit long range tracking. https://www.boxofficepro.com/long-range-tracking-fantasy-island-the-photograph-and-sonic-the-hedgehog/

Sonic the Hedgehog
Opening Weekend Range: $20 – 30 million

PROS:

• Older fans of the iconic video game franchise may turn out, particularly parents who will want to introduce the series to the current generation of young ones.

• Social media metrics have been increasingly positive as sentiment has improved in recent months thanks to the studio’s decision to “correct” Sonic’s design after online outcry earlier this year.

• The holiday weekend should be conducive to strong family play, and getting a three-week jump on Pixar’s Onward provides fair breathing room.

CONS:

• In general, video game adaptations have quite a sorted history at the box office. It remains to be seen whether or not word of mouth and reviews can carry this in the way they did for Detective Pikachu.

3-Day (FSS) Opening Tracking Range $20,000,000 – $30,000,000

3-Day (FSS) Opening Forecast  $26,000,000

Domestic Total Range $65,000,000 – $100,000,000

Domestic Total Forecast $86,000,000

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Sonario said:

I'm hoping that's just a Chibi design or something. Cuz Baby Sonic would make his reveal a bit of a Bad Movie Logic moment where an exciteable, high strung kid spends many years well hidden and aware that his power would be sought but suddenly decides to forget all that to go out and play baseball and run at full speed years later. The baseball scene or even the running scene from Trailer 1 just seem like stupid plot convenient ways for him to get caught if he had no problem staying hidden for years prior.

The Baby Sonic "rumor" was already confirmed months ago by other merch. The question is whether it was removed from the film altogether but I hope it wasn't because it gives Sonic depth and I also liked the Superman analogy 

13 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

The Baby Sonic "rumor" was already confirmed months ago by other merch. The question is whether it was removed from the film altogether but I hope it wasn't because it gives Sonic depth and I also liked the Superman analogy 

Fair point but in my opinion, having him arrive as a baby and be randomly revealed as a teen while playing baseball is stupid. If they keep Baby Sonic, they should change how he's revealed. Maybe by having him go full speed to escape danger or even save people from a fire or something without being found out (a nice bit of early heroism to establish Sonic's character as more than just a Mascot with Tude)