Awoo.

BrainScratchComms: The Unprofessional Professionals

Dejimon11

I really hate Ted. I mean, like, really hate Ted.

I think Johnny and Gareth are the only commentators to not have a significant hatebase, actually

Gareth somewhat because he isn't an actual member.

I like these guys...I enjoy their stuff and I'll use them as background noise when I'm playing my games. They've been on a decline and until they hit rock bottom I'll continue watching.

I like them. I mostly started watching their LP's because of Johnny being there, but as time went on, the rest of them started to become enjoyable. Loved their Generations LP, and currently glad they started a Catherine LP.

Everyone except Johnny are unlikable dicks who complain too much about bullshit....so naturally that means I watch them most of the time.

• Thumbs Up 9

I love these guys. They're the only commentary group to make me consistently laugh, I enjoy every cast member, and they act as an inspiration to me. They are indeed unprofessional, which is part of their charm. My favorite commentaries of theirs are Sonic Adventure and Sonic Genesis(Johnny's rage was priceless XD). Them and FTCR are the only commentary groups I consistently follow, but the edge easily goes to BrainScratchComms.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have literally no idea what this topi is about tongue.png

BrainScratchComms is a "video game commentary" (in the loosest sense of the term) channel on Youtube.

They're an entirely unremarkable group that gained popularity after a couple of othe LPer's did joint commentaries with them.

Just go watch SGBLikesToPlay. It's Johnny without the dead weights.

Only cared about Johnny and Clemont, never giving a shit about the playthrough channel as a whole, took a look at their SLW palythrough, and then it reaffirmed my decision to not give a shit about them.

Only cared about Johnny and Clemont....

Clemont

O.o

Have to say I've only seen BSC's Sonic '06 playthrough, and that was because Clement was involved! biggrin.png They're pretty funny guys, and one of them is a fellow Brit, right? tongue.png

I like Johnny as well, he's a pretty cool guy... but his voice is so sooooooooothing he sends me to sleep sometimes! :D

• Thumbs Up 2

Everyone except Johnny are unlikable dicks who complain too much about bullshit....so naturally that means I watch them most of the time.

Unlikable...that's kind of stretching it a bit...I think. I mean they all complain...Johnny is just the one who doesn't dwell on complaining for a majority of the time, this is what I get. Ted and Lewis do nitpick a lot, though.

Unlikable...that's kind of stretching it a bit...I think. I mean they all complain...Johnny is just the one who doesn't dwell on complaining for a majority of the time, this is what I get. Ted and Lewis do nitpick a lot, though.

Its a hyperbole. Ted, Lewis, and Ryan all complain than they should, and they go ooonnn, and aoooooon with how much they hate something. And Johnny's the one who's consistently funny....and doesn't repeat memes in every vid.

I just recently got back into watching BSC. I've always thought they were enjoyable for the most part, not all of their Lp's are great, but when they put out a good one (like Mario Party 4 or more recently Injustice) I'm always laughing and getting invested in the LP. Most of the time I just use them for background noise.

Bad points for them are, they talk over each other way too much (a consistent problem that's been with them since day 1), someone will go on into a rant about a particular subject matter for a length of the video, or in some cases they'll complain about the game/franchise they're LPing for a majority of the LP (though nothing will ever be as bad as the Smash Bros Brawl LP).

Other then that, they're a bunch of funny unprofessionals talking over video games. That's about as basic as it gets, thankfully too since so many LP'ers are always trying such godawful gimmicks in their videos these days.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh, man... time to rip this group a new asshole! :D
BSC has been a group that I've only been following for a year now, and I still say to this day that their old stuff, like the RE4 commentary is some of the best content on YouTube. However, as of late, they've been becoming one of the worst YouTube channels I've ever seen. Let's see the members:
Ryan: Now, I don't hate this guy. He's gotten a lot of flack for expressing his distaste to Mario, and being a baby about wanting a new F-Zero game, but honestly, I can sympathize with the guy. I had a brief period where I was just sick of Mario, and wanted (though I still want) Nintendo to make something new with their other IP's that's not Mario, Pokemon, or Zelda. Overall, Ryan's okay.

Lewis: Another guy who I don't mind. Yeah, Lewis does bitch a lot (see Sonic Rush), but I found some of his nitpicks to be a bit funny sometimes. Not to mention, I think he's the best snarker of the group, and possibly the only one who can snark well. Sometimes he doesn't tend to say much, and that does bother me a bit, but in some commentaries (Crash Bandicoot, Sonic), he's quite informative, and I do respect him for that.

