Awoo.

Unannouncend Pikachu Game in the works: Pikachu - 1998-2013

Tails spin

Is it bad the whole motion/facial capture stuff is turning me off a LOT more than blue Pikachu? :V

No. Because Pokemon can be any colour and still work.

What they can't do and still work is have human facial capture, because they are more akin to animals than humans.

Unless blue Pikachu is more akin to humans than animals.

Then that would be too weird.

We shall wait and see.

The 3DS has a shitty camera too and some games already tried doing facial recognition. Uh oh...

The 3DS has a shitty camera too and some games already tried doing facial recognition. Uh oh...

Pretty sure they're talking about Pikachu's expressions being done by a human, similar to Gollum in the LoTR movies.

• Thumbs Up 1

Watch the blue Pikachu become a future event Pokemon in X/Y and being part dark type

Edited by Monovec

I know this may never happen but I hope the Ash Ketchem master detective joke will be in this game

Blue Pikachu that talks? I hope it gets a decent voice actor. And I don't mean Ikue Ohtani voicing it in English either.

Speaking for which did it say the Blue Pikachu would be a boy or girl? Oh, never mind they didn't even clarify Pikachu's gender (even though it's totally male.)

If they're worried about Pikachu's reputation, why even have the Blue Talking Pikachu at all? Just use Meowth. He's been butting heads with Pikachu for years AND can talk.

If they're worried about Pikachu's reputation, why even have the Blue Talking Pikachu at all? Just use Meowth. He's been butting heads with Pikachu for years AND can talk.

No he can't. Unless they wanted to link this with the anime they wouldn't put a talking Meowth in it. 

I'm pretty sure that all this shit will be removed or modified before release, but if they want to use a talking Pokémon, then why not Chatot?

Edited by Tmsp

So, for those of you playing at home:

Pokémon Detective Game: 

hmmm-alright.gif

Pikablu what talks:

200_s.gif

Edited by Fluttershy

There was a talking Meowth in Pokemon Channel.

Anime link or not, I think it'd be less jarring for there to be a talking Meowth because the most well known representative of the species can talk already AND is an enemy to Pikachu. A talking Meowth would be less "reputation damaging" then a talking evil blue Pikachu.

>talking pokemon

Pokemon-Mystery-Dungeon--Explorers-of-Ti

I see no reason to be worried about that.

Edited by Blacklightning
  • Thumbs Up 2

So, hey, as if being a Pikachu game wasn't reason enough for me to not get this, I highly doubt this is going to turn into anything I want to play or even get near.

Less cutesy Pikachu games, more Gallade/Scyther/Kabutops hack n' slash.

Edited by Master of Disguise Wario
  • Thumbs Up 1

Bulbapedia uses a blue Pikachu as an icon for their articles in the "Fandom" category.

80px-Project_Fandom_logo.png

Maybe the Pokémon fandom is the enemy?  I mean, the Pokémon fandom talks.  What if the blue Pikachu is just a metaphor for genwunners who constantly lambaste upon Gamefreak's efforts to produce quality Pokémon designs?

Okay seriously, though, every time a new piece of information is revealed about this game, it becomes even more confusing.  Not sure if that's a good thing or not.

• Thumbs Up 5

Was expecting something a little more exciting.. but it should be cool to hear what a Pikachu really has to say after 20 years

Siliconera's report makes some of what's been announced here sound like a bit of a misconception:

During the program, producer and Pokémon Company president Tsunekazu Ishihara revealed that the game is a huge project that The Pokémon Company aim to complete in two years. The game will be a detective game, where you’ll be solving mysteries and using deductive reasoning while paired up with your senior detective Pikachu.

Not only will he simply be speaking, but Pikachu, who has been considered the cute and innocent Pokémon, will also have lines that are more suited for an adult, which makes sense considering he’ll be your senior detective partner.
[…]

For example, the above image depicts one of his lines that reads, “…Oh, they’re just beauties [girls]”. He’ll also have other hard-boiled lines to fit a detective persona. “If this keeps up, we’ll have a bag made from Pikachu…” is another one of his lines.
[…]

Some of you may remember the motion-capture image of Pikachu’s facial expression in the earlier post, which the staff members shared a good laugh showing during the TV program, as they expressed their surprise in the possibilities of all the different facial expressions.

The reason for this is to have Pikachu show more personality, as he won’t be the same Pikachu who is usually seen as the always-happy character in the anime.

So it's not, or not just, the blue enemy Pikachu that talks, it's your own Pikachu partner.  I'd imagine that there won't be any other Pokemon in the game; it looks like they're trying to establish Pikachu as its own character separate from Pokemon.  I wonder if their main desire was to do a Pikachu spin-off or a detective spin-off?

To be honest, this game sounds so bizarre that I think it'll be impossible to judge until we get a more formal announcement, trailer, screenshots and so on.

Edited by FFWF

The Blue Pikachu is your snarky side-kick partner and it helps you to defeat the enemy/evil Pikachu from becoming into Long-Chu.

Siliconera's report makes some of what's been announced here sound like a bit of a misconception:

stuffstuffstuff

When they put it that way, it almost sounds like Herdier would've been a perfect thematic fit for the kind of thing they're going for... though I guess I can't blame them for trying to sell this game on something with much stronger brand identity.

• 2 weeks later...

This actually seems like a cool idea.

This is for 3DS, correct?

Yes, my dear, Watson...chu.

• Thumbs Up 4