Awoo.

Spoiler Topic [Warning - Untagged Discussion]

Carbo

Ugh, how do you beat Zavok? I beat him to the edge every tme, but when he starts to struggle, none of my attacks seems to work.

If you mean the fight on the robot snake, make him fall from the head side of it(At least that's what I saw they did)

Thats what im talking about though, I bring him to the edge, he gets this "Whoa I almost fall off" Animation, but he just blocks every single attack, no matter what I do.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Homing Attack, homing attack Zavok. The reticule, wait 'til it starts flashing bigger than normal and then do it.

• Thumbs Up 1

You have to wait for your Homing Attack marker to charge up when Zavok is in that awkward trippy stance near either edge of the mech.

EDIT: Espio'd lol

Edited by Count Mario
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thats what im talking about though, I bring him to the edge, he gets this "Whoa I almost fall off" Animation, but he just blocks every single attack, no matter what I do.

Wait ti'll the target reticle for a Homing attack grows bigger when your near him (i believe) and then hit him, which will knock him out.

EDIT: Ninja'd....

Edited by Narukami07
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ooooh, I see. Thanks guys. I always tried to hit him as fast as possible since those kind of "Dizzy" phases of bosses dont last that long.

Ooooh, I see. Thanks guys. I always tried to hit him as fast as possible since those kind of "Dizzy" phases of bosses dont last that long.

Yeah I had the same problem. It's normal instinct to try and finish the fight as quickly as possible rather than waiting a few seconds. Easy when you know how. I found the Zavok boss in Act 2 to be more tricky, as it took me a few attempts to realise you need to homing attack across the metal snake thing.

I'm up to Act 3 of Lava Mountain. Hopefully not far to go before I complete the game. The rail grinding in Act 2 is evil because the instant-kill enemies placement in the 2.5d sections is so damn cheap.

Edited by -Bender-

From what I've seen, I'd give this game a solid 8. Nothing more, nothing less. But that may all change if I get my hands on it. I mean after reading reviews and seeing the gameplay, seems like the biggest complaint by far is just the controls. The level design is questionable at times but the controls seem to be the biggest thing. They can't be as bad as reviewers make them out to be....can they? Oh well. My biggest gripe was the length of the game. Really? I would think they would make this game bigger than any of the past games since sonic is moving no where near as far and fast as the previous....(unleashed and gens). Even after the guy died 8+ times in Lava mountain 3, it still only took him about 3.5 hours to beat. And then the 2D stages. Ugh those seem like the biggest drag. Including the 2D grinding stages. Wow. Just wow. 

Made it to Lava Mountain Act 4 which I think is the final boss. I need to get another 700 animals before I can enter that stage. So time to collect some more animals and get some red star rings that I missed. 

Edited by -Bender-

Just beat the game. I have to say that final boss wasn't as challenging as I expected, but it was a fun boss fight. I like how when Eggman's mech is toppling around you can choose to either homing attack the head or the butt laugh.png Loved the story, even if it did feel a bit too much like a kids cartoon at times. The comedy was way better than Sonic Colours and Sonic Generations, especially the bit after the credits with Eggman's 'tache.

so guys i unlocked super sonic and  there is something off... no this isn't a one time thing its permanent.

1383913_10202260418536715_197073569_n.jp

You normally don't see Super Sonic up close so I don't think its a big deal.

Does the Hidden World have an objective? I'm on Hidden World Zone 1 and it just goes on forever. 

Hidden World 1 ends once time runs out, then you actually complete the level, weird, I know.

And no, it has no objective... Other than showing that Sonic can top Mario on weirdness.

BW9FtD6IAAAuXsV.jpg

So, Lost World is done. Got time attack to do, but I've got Super Sonic. Overall took me around 14-16 hours, wasn't exactly counting. happy.png;

Bothering to collect the red rings is perhaps a testament to the joy I get from this game - with Colours, I couldn't be arsed due to most of the game consisting of dodgy filler acts that felt uninteresting or were just parts of other acts changed up a bit. With this game, that kind of filler is gone, so I enjoyed it much more.

The game's difficulty is a touchy subject. I will say lots of the difficulty seems to stem from bad design over fair challenge, but ah well. It's just nice to play a 3D Sonic game that's difficult for once. I found it fine for the most part... but fffffuck whoever decided stealth and Sonic were a good mix.

Also, ha, Super Sonic effectively gets the boost. And tip of the day, courtesy of SonicYoda from SEGADriven - when skydiving, leave Sonic idle,and watch what happens. wink.png

Edited by Tracker

...Well it's better than what he came out with on a daily basis in Colours at least...

thats not really saying much

I wish Hidden World Act 2 was Act 4 instead.  I've heard nothing to suggest there's any more levels to unlock and Act 4 is just fucking weird as a final secret stage.

Hidden World generally just seems to be a collection of random ideas they couldn't find a place for in the main levels so just dumped them there since they'd been programmed might as well.

But Act 2 is actually a nice nostalgic throwback with that music and all.  It would have been a much more satisfying "finale" gameplay-wise.

• Thumbs Up 8

I wish Hidden World Act 2 was Act 4 instead.  I've heard nothing to suggest there's any more levels to unlock and Act 4 is just fucking weird as a final secret stage.

Hidden World generally just seems to be a collection of random ideas they couldn't find a place for in the main levels so just dumped them there since they'd been programmed might as well.

But Act 2 is actually a nice nostalgic throwback with that music and all.  It would have been a much more satisfying "finale" gameplay-wise.

Yeah, I was expecting an epic finale stage with a remix of "It Doesn't Matter" or something. (:I

What's the trick to beating Hidden World 1 anyway? I've beaten it, but I'm not sure how I did. 

EDIT: Ha, Super Sonic works in Frozen Factory 2!

Edited by Tracker

What's the trick to beating Hidden World 1 anyway? I've beaten it, but I'm not sure how I did. 

It's just a survival/score attack sorta minigame.  The stage clears when the time runs out.

• Thumbs Up 1

Something I find odd about Super Sonic is that most of his animations, such as pakouring are Sonic's normal animations, but in yellow, akin to the classic games. There's a slight twinge in his spikes, but it's barely noticeable.

Anyway, here's a better quality Super Sonic. Interesting how the mouth texture flipping's broken too, seems like he was kind of an after thought... 

iQ88ZDr.jpg

Edited by Tracker
  • Thumbs Up 1