Awoo.

Spoiler Topic [Warning - Untagged Discussion]

Carbo

Dammit! And I just finished watching it 5 minutes ago sorry guys

Edited by Dejimon11

LOLOLOLOL Zor's line is soo damn funny, I fucked up that Zavok line but its pretty much Lie Down & Die! Then we got Master Zik's line; The student has become the master, why is Master Zik such an asian/japenese stereotype, he sounds like fucking Mr. Miyagi

All of the Deadly Six are stereotypes, that's they have no character.

Zavok: Big bad leader stereotype (literally if you've seen Lava Mountain Zone 3)

Zazz: Crazy, almost black stereotype

Zomom: Fat stereotype

Master Zik: Old Asian master stereotype

Zor: Emo/Goth stereotype

Zeena: Teenage Drama Queen stereotype

Never in a Sonic game have I seen such characterless villains. Hell, the Erazor Djinn had more character than them, and he was in a spin off game.

Zavok: Big bad leader stereotype (literally if you've seen Lava Mountain Zone 3)

Never in a Sonic game have I seen such characterless villains. Hell, the Erazor Djinn had more character than them, and he was in a spin off game.

So?

How is Zazz a black stereotype, are you implying they have anger management issues & attack without thinking, thats pretty much Zazz in a nutshell

• Thumbs Up 2

Being a stereotype =/= Being characterless

Furthermore, you can't complain about stereotypes and then bring in Erazor Djinn.

EDIT: Also, "black stereotype"? Christ, do you how insulting that might sound?

Edited by Ringo ~

Erazor Djinn has character, hes a rage filled person who wants control over the world or a storybook. He might as well have a Rage/Dominant Character

How is Zazz a black stereotype, are you implying they have anger management issues & attack without thinking, thats pretty much Zazz in a nutshell

I was about to ask the same thing

I disagree. Whilst the Deadly Six are stereotypical, their lines and the way they act is exuberant and those stereotypes are played-with interestingly to make them charming characters.

Zomom is tubby and not the sharpest tool in the shed and easily motivated by food but he's still got a keen mind and even managed to hit Sonic twice without really even trying.

Zor is a hilarious parody of 'Woe is me' pessimistic, angstwad characters with a real touch of malevolence as well. His lines are arguably the most clever lampooning of the cliche he embodies. "Only the reaper wins in the end" indeed.

Zeena is a short-tempered bratty teenage daughter-like character who loves flattery and even seemed to consider forgiving Sonic for damaging her nail art when she's under the mistaken assumption that he's apologizing for that. She's also a prime deadpan snarker.

Zazz is batshit and unhinged yet slow on the uptake. His wrathfulness is impassioned and yet clumsy.

Zik is a great contrast to the other five and his experience is obvious by the manner in which he approaches situations. Zavok's respect for him seems pretty well-founded.

Zavok is a clever, opportunistic villain who picks-up his plans when they don't quite go to plan and who really liked doing what he was doing. From taunting Sonic over how he's alone to rubbing in Sonic,s Tails' and Eggman's faces how he's going to gain power from ruining their world to explaining how he's going to get his revenge by turning Tails into a Cyborg.

I think they're awesome and the best monster's of the week from both a writing and design standard.

I think this is why the Deadly Six work as characters, they're basically parodies of the archetypes they represent and still come off as threatening.

• Thumbs Up 5

So?

Ok yeah my statement was really bold, I'll admit, but here's my reasoning. The story does pretty well to build up the first 2 acts, however it just doesn't go anywhere in the 3rd act. We aren't given the origins of the Zeti, who they really are as characters, what their motives are, where they come from, how Eggman conquered them, why they are evil, why do they want to destroy the earth, and what happens to them after Lava Mountain Zone 3? On top of that why is the earth the center of everything? Why does Eggman need the Lost Hex if he's still taking over the earth, why does he need this green energy, why does it leave the earth colorless, and what is the significance of this green energy? Also what are the wisps doing on the Lost Hex, besides being gameplay mechanics? They could have easily been put in the story as like the wisps who got separated from Planet Wisp, and took shelter on the Lost Hex, and at the end of the game would reunite with the of their people. These are never answered, and with a story that got me pretty hooked in just as much as Colors's story, it infuriates me how it doesn't go anywhere in Act 3 of the story, and how I feel like I could have done a better job at writing the Zeti and the final part of the story. The final boss also seems to be lacking creativity and just looks pathetically easy. Compared to the likes of the Egg Dragoon and the Egg Nega Wisp, this mech is just generic as generic Eggman mechs go. I mean put some pizzazz in both the design and level of this thing. In my opinion they should have given Eggman a mech called the Egg Zeti, basically it would be like the Egg Nega Wisp, only it would look like a crazy Zeti robot that would suck away the Deadly Six's powers, so he can use them to defeat Sonic. The fight would have multiple gameplay elements, and would utilize the wisp power ups to give different ways to defeat the robot, and have a fun, yet challenging, final boss. Now that would be a good idea, am I right?