Johnny: Awesome. If you watch Johnny's review channel, or watch SGB, you know how awesome this guy is. He's the only one in the group that's rational, and even though I may not agree with him on everything, the fact that's he cool-headed and rational is what makes him so likable. 
Ted: ... Ugh... As you all know, I can't stand this fucker. Now, I didn't hate Ted before. He was actually my second favorite commentator before. The fact that's he's younger than the rest of the crew lead up for more of a more recent generation's look, well to be frank, his. Sadly, that potential was wasted since he became part of the group. If there's one thing Ted's really good at, it's bitching, and my god, it never ends with this guy. Not to mention, he handles his opinions like an elitist asshole. Remember he said that anyone who likes Gen 4 of Pokemon is stupid and wrong? Guess what, douchebag? You're wrong for saying something that stupid. Not to mention, this guy is way too immature for his age. The fact that he handles everything like an elitist asshole, and that he's so fucking stubborn that he out right refuses to play anything that's not Nintendo (pathetic...), I really, really can't stand this guy. I wish that he wasn't part of the group, and he's the main reason why I left the group. I just couldn't bare the idiocy anymore.
Overall, while I love old BSC, new BSC is so fucking pathetic, that their new content isn't even worth looking at. 

• Thumbs Up 2

to me their best commentaries are

Mario Party 2

Mario Party 4

Sonic generations 

Metriod Prime

Pokemon Crystal 

Moonwalker 

their worst are

Super Smash bros(brawl specifically)

Shadow the hedgehog-i can get into detail with this and smash but i really dont want to wast everybodies time 

IB

Pokemon Leafgreen 

F-zero or as i like to call it the reason why we will never get another f-zero game

and for goodness sakes when are they going to do personal they've been talking the ever living hell out of that series for over a year now i just want them to get to it so we 

to me their best commentaries are

Mario Party 2

Mario Party 4

Sonic generations 

Metriod Prime

Pokemon Crystal 

Moonwalker 

their worst are

Super Smash bros(brawl specifically)

Shadow the hedgehog-i can get into detail with this and smash but i really dont want to wast everybodies time 

IB

Pokemon Leafgreen 

F-zero or as i like to call it the reason why we will never get another f-zero game

and for goodness sakes when are they going to do personal they've been talking the ever living hell out of that series for over a year now i just want them to get to it so we 

Favorites:

Resident Evil 4

Sonic 06

Mario Party Runs

Zelda 1

Kirby's Return to Dreamland

Moonwalker

Lost Levels

Sonic 2: The Lost Worlds

Worst:

Any current runs

Sonic Heroes

Sonic Rush

Later half of Sunshine

Ocarina of Time

im interested why you didnt like OOT, later half of sunshine and heroes

im interested why you didnt like OOT, later half of sunshine and heroes

OOT: A lot of it was boring to me, and Ted was an annoying shit. I agree with him that OOT is very overrated, but you don't need to spend the whole commentary saying that.

Sunshine Second Half: This was where Amanda was introduced... and man, was it a rocky start. She got better in later runs, like Shadow.

Heroes: This was the first commentary that actively pissed me off. This was where Ted really got to me, and stated how better Shadow was to Heroes. From my experiences with both those games, NO! I personally have a hard time seeing why people like Shadow, not to say Ted likes it because he doesn't according to the Shadow commentary, but you don't need to be a complete dick about it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

That's been in the works for like a year and a half.

Wow... Yeah, I really don't follow BrainScratch that much. XD 

FTA is definitely my favourite commentator/guest commentator. Shame HFC has been so slow lately, because without any Sonic commentaries he really doesn't have much of a role there any more.

FTA is definitely my favourite commentator/guest commentator. Shame HFC has been so slow lately, because without any Sonic commentaries he really doesn't have much of a role there any more.

Well the Disneython started today.

Anyway, I'm quite a fan of BSC. I've been following them for 2 years at least. I watch every video that comes out, and I post them all for the BSC subreddit. While I think the commentaries have been getting a bit boring (mainly due to Lewis and Ryan's voices sounding..bored), they're not BAD. Catherine doesn't seem to be going that badly so far (but LW is a bit meh). 

Of course, John is my favorite member, followed by Lewis, then Ted, and finally Ryan. I'm not sure why. He's just...boring now. At least Lewis has his moments of snarky comments and good jokes, but Ryan's usually taking the back seat. Ted isn't that bad for me (except for OoT), and of course John is god.

Gareth (as well as Skyler and Stephen) are out of HFC. There's a Facebook post on the HFC page about it if you're curious. We're actually doing Lost World Wii U for FTCR very soon, I've just gotta finish messing with the footage for Frozen Factory, Silent Forest, and Sky Road first. Then when Gareth gives me my Wii U back I'm going to 

record Hidden World, though this shouldn't delay anything.

I honestly don't follow HFC but I think NTom64 is reaching out to get a bit more going on for HellFire so that's something for you.

We'll hopefully be doing commentary next week, or the week after that so it shouldn't be too far off. If nothing else you can catch FTA doing Lost World with the BSC crew right now, I think.

EDIT: Damn is the Ted hate ever prevalent :P