I disagree. Whilst the Deadly Six are stereotypical, their lines and the way they act is exuberant and those stereotypes are played-with interestingly to make them charming characters.

Zomom is tubby and not the sharpest tool in the shed and easily motivated by food but he's still got a keen mind and even managed to hit Sonic twice without really even trying.

Zor is a hilarious parody of 'Woe is me' pessimistic, angstwad characters with a real touch of malevolence as well. His lines are arguably the most clever lampooning of the cliche he embodies. "Only the reaper wins in the end" indeed.

Zeena is a short-tempered bratty teenage daughter-like character who loves flattery and even seemed to consider forgiving Sonic for damaging her nail art when she's under the mistaken assumption that he's apologizing for that. She's also a prime deadpan snarker.

Zazz is batshit and unhinged yet slow on the uptake. His wrathfulness is impassioned and yet clumsy.

Zik is a great contrast to the other five and his experience is obvious by the manner in which he approaches situations. Zavok's respect for him seems pretty well-founded.

Zavok is a clever, opportunistic villain who picks-up his plans when they don't quite go to plan and who really liked doing what he was doing. From taunting Sonic over how he's alone to rubbing in Sonic,s Tails' and Eggman's faces how he's going to gain power from ruining their world to explaining how he's going to get his revenge by turning Tails into a Cyborg.

I think they're awesome and the best monster's of the week from both a writing and design standard.

Yeah, I think I made my stereotypes to the deadly six without too much thought, sorry guys. But still to me the Six don't exactly have to much character development, or motives exactly besides being enslaved. I mean even if a good was enslaved by Eggman, he would still go crazy as hell.

Being a stereotype =/= Being characterless

Furthermore, you can't complain about stereotypes and then bring in Erazor Djinn.

EDIT: Also, "black stereotype"? Christ, do you how insulting that might sound?

Yeah, I take it back now, sorry. But I just don't see them as threatening. I mean Eggman could have done what they were planning to do, but was still bound by his human instinct to not exactly destroy everyone, but instead conquer them. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok yeah my statement was really bold, I'll admit, but here's my reasoning. The story does pretty well to build up the first 2 acts, however it just doesn't go anywhere in the 3rd act. We aren't given the origins of the Zeti, who they really are as characters, what their motives are, where they come from, how Eggman conquered them, why they are evil, why do they want to destroy the earth, and what happens to them after Lava Mountain Zone 3? On top of that why is the earth the center of everything? Why does Eggman need the Lost Hex if he's still taking over the earth, why does he need this green energy, why does it leave the earth colorless, and what is the significance of this green energy? Also what are the wisps doing on the Lost Hex, besides being gameplay mechanics? They could have easily been put in the story as like the wisps who got separated from Planet Wisp, and took shelter on the Lost Hex, and at the end of the game would reunite with the of their people. These are never answered, and with a story that got me pretty hooked in just as much as Colors's story, it infuriates me how it doesn't go anywhere in Act 3 of the story, and how I feel like I could have done a better job at writing the Zeti and the final part of the story. The final boss also seems to be lacking creativity and just looks pathetically easy. Compared to the likes of the Egg Dragoon and the Egg Nega Wisp, this mech is just generic as generic Eggman mechs go. I mean put some pizzazz in both the design and level of this thing. In my opinion they should have given Eggman a mech called the Egg Zeti, basically it would be like the Egg Nega Wisp, only it would look like a crazy Zeti robot that would suck away the Deadly Six's powers, so he can use them to defeat Sonic. The fight would have multiple gameplay elements, and would utilize the wisp power ups to give different ways to defeat the robot, and have a fun, yet challenging, final boss. Now that would be a good idea, am I right?

Yeah, I think I made my stereotypes to the deadly six without too much thought, sorry guys. But still to me the Six don't exactly have to much character development, or motives exactly besides being enslaved. I mean even if a good was enslaved by Eggman, he would still go crazy as hell.

I get what you're saying, but if the plot spent all it's time answering questions, nothing of note would really take place, it'd just be exposition; the Deadly Six work for the actions they do instead if their actual characters.

It's not perfect by any means, but it works for what it is.

Well 1st off you start out with Eggman shooting you & falling into the Lost Hex, then meeting up with Eggman again soon after basically saying "Here are the zeti aka the Deadly Six, your worst nightmare" & they have no backstory or anything, even when Eggman has they enslaved. After they're free they pretty much just sit around in the Eggman base & plot about getting revenge on Eggman & beating Sonic, they give hardly any detail on their past or anything other than their out of game bio's.

I love the Deadly Six, feel like their some of Sonic's best foes & they can be funny, especially Zor, Zazz & Zomom but they need more story behind them =/

I get what you're saying, but if the plot spent all it's time answering questions, nothing of note would really take place, it'd just be exposition; the Deadly Six work for the actions they do instead if their actual characters.

It's not perfect by any means, but it works for what it is.

I felt like it could have been easily explained as how the Wisps were explained in Sonic Colors in one or two cutscenes. Or it could have been explained like how Dark and Light Gaia were explained throughout the whole game of Unleashed. I feel like it still could have been easily fit in to the story, but was possibly rushed at the end.

Well 1st off you start out with Eggman shooting you & falling into the Lost Hex, then meeting up with Eggman again soon after basically saying "Here are the zeti aka the Deadly Six, your worst nightmare" & they have no backstory or anything, even when Eggman has they enslaved. After they're free they pretty much just sit around in the Eggman base & plot about getting revenge on Eggman & beating Sonic, they give hardly any detail on their past or anything other than their out of game bio's.

I love the Deadly Six, feel like their some of Sonic's best foes & they can be funny, especially Zor, Zazz & Zomom but they need more story behind them =/

That's why I feel like their characterless, I mean in the second cutscene we see Eggman, and all of a sudden Zavok and Zazz are there with him. I don't hate the Deadly Six, I just hate how there could have been more meat to their story.

But Zomom probably ate that meat. He even ate the damn bone, who does that?

I felt like it could have been easily explained as how the Wisps were explained in Sonic Colors in one or two cutscenes. Or it could have been explained like how Dark and Light Gaia were explained throughout the whole game of Unleashed. I feel like it still could have been easily fit in to the story, but was possibly rushed at the end.

That's why I feel like their characterless, I mean in the second cutscene we see Eggman, and all of a sudden Zavok and Zazz are there with him. I don't hate the Deadly Six, I just hate how there could have been more meat to their story.

But Zomom probably ate that meat. He even ate the damn bone, who does that?

Well biting bones would explain why he has such a small ammount of teeths.

I too wasn't wooed or charmed by the Deadly Six.  They're just kinda there.  They don't feel like characters to me, they're just goofy villains who exist solely to mock and then be beaten up by Sonic.

Even Verte's detailed descriptions of them are still all stereotypical traits of the characters these guys supposedly "parody".  Yes it's played for laughs but they've been played for laughs in a million other things before.

And I never laughed at anything the Deadly Six did.

In fact after starting to search for Red Rings it's continually annoying me that their unfunny lines are still being repeated ad nauseum over gameplay.

Edited by JezMM

I mean when it comes to the Deadly Six, I just don't know how each one really thinks or feels. I mean throughout the story Sonic goes through this character development that is although cliche and cartoony, works for the franchise since Sonic is possibly the most cartoony video game character ever, but it focuses too much on Sonic, that we don't that much of the Zeti. I mean they really have no quarrel with Sonic to begin with if you think about it, Eggman forces Zazz on Sonic in Windy Hill, and Zazz starts off some pretty funny banter. Also is it me, or does it seem like the Deadly Six take until the end of the 2nd Act of the story to stop underestimating Sonic. I mean after Master Zik gets taken out by Sonic, Zavok starts to get worried. It's kinda hard for me to believe that it would take the defeats of 3 of the Deadly Six for Zavok to stop underestimating Sonic.

I too wasn't wooed or charmed by the Deadly Six.  They're just kinda there.  They don't feel like characters to me, they're just goofy villains who exist solely to mock and then be beaten up by Sonic.

Even Verte's detailed descriptions of them are still all stereotypical traits of the characters these guys supposedly "parody".  Yes it's played for laughs but they've been played for laughs in a million other things before.

And I never laughed at anything the Deadly Six did.

In fact after starting to search for Red Rings it's continually annoying me that their unfunny lines are still being repeated ad nauseum over gameplay.

It's kinda sad how we don't get enough of any development from them, cause in the end it felt like they were plot devices who were stretched out to be pathetically easy looking boss fights.

Zavok considers all the other members to be inferior to him, except Master Zik, it's his arrogance that made him underestimate Sonic, and once Zik, the only one who's better than Zavok gets defeated, makes sense for Zavok himself to start getting worried.

Edit: Leaving this here because it might be a spoiler, but

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFOrzgMG-CI

Does anyone knows where the music of this trailer plays on the game? Or is it another song like Cinema?

Edited by Ratcicle King

I don't think I will ever get tired of watching Eggman threaten the Zeti as he punches down a wall with his bare hands. That might just be my favorite scene in the game, though with such great writing all around, it definitely has lots of competition.

• Thumbs Up 